My Big Cut

honeyhoneyhoneyhoney Posts: 33Registered Users Curl Neophyte
A week are so ago i finally got fed up with the relaxed parts of my hair and so cut it off after about 8 months of transitioning i think my hair is a 4a/4b

because of the description of both hair type is very similar to mine but my hair is so short now probably can't tell which type it is yet what does anyone think.

I had seriously damaged hair and want to start taking better care of my hair but am new to natural hair care.

My hair has been pressed are relaxed since i was 6 are 7 frizz has always been my enemy so i can remember practically frying my hair with the pressing comb as a teen(i'm lucky i have any hair left)

Comments

• mhen76mhen76 Posts: 813Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Welcome, honeyhoney! Your curl pattern may change as your hair gets healthier. You may want to discover your hair properties to help you choose products and techniques that will bring out the best in your hair. Here's a good starting point: Live Curly Live Free - Types of Curls
    Good luck and have fun!
    3B, fine, normal to low porosity
    Modified CG since June 2010
    HGs: FSG, anything with glycerin, Tresemme Naturals conditioner, Curls Like Us cloths, satin pillowcases.
  • GretchenGretchen Administrator Posts: 10,840Moderators Curl Virtuoso
    Welcome, honeyhoney! Congrats on your BC.

Dig around the site; you'll find lots of great info!

Gretchen
    NaturallyCurly.com co-founder
    3A

You are beautiful!
  • chattrbox11021chattrbox11021 Posts: 1Registered Users
    The last time I relaxed was November 11, 2011 (I just noticed now that it's 11/11/11, memorable huh?). I let my hair transition for about 6months in all kinds of homemade braids (which probably caused a lot of damage and splitting more than anything else cuz I'd never braided anyone's hair, talk less of mine!). Then, I walked into a Black hair salon somewhere in Ontario, OH and got most of my straight ends cut off on the 11th of May( I seem to have a thing for the 11ths lol). I now sport the teeniest of TWAs.
    Now its like, what next?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file