Hello!

ssarahdeessarahdee Posts: 27Registered Users
Hello curlies! I'm Sarah and I've basically been CG for 2 1/2 years without actually knowing what CG was! lol. Ever since then I've been on my own, trying to figure out the mass confusion that is my mop, until I randomly stumbled on a topic about co-washing! I decided to make an account here after I started co-washing and it changed my hair completely!! I couldn't believe the difference in just one shower, my hair felt completely rejuvenated!

Now I'm trying to tackle my next problem, mainly curl definition. (I hope this is the right place to put this on the forum!) My hair wants to be 3a/b, but because of six or seven years of heat damage, the curls can rarely actually achieve the full ringlet of 3a/b. The majority of my hair is 2c, while the under layer has the most healthy ringlet spirals. It's hard for me to style it because of this and I'm wondering if any of you guys have the same problem and what kind of products/regimen you use to solve this? I use spongey rollers to achieve clumps/body, but I eventually want to move away from this because it requires too much work and I'd rather just be able to wash-n-gooo! lol.

I'm so thankful for this website, it's made my life so much easier!
whirlsandcurls YouTube
BSL+, 3b, fine/medium texture&density, auburn

After 4 years of hard work,
I healed my curls from 2c to 3b!

Currently head over heels for the
Squish to Condish Method!
:love4:

Loves: KCKT/KCCC, Ouidad Moisture Lock, Ouidad Heat & Humidity Gel,
As I Am Leave-In, Ecostyler, Miss Jessie's Multicultural Curls,
AG Re:curl + so many more

Comments

• mhen76mhen76 Posts: 813Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Welcome, ssarahdee! If you've stopped damaging your hair with heat, got rid of harsh, drying products and you're using moisturizing ones, and you're still having trouble with definition, then maybe you need to experiment with different techniques or styling products. Many curlies find that plopping helps with curl formation and definition. I like scrunching in LOOB and/or homemade FSG. Manipulating my hair in any way while drying can cause me to lose definition and bring on frizz. I scrunch in my product, gently scrunch with a microfiber towel, clip the crown for some volume then fight the urge to touch while it dries. Without the right styling products, my hair is a mass of cotton candy. Hubby used to call me "Poodlehead." A little LOOB or Ecostyler topped off with a little gel and I've got tight spirals.
    3B, fine, normal to low porosity
    Modified CG since June 2010
    HGs: FSG, anything with glycerin, Tresemme Naturals conditioner, Curls Like Us cloths, satin pillowcases.
  • GretchenGretchen Administrator Posts: 10,840Moderators Curl Virtuoso
    Hi there and thanks for joining our curliness!

Gretchen
    NaturallyCurly.com co-founder
    3A

You are beautiful!
  • ssarahdeessarahdee Posts: 27Registered Users
    Thanks so much, mhen76! I bought the LOOB and I absolutely love it! It's got a great hold that can bind together all my tiny clumps! I totally understand what you mean by poodlehead, haha! The LOOB has really helped with that :)
    whirlsandcurls YouTube
    BSL+, 3b, fine/medium texture&density, auburn

After 4 years of hard work,
    I healed my curls from 2c to 3b!

Currently head over heels for the
    Squish to Condish Method!
    :love4:

Loves: KCKT/KCCC, Ouidad Moisture Lock, Ouidad Heat & Humidity Gel,
    As I Am Leave-In, Ecostyler, Miss Jessie's Multicultural Curls,
    AG Re:curl + so many more

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list