Wanna go CG, need product help

charis29charis29 Posts: 25Registered Users
Hair type below. My hair is very soft and is more "fly away" than frizz. Very shiny. Leans toward 2c when not cared for well. Color treated. I am willing to try the CG method if I can get better definition and less "fly away" look.

Current products are below with decent results, best I've had yet.

Trying to grow out from a really short cut. Current length (when curly) is about chin length.

My hair isn't too oily, even after 1 day, so I think I can manage and tolerate CG method if I can find the right products with good results.

I'm starting to alternate poo days and non poo days with the current conditioner and poo in my sig.

Not too sure about proteins and my hair. Never really tested anything out to see what my hair does.

I almost never use a clarifying shampoo, it dries my hair out a lot. I only use it if I'm super dirty or sweaty, etc.

Just looking for product recommendations and tips on easing into a CG method when used to pooing your whole life (that sounds funny).

I would prefer some of the more inexpensive products out there that provide a good result. Thanks all!

Untitled.jpg

052412185742.jpg

052412185604.jpg
2c (in back)/3a (in front); high density; med-high porosity

CG as of 5/26
CO & RO: Suave Naturals Everlasting Sunshine
Styling: LA Looks Sport Gel and Plopping/"Pixie Curl" diffusing

Comments

• charis29charis29 Posts: 25Registered Users
    Ok, purchased Suave Naturals Everlasting Sunshine and the LA Looks Sport Gel. Gonna do the sulfate cleanse in the AM and see how we go.

CG as of 5/26
  • mhen76mhen76 Posts: 813Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Welcome, charis29! It looks like you're off to a good start. Finding the right products is a lot of trial and error. Fine and porous hair often like protein. Coarse and nonporous hair usually don't. Be patient and experiment! You'll find lots of product reviews and discussions here.
    3B, fine, normal to low porosity
    Modified CG since June 2010
    HGs: FSG, anything with glycerin, Tresemme Naturals conditioner, Curls Like Us cloths, satin pillowcases.
    I know that my hair loves the Organix penetrating oil. Not sure if it's the proteins or something else in it that my hair likes.

CG as of 5/26
  • kathymackkathymack Posts: 9,999Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Your hair looks very similar to mine when I started. Winter wavy/summer 3a. Since being on nc.com, learning how to use products and technique, my hair looks like my signature picture every day.

Look for people with similar properties and see what they use. It's the best place to start. Personally, my hair likes the more natural products from the online, boutique type companies, so can't help you there.
    3a (Corkicelli), highlighted, fine, low porosity
    SE PA

HGs: Anything Sevi; Curly Kinks Satin Roots, Curlycue ReNew and Coil Jam; homemade FSG and okra gel; soap bars; UFD Curly Magic; Botanical Spirits Jellies, CJ Repair Me, Aloe Fix
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    What sort of changes should I expect while beginning to co-wash? I've been sulfate free for over a year now, but I haven't been w/o 'cones.

I do like the LA Looks Gel tho, I didn't use much so it's not too crunchy (I hate that).

CG as of 5/26

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file