So Frustratedly Frazzled! Ugh!! Please help!

anonymous_114091anonymous_114091 Registered Users Posts: 126 Curl Neophyte
I have no idea how to deal with my NG, and I'm only 1.5 months post relaxer. I can't cornrow or plait; I can only create inept, loose braids. My staple hairstyle is the high bun, but I can't rely on that forever. I know how to care for my relaxed hair because I've had a lifetime of experience, but I have no idea how to handle and care for my natural texture. It changes depending on what region of my head I'm focusing on! I want to be natural so badly, but I'm scared I won't know how to care for my hair. How am I supposed to moisturize it and when, for example? This all seems so daunting. I wrestled with my hair painfully last night in attempt to detangle it. It was a nightmare. What do I use to keep my natural roots soft and moisturized? TIA.

Sent from my HUAWEI-M860 using CurlTalk App
*BIG CHOP: September 22, 2012* :afro:
*Last Relaxer: April 15, 2012* :p

event.png

Comments

• KilajoKilajo Registered Users Posts: 786 Curl Neophyte
    Are you cg? When I stopped using cones and sulfates in my daughter's transitioning hair it became very easy to manage. When I do roller sets it's super soft and since that stretches it it's less prone to tangles. But if all else fails for you why not just BC? It'll grow back. Promise! :)

Sent from my PC36100 using CurlTalk App
  • anonymous_114091anonymous_114091 Registered Users Posts: 126 Curl Neophyte
    Thanks for the advice. I used to be CG during my early relaxed days, then I started using Herbal Essences Hello Hydration, which is the only product I use that has cones. My relaxed hair thrives on my current reggie, but my NG doesn't seem to like it much. I noticed that my NG began to act up when I oiled my scalp with castor oil. It's probably the fact that I handle my NG the same as my relaxed hair. I only know how to care for relaxed hair.

Sent from my HUAWEI-M860 using CurlTalk App
    *BIG CHOP: September 22, 2012* :afro:
    *Last Relaxer: April 15, 2012* :p

event.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file