I'm going to try mousse. Any tips?

Lucky CharmLucky Charm Posts: 1,250Registered Users
I went to Sallys today to simply buy a new wide toothed comb, and decided to pick up Noodle Head Mousse. I havent used a mousse in YEARS, since before starting CG! I decided on this mousse because I read somewhere it has a firm hold and is fairly CG (water soluble cones) - and I'm not scared of crunch, as long as I can scrunch it out. I have tons of hair and I'm not sure how much to use - I've seen YouTube videos of people with much finer/thinner hair than mine using large amounts, so I'm a little confused. As you can tell this was quite an impulse buy!

Should I use a little gel on top for extra control? I have CJ PP, AIF (not in love with it), and LALSG.

Thanks for any tips, much appreciated!
- 2C - Coarse Canopy & med/fine underlayers
- MOP C Hydrating 'poo
- LOreal Natures Therapy Moisturizing condish, ION Effective Care, Garnier S&S (old formula)
- treatments: CJ Curl Rehab, CJ Repair Me!
- plopping, diffusing, and clipping the roots

Comments

• Touch.of.inkTouch.of.ink Posts: 297Registered Users
    No clue, since I've never been able to get mousse to work for me, but I'll be watching this thread!

Oh... NC has a video about how to apply mousse to wavy hair.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Hair: Very fine, normal porous (Finally! Yay!), normal elasticity, loves high dew points.
    Daily: Nature's Gate Tea Tree shampoo, GVP CB, Cure Care conditioner, aloe vera gel, Jessicurls products, Spiral Solutions products.
    Monthly: Henna
    As needed: John Masters Organics Sea Mist
    HG Product: BioSilk Rock Hard Gelee (aka BRHG. It even has HG in the name!)
    Last perm: 12/10/10
    CG since: 3/9/12
    Last haircut: 4/17/12
    Gossamer Fringe (my blog)
  • Lucky CharmLucky Charm Posts: 1,250Registered Users
    No clue, since I've never been able to get mousse to work for me, but I'll be watching this thread!

Oh... NC has a video about how to apply mousse to wavy hair.

ooo thanks! I'll look up the video. I'll give the mousse a try tomorrow. I dont have anywhere I need to be, so if I emerge from the bathroom with massive 80s hair, its not going to ruin my day 8)
    - MOP C Hydrating 'poo
    - LOreal Natures Therapy Moisturizing condish, ION Effective Care, Garnier S&S (old formula)
  • charis29charis29 Posts: 25Registered Users
    I can't ever get mousse to work for me either. I end up with crunchy hair and I hate that. Let me know how it works out for you.
    2c (in back)/3a (in front); high density; med-high porosity

CG as of 5/26
    CO & RO: Suave Naturals Everlasting Sunshine
    Styling: LA Looks Sport Gel and Plopping/"Pixie Curl" diffusing
    bad bad bad!!!! It started out with a little hope, but now, I'm a ball of puff. I think its going back to Sallys. Oh well, I tried.
    - MOP C Hydrating 'poo
  • wavymomwavymom Posts: 292Registered Users
    Whenever I use mousse (only have tried the Herbal Essence ones), I always top it with gel. I take a palm-full of mousse and scrunch it through dripping wet hair, then I take some gel and scrunch that through. (I always use BRHG.) Without gel, the mousse dries my hair out and makes it big and poofy like you're describing. With gel, it can help enhance my curls while the gel holds it in place.
    wavymom wrote: »
    Whenever I use mousse (only have tried the Herbal Essence ones), I always top it with gel. I take a palm-full of mousse and scrunch it through dripping wet hair, then I take some gel and scrunch that through. (I always use BRHG.) Without gel, the mousse dries my hair out and makes it big and poofy like you're describing. With gel, it can help enhance my curls while the gel holds it in place.
    hmm... ok that might be worth another try with gel on top. I was hoping it would have strong enough hold on its own, but it definitely does not. I dont have any BRHG at the moment, all the Targets in my area suddenly dont carry it anymore :( I need to get some soon though, the humidity is starting to kick in.
    - MOP C Hydrating 'poo

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file