Suggestions for refreshing 2nd day hair?

MotorCurlMotorCurl Posts: 90Registered Users
Any suggestions for refreshing my 2c/2b waves on the second day? I normally lo-poo and style daily, but there are days when I have an early appointment and don't have time for my regular routine. I've tried Deva Mister Right and Jessicurl Awe Inspiraling spray. Both make my hair puffy, a little frizzy and VERY sticky/waxy feeling. A light water mist with scrunching and a little diffusing works okay but I'm looking for something fast and easy that won't make my hair feel sticky. Any thoughts?
2C/2B; Med-fine texture, Normal porosity/elasticity, med-thin density; Color treated
Cleanse: Jessicurl GLS, L'Oreal EverCreme cleansing conditioner
Co-Wash: SNES, VO5 Kiwi Lime
RO/LI: Jessicurl Aloeba and TooShea!, KCKT, GVPCB
Stylers: KCCC (HG!), SM C&S Milk, BRHG, Jessicurl Gelebration Spray, Confident Coils
CG since 4/23/12
Located in Houston, Texas

"Hair really is the crowning glory of a woman. It lights up her person, it frames her face, it makes a halo around her." - Ann Harding

Comments

• amandamarieamandamarie Posts: 240Registered Users
    I like the Curl Junkie Curl Fuel Spray (Curl Enhancing Spray | Curl Junkie | Curly Hair Products | Styling Sprays). You could try scrunching in a little conditioner though--it'll give you a little more moisture but won't get sticky and you probably won't have to diffuse afterwards.
    2a/b (really thick but sort of fine with pretty weak waves), medium-to-fine texture, normal porosity (I think). Doesn't seem to like protein.

Favorite products: Kinky-Curly Knot Today, Kinky-Curly Curling Custard, Curl Junkie Curls in a Bottle, Curl Junkie Curl Rehab, Curl Junkie Curl Assurance Smoothing Lotion, Shea Moisture Curl and Style Milk, homemade flaxseed gel.

Still looking for a cleanser I like. :dontknow:
  • TiliTili Posts: 14Registered Users
    I filled a spray bottle with a water conditioner mixture. I'm not sure of the proportions because I kept adding and mixing until it seemed right. If I spray it on my hand I can definitely feel the conditioner, but it's not too heavy with conditioner either. I spray this on my hair and scrunch. If there are any frizzy spots I spray those and scrunch or finger-twirl them until they look better.

I still get some frizz as it dries. sometimes I add a tiny bit of gel to my wet hands and spred it over the frizzy spots as well. If your hands are wet it will help keep the gel from getting crunchy or sticky.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file