CurlTalk

Conditioner recs for 2c-3a

AliceEnigmaticAliceEnigmatic Posts: 5Registered Users
Hi there,

I have very long 2c-3aish hair (it actually runs more 3a with very defined ringlets that are a little tighter than normal, quarter inch to half inch in diameter, but the length weighs it out to 2c-3a), and I'm doing a 'poo free method. I'm looking for a good generic-ish brand conditioner for the poo free method that will give me the luxe shiny effect that conditioner can give. I'm currently doing Pantene for curls (moisture), any suggestions? Miracle products?

Comments

• raynebairraynebair Posts: 37Registered Users
    I have no idea how good it is, because I've only just started, but I found Suave Naturals on sale at CVS this week for $1.50 (with CVS card). The VO5 tea therapy was on sale for $0.89. So yeah, I bought several of each.

I've heard good things about both so I figured that was a good inexpensive choice to start with.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    CG since May 23, 2012
    Yep, I'm a newbie!
    Hispanic with 3a/b curls that did not exist when I was a child

Current Products:
    Suave Naturals Everlasting Sunshine
    VO5 Tea Therapy Blackberry Sage
    HETT gel
  • guthak01guthak01 Posts: 188Registered Users
    Tresemme naturals is a good one. I also have very long hair and this didnt weigh it down. However if you clarify what exactly you want to use it for (cowash, rinse out, or leave in) and include your hair properties you will get better recommendations

Live Curly Live Free - Curly Hair Basics

This website will walk you through hair properties: texture, porosity...

HTH
    3a/3b, Low porosity, Medium Density
    Low-poo: Shea Moisture Moisture Retention
    RO: Matrix Biolage Conditioning Balm
    Leave-in: Kinky-Curly Knot Today
    Styler: Aussie Instant Freeze or LALSG
  • SaraNoHSaraNoH Posts: 827Registered Users
    Suave Naturals is a good, cheap cowash option, and I second Tresemme Naturals as a rinse out. That stuff has great slip. Also, check out Sallys Generic Value Product Conditioning Balm--it's popular and is super moisturizing.
    CG Birthday: 7/25/11
    Type 3a/2c
    Dense, Fine in front Coarse in back, Low porosity
    Low-Poo: SM Moisture Retention Shampoo
    Rinse Out: Tresemme Naturals
    Leave In: ^^^^
    Stylers: AIF, Natural Silks Curly Gel
    *Desert Curly*