DRY DRY DRY HAir

NarkolepcNarkolepc Registered Users Posts: 1
Hello community,

My sister had been bugging me about ending the endless damage to my hair via relaxer and I finally did on Sept 06. I wanted to maintain the longer hair for as long as possible but by november, i was loosing chunks of the relaxed hair so i got a mini BC (A mohawk of sorts).

I've cut most of the relaxed mohawk off and now just have a tuft of straight hair in the front that i style according to my mood.

Anyway, my hair is so so so so dry. When its wet, it feels great...but i can't seem to find a way to keep it from drying out and looking dull and feeling coarse. The worse is in the morning after sleeping, my hair is smashed to my head and feels so dry, my only alternative is to wet it in the shower.

What kind of products can i use to maintain the moisture content in my hair after washing or upon sleeping on my hair?

I usually wash w/ cream of nature (which i love), then then follow up w/ 'curls' whipped cream or curl souffle (i like the souffle better), this seems to kind of work. Sometimes i used a locking gel as a way to keep my curls extended after brusing or picking them out. i've also tried some spray on instant moisturizer, which make my hair feel more soft but also has a residue i don't care for.

HELP!!!!!!!!!
Natural since 11-06
4a/4b

Comments

• blackhoney112blackhoney112 Registered Users Posts: 126
    It may be time to clarify...cream of nature and any butter can lead to build up which blocks out moisture. I use a garlic poo to clarify and help with shedding Nutrine unscented garlic poo....also before doing a deep conditoner I use an ACV rinse which helps detangle the hair and make it silky smooth. HTH
    3c/4a
    Transitioning
    Following C&G method
    Fav products: Kenra MC, Misskey 10en1, VO5 moisturemilks, ACV rinses, Rhassoul clay & WGO
    pw: Romeo
    My hair album
  • SuburbanbushbabeSuburbanbushbabe Registered Users Posts: 15,402 Curl Neophyte
    Frequent deep treatments and pre-poo treatments with or without heat work for me--

Homemade (coconut milk, conditioner, honey, coconut oil, castor oil) - slather it on dry hair and sit under heat for 1/2 - conditioner wash or shampoo. You can also use it as a post-shampoo deep treatment

Ojon Restorative Hair Treatment - I use this once or twice a week. Apply to dry hair overnight and wash/condition in the morning. Soft, soft hair

Anita Grant Rhassoul Conditioner is also good - I mix with coconut milk and use as a pre-poo treatment. I like pre-poo treatments because they are less step-intensive (wash/rinse/wash/rinse)

Oils at night. Between washes (I damp style most days, co-wash every 3-4 days) I smooth a bit of oil or moisturizing cream in my dry hair-- any sort of pure fixed oil (jojoba, coconut, etc); Organikah Whipped hair butter; [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Blended-Cutie-Soft-Curls-and-Swirls-p-473.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=blended-cutie-soft-curls-swirls]Blended Cutie Soft Curls & Swirls[/buylink], Anita Grant Sapote Oil are all good ones I alternate.
    My blog - http://suburbanbushbabe.wordpress.com/
    My FOTKI - http://whatsnew.fotki.com/suburbanbushbabe/
    comic-p.jpg

Playing with my hair is a hobby. Fluffy, fine natural 4a. Goal= Healthy, beautiful hair that retains its length.
    Hear that crash? It's me falling off the CG wagon.
  • SmallFrySmallFry Registered Users Posts: 614
    I'd like to add, try switching to a satin pillowcase. The fabric is very gentle on the hair and will help it retain moisture and reduce frizz/dryness.
    Lotsa 3c curls
    Curly Journey Album
    Updated 2009 and 2010 pics
    Hair Journal/Products

It's not about having what you want, it's about Wanting what you have

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file