Help I want my 3b back!

VivyVivy Posts: 1Registered Users
Hi guys! I am so glad I found this forum! I am hoping someone can help me get my 3b back!

I was born with tight ringlets, but the combination of tight buns and what my mother called "cream baths" (lots of cream in the hair, 30min thermal cap), my hair turned wavy and soft.
Moving to Canada at the age of 8, we stopped the cream baths (didn't know where to buy the stuff=P). It took less than one year for my ringlets to come back. Until the age of 15 my hair was really defined ringlets (defined once I began using pantene gel). Anyway, I started noticing that the bottom layers of my hair were getting wavy again.
I am now 21 and my curls are gone =( The bottom is completely straight, and the top is more of an "s" curls than ringlets. My hairs feels REALLY soft and nice to touch but I want my ringlets back! It doesn't even bounce like it used to.

PS: I wash my hair everyday with pantene dry to moisturized shampoo and conditioner, use a leave-in conditioner, and the gel.

Could I be over-conditioning my hair again?!

Comments

• mhen76mhen76 Posts: 813Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Welcome, Vivy! There could be a number of things going on with your hair - hormones, wrong products, too much product, etc. Reading these boards will help you narrow it down and learn how to bring out the best in your hair. Another good resource is Live Curly Live Free - Home. Be patient! You'll learn a lot here and great support as you do!
    3B, fine, normal to low porosity
    Modified CG since June 2010
    HGs: FSG, anything with glycerin, Tresemme Naturals conditioner, Curls Like Us cloths, satin pillowcases.
  • GretchenGretchen Administrator Posts: 10,840Moderators Curl Virtuoso
    Welcome, Vivy. You'll find a lot of great info on the site; please dig around.

Gretchen
    NaturallyCurly.com co-founder
    3A

You are beautiful!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file