Products That Are Cruelty Free Board?

dried n frieddried n fried Registered Users Posts: 6
Hi folks,
I'm wondering if there can be a natural, cruetly free forum where folks can post cruelty free products since it seems many of us don't know them---& do reviews on them?
I'm just thinking of this after reading the animal testing thread. It seems to me that if folks knew what products are cruelty free that they would try them first before resorting to any product. Just a thought! icon_biggrin.gif
Gems: Mode de Vie S & C, Curls Rock or Alterna Text. Glaze with Aura Cacia Curl Enhance Gel on top!

Comments

• new2curlsnew2curls Registered Users Posts: 10
    This is great. Why don't you just direct everyone here to list the products they've found that are cruelty free? Sorry, I freaked you out with the pig story. I saw that about 15 years ago and I'm still freaked. icon_sad.gif
  • rouquinnerouquinne Registered Users Posts: 13,737 Curl Connoisseur
    i don't think this is a good idea.

if NC is seen to be "promoting" these products above others - and that is what a forum devoted to that could be seen as - other companies possibly might NOT support this site in the future, and current supporters might withdraw their support.

the number of sponsors involved currently is quite small - alienating ANY possible sponsor is not a good idea!

identifying the companies in reviews is more than sufficient, and there are organizations out there that maintain lists already for those who care about such things.
    My blog:

http://labellatestarossa.blogspot.ca/

Little Mother of all the Roaches, President-for-Life of the MAC Harlots!
  • GretchenGretchen Administrator Moderators Posts: 10,840 Curl Virtuoso
    Good points, everyone.

Michelle and I will talk.

Keep the ideas coming!

Gretchen
    NaturallyCurly.com co-founder
    3A

You are beautiful!
  • stacy3Cstacy3C Registered Users Posts: 132
    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by rouquinne:
    i don't think this is a good idea.

if NC is seen to be "promoting" these products above others - and that is what a forum devoted to that could be seen as - other companies possibly might NOT support this site in the future, and current supporters might withdraw their support.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

NC would not be promoting cruelty free products if they had a board for sharing this type of information.

Consider this, NC has a shampooles board but reviews shampoos in its Tools section.

We are not asking for NC to advertise or promote cruelty free products. We are just asking for a little corner to share this information.

Additionally, our newest advertiser, Mahisha Dellinger, states that her products are cruelty free and contain NO animal ingredients.

Evidently cruelty free shoppers make up a large special interest group; we already have many companies that are listening and producing the goods.

Stacy
    3B/C shoulder length and silver. Neuma products: Smooth Shampoo, Moisture Conditioner, Tangle Me Free Spray, and Styling Gelee.
  • rouquinnerouquinne Registered Users Posts: 13,737 Curl Connoisseur
    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Stacy3C:
    NC would not be promoting cruelty free products if they had a board for sharing this type of information.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

i am saying that current and potential future advertizers could possibly see it this way.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote
    Consider this, NC has a shampooles board but reviews shampoos in its Tools section.

the "no-poo" board is VERY new and i suggested it because the "Curly Girl" routine questions had dominated the hair discussion board for a year and a half.

We are not asking for NC to advertise or promote cruelty free products. We are just asking for a little corner to share this information.

i don't think dividing the board up into "little corners" is advisable. this is a community for sharing, it's always been a community for sharing. you're new, and might not have seen as much of it as i have in my almost 4-years here.

G&M made the changes in the hair section recently after observing trends over a long period of time. i don't see an overwhelming trend that would require a separate discussion area for such products. and there are sites that track such information for those that would like to have it.

our newest advertiser, Mahisha Dellinger, states that her products are cruelty free and contain NO animal ingredients.

that's nice.

Evidently cruelty free shoppers make up a large special interest group; we already have many companies that are listening and producing the goods.

and there are places to discuss that, and places that maintain lists of the products for those that want them. but there's not an overwhelming trend on NC that points toward needing a separate place for discussing it. it's still something that can be covered when questions are asked on the general hair board.
    My blog:

http://labellatestarossa.blogspot.ca/

Little Mother of all the Roaches, President-for-Life of the MAC Harlots!
  • CurlyGirlMereCurlyGirlMere Registered Users Posts: 3
    I LOVE THIS IDEA!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file