Protein treatment gone bad :( HELP!!

KayMax224KayMax224 Registered Users Posts: 1
Ok so I'm not necessarily new to the natural world. I havent had a relaxer since March of 2010 but the majority of the time I've worn braids of some type. I took my hair out summer and fall of 2011 and wore it natural for a few months at school. I straightened it in november to see what it looked like and how long it was. I felt like after that my curls were looser so I did the aphogee protein treatment to tighten them. I did the treatment and then got braids again to leave heat out of it. i had braids from december to may. I took out my hair and its as if my roots are now 4b/c and the rest of my hair is still my normal curly and smooth. The puffy roots make it impossible to even wear a pony tail and God forbid I wear it out. I've been back and forth with just gettin a relaxer since I can't cut the roots off. I'm completely confused as to how the hair is growing in at a different texture than the rest of my hair. Can anyone tell me what's going on? :(

Comments

• Goin'GreyGoin'Grey Registered Users Posts: 301 Curl Neophyte
    I'm sorry your having trouble with your hair. I'm pretty good at helping with protein issues as I'm protein sensitive.
    Relaxing,I don't have any valuable experience in. I don't really understand your question, but it almost sounds like you are asking about relaxing and regrowth. Is that right?
    3A, Protein Senitive, Low Porosity,
    Med-Course
    Wash: Suave Naturals Conds (excluding Coconut), CVSB
    Rinse out/Leave In: GVP Cond. Balm, KCKT,
    Style: Naturelle Gel(winter HG), KCCC (summer HG), Flaxseed gel
    SOTC: JCNS
    Love your hair: Love yourself!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file