Haircolor advice concerning Robert Craig

SpringySpiralsSpringySpirals Posts: 15Registered Users
A couple of days ago I colored my hair with Loreal Excellence Creme in Medium Golden Blonde. I was trying to add some warmth to my hair while also lightening my roots. Anyway, my roots are now an orangey shade and I don't think I like the warmth that much after all. I tend to wear a lot of pastels in clothing and makeup, so I would like to go back to a cooler shade of blonde. I have wanted to try Robert Craig for a long time and am thinking that now might be the perfect opportunity. I don't want to do anymore damage to my hair and would like to tone down the warmth. Does anyone who is familiar with RC think I could get this result by using #16 Light Ash Blonde and the Clear? Should I use ColorFix first or would that be too damaging? Thanks for any help you all can give me!
Hair type is 3a. The best DT I have ever used is the Joico K-Pak Intense Hydrator!
Fotki password: springy

Comments

• SuburbanbushbabeSuburbanbushbabe Posts: 15,402Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    You can e-mail for advice on the RC.com site. I would do that.
    My blog - http://suburbanbushbabe.wordpress.com/
    My FOTKI - http://whatsnew.fotki.com/suburbanbushbabe/
    comic-p.jpg

Playing with my hair is a hobby. Fluffy, fine natural 4a. Goal= Healthy, beautiful hair that retains its length.
    Hear that crash? It's me falling off the CG wagon.
  • SpringySpiralsSpringySpirals Posts: 15Registered Users
    Yeah, I will probably do that. I know that a lot of people on here use RC, so I thought I might go on ahead and get some suggestions. I'm also considering just going back to my natural which is somewhere between a dark blonde/light brown. I guess I could do that pretty safely with RC from what I've read. I've just been a blonde for so long, that I don't know if I could get used to seeing myself with dark hair. :shock:
    Hair type is 3a. The best DT I have ever used is the Joico K-Pak Intense Hydrator!
    Fotki password: springy
  • CurliLocksCurliLocks Posts: 10,573Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Are you trying to lighten or go back to your natural darker color? I agree that you should go to the Ask Karin section and email her for help. You may want to lift the old color, unless it's lighter and you're going darker. In that case, you will probably need to use a filler (the ash blonde might work) before coloring the rest to match. But do ask Karin for the best advice. :) She's great!
    SF Bay Area, CA * "The Angel-Goddess-Guru of Haircoloring" :D
    3b/c/a mix. medium texture, low porosity
    My Motto: Strand Test! some hair pics
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] -- gone, but never forgotten.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file