BIG CHOP!

SuheyCitaSuheyCita Registered Users Posts: 39
So I just finished my "big chop." I have been cutting my hair little by little for the past 2-3weeks and I just couldn't take it anymore. I finished chopping off MOST of my straight dead ends that were a result of heat damage from flat ironing & trying the ombré hair trend. Now my hair is just past the shoulder (longest layer) where it reached mid way down my back when it was straightened before I began to cut away. I still have a few straight ends in the back but at this point it's nothing I can't conceal. Let me just say I have natural 3b curls and the flat iron has taken a toll on my curls and they're now 3a curls with slighter looser curls here and there. I RELIGIOUSLY USED a heat protector before my flat iron and deep conditioned after every wash not to mention I used the Apoghee protein treatments whenever I needed to repair my ends. I have however flat ironed my hair (after roller sets) weekly-2x a week for over 4yrs now so I can see how this affected my curl pattern and I'm even surprised I have any curl pattern at all. I'm never flat ironing my hair again and instead I'm a 100% CG following the CG method! LESSON LEARNED THE HARD WAY.

ad4d8ed7-f4a8-e737.jpg
Curly hair 2-3 summers ago
ad4d8ed7-f4f6-9d97.jpg
Ombré hair
ad4d8ed7-f520-4abc.jpg
Loose curls now
ad4d8ed7-f54d-5509.jpg
A few days ago after I cut a few inches but before I finalized my big chop

Comments

• pamm3lapamm3la Registered Users Posts: 70
    Try doing braidouts while ur transitioning so that why u forget about the damage ends and just cut little by little. I have severe heat damage to. 3b/c and that really is helping me a lot. I have been transitioning since dec/11

Sent from my SGH-T959V using CurlTalk App
    3B/3C Recovering from heat damaged :/... almost like transitioning because most of my hair is straight it won't curl, thsi is due to sooo many years of using heat without stoping.

Braid out and twist out are my staple styles right now! Not using heat since December 2011. Still experimenting with products!
    So that way**

3B/3C Recovering from heat damaged :/... almost like transitioning because most of my hair is straight it won't curl, thsi is due to sooo many years of using heat without stoping.

Braid out and twist out are my staple styles right now! Not using heat since December 2011. Still experimenting with products!
  • SuheyCitaSuheyCita Registered Users Posts: 39
    pamm3la wrote: »
    Try doing braidouts while ur transitioning so that why u forget about the damage ends and just cut little by little. I have severe heat damage to. 3b/c and that really is helping me a lot. I have been transitioning since dec/11

Thanks pamm3la! I will definitely give it a try!
    If u want go to my channel youtube.com/pamelabrit17 watch my recent video. There u can see the diff a braidout can make. At the end of the video i show pics

• SuheyCitaSuheyCita Registered Users Posts: 39
    I actually stumbled on your YouTube before I posted this! I'm going through the same issue as you with my hair but I just cut off the damage because I couldn't bare to look at the straight ends anymore. My hair now is curly, I'd say a 3A but I'm sure with proper care over time my curls will revert back to 3B because the top half of my hair was not damaged to the same extent.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file