s'waves, strings, and spirals

aimless6poetaimless6poet Posts: 71Registered Users
S'waves, strings, and spirals... I suppose it's the life of a two. We'll never be the girls who give our hair a little scrunch and magically have perfectly even clumpy spirals all over our head. But hey, at least our hair has variety, and variety is the spice of life!

I thought I'd share some pictures that document my daily battle with my hair. I wasn't very clumpy or curly, but I'm happy with the volume, shine and healthy appearance. And hey, who doesn't like to find those surprise spirals under the top layers of damaged hair? I consider myself a 2b, but today was definitely a s'wavy day :)

(finished product pictures in the next post)
~~Kirsten~~
2b,n,ii, high porosity
Likes: CJ CCCC, CJ Pattern Pusha CJ Rehab, DevaCare No-Poo, DevaCare One C, DevaCare ArcAngel, Shea Moisture Moisture Retention Shampoo, Shea Moisture Restorative Conditioner, SN Tropical Coconut, Ion Effective Care, GVPCB, FSG, IAGirl's FSG Curl Cream, ACV, IAGirl's PT, Sweet Almond Oil, EVCO, EVOO, Shea Butter, Plopping, Clipping, Diffusing, Smasters

Comments

• aimless6poetaimless6poet Posts: 71Registered Users
    finished product? Lots of volume and a few curls
    ~~Kirsten~~
    2b,n,ii, high porosity
    Likes: CJ CCCC, CJ Pattern Pusha CJ Rehab, DevaCare No-Poo, DevaCare One C, DevaCare ArcAngel, Shea Moisture Moisture Retention Shampoo, Shea Moisture Restorative Conditioner, SN Tropical Coconut, Ion Effective Care, GVPCB, FSG, IAGirl's FSG Curl Cream, ACV, IAGirl's PT, Sweet Almond Oil, EVCO, EVOO, Shea Butter, Plopping, Clipping, Diffusing, Smasters
  • Curly_LynCurly_Lyn Posts: 116Registered Users
    I completely understand... We must have "twin hair," except mine is a bit longer. :) When does this become easier???
    2B/fine to med texture/med porosity

Started CG on 5/5/12!
    Battling dry/itchy scalp since April 2010.... Starting to WIN! :)
    Low Poo: Nature's Gate Tea Tree Shampoo
    Cowash: GTTTT or GVPCB
    RO : Ion Effective Care
    LI : KCKT or GVPCB
    Stylers : FSG
    PT : IAgirl's PT w/ acv, coconut oil, GVPCB, herbs, green tea
    you've left me absolutely speechless, curly_lyn (my identical twin sister)
    ~~Kirsten~~
    2b,n,ii, high porosity
  • mamaherreramamaherrera Posts: 886Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    That's my hair too, but not as well defined, I can't get my spirals that defined and separated always. It's so hard.
    2c
    Medium texture
    Normal porosity
    Normal elasticity
    can get weighed down with lots of oils
    Co-wash-trying giovanni wellness
    Rinse out: Garnier Body Boost, GVP
    Leave-in: none right now, maybe a touch of SM curling souffle
    Curl enhancer: AOMM and KCCC
    Gel: Kiss my face gel
    DT:Jessicurl
    Low Poo: abba pure and natural, Giovanni Wellness
    working on: getting rid of frizz from the get-go
  • MyNameMyName Posts: 63Registered Users
    Me too. My canopy is ridiculously finicky. If I look at it wrong, it dries straight which in turn makes the rest look silly. The underneath is actually pretty consistently wavy. Ugh!
    2a canopy with 2b underneath.
    Fine hair, low elasticity,
    Hair dislikes oil
    Live in dry climate
  • Libra_MoonLibra_Moon Posts: 255Registered Users
    OMG, my hair exactly!!!

Pic I took a couple weeks ago --->uploadfromtaptalk1338419969501.jpg
    Closer to the root has less (heat, brush, color...) damage. My guess is I (we) will have serious spirals once its grown out, damaged less, and defined more.

Sent from my DROID X2 using CurlTalk App with accidental obvious autocorrect errors throughout.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Growing out Pixie since 5-10-2008 with some trims and anxiety chops along the way...
    hair details: BSL(c)/MBL(s) - 2b/2c (MPD if truth be told) - f/m, iii, porosity med-low.
    Please feel free to follow my FB blog page as I go through Cosmetology school abd beyond
    what else do you need/want to know? Blame all spelling mistakes on me, my fat fingers or autocorrect.
    oh yeah, and I'm newly gluten free...thanks to celiac
  • Libra_MoonLibra_Moon Posts: 255Registered Users
    Phone won't let me edit to add another pic... uploadfromtaptalk1338420663948.jpg

I also have a straight canopy...pin curls while air drying are helping.. but again hopefully time and new growth will fix it once and for all...inroll then, pin curls it is. (No pics of those, lol though I do drive to work with them in, hehehaha)

Oh and more moisture and no sulfates or silicones is helping since previous pictures.

Sent from my DROID X2 using CurlTalk App with accidental obvious autocorrect errors throughout.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Growing out Pixie since 5-10-2008 with some trims and anxiety chops along the way...
    hair details: BSL(c)/MBL(s) - 2b/2c (MPD if truth be told) - f/m, iii, porosity med-low.
    Please feel free to follow my FB blog page as I go through Cosmetology school abd beyond
    what else do you need/want to know? Blame all spelling mistakes on me, my fat fingers or autocorrect.
    oh yeah, and I'm newly gluten free...thanks to celiac
    you're going to look like a totally new person when those spirals grow!
    ~~Kirsten~~
    2b,n,ii, high porosity
  • wavychicawavychica Posts: 30Registered Users
    By any chance have you tried not scrunching or clipping? My hair really does not like raking products in, scrunching, or clipping. The less I handle it before it's totally dry, the better. If I rake or clip, I get stringy hair. If I scrunch, I get a ton of frizz. I smooth my LI, curl cream and mousse, plop for about 15, pixie diffuse upside down for about 2 minutes and finish diffusing right side up. That's the only way I can avoid stringiness AND get a consistent wave pattern all over. Anyway, just wanted to give you some food for thought :)
  • Curly_LynCurly_Lyn Posts: 116Registered Users
    wavychica wrote: »
    If I rake or clip, I get stringy hair.

same here!

ETA: I can rake a little to spread the product, and scrunch each section only once and hold it for a few seconds, but forget about clipping
    2B/fine to med texture/med porosity

Started CG on 5/5/12!
    Battling dry/itchy scalp since April 2010.... Starting to WIN! :)
    Low Poo: Nature's Gate Tea Tree Shampoo
    Cowash: GTTTT or GVPCB
    RO : Ion Effective Care
    LI : KCKT or GVPCB
    Stylers : FSG
    PT : IAgirl's PT w/ acv, coconut oil, GVPCB, herbs, green tea

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file