Smoothing coarse hair-Cream, gel or other?

curlyiniecalicurlyiniecali Registered Users Posts: 17
I have been trying to smooth my coarse hair after applying a LI but I've had a hard time finding a product that works for my hair. My hair is protein sensitive, particularly to aloe so that makes it hard to find a gel or curl cream that will work. Any suggestions?

Comments

• KetchupKetchup Registered Users Posts: 375
    I don't know if you refer to smooth down for rough cuticles/ends or just slicked back styles so I'll offer a suggestion for both.

An acidic rinse with vinegar will smooth/flatten down your cuticles. Apple cider vinegar is quite popular. You could also try a cold water rinse afterwards.

For slicked back styles have your tried ecostyler gel?
    I hear As I am smoothing gel is supposed to be really good?

HTH

I

✌📲
    http://coilyas123.blogspot.com

Coily, Kinky & Nappy.
  • curlyiniecalicurlyiniecali Registered Users Posts: 17
    Sorry that I wasn't clear, what I meant was trying to prevent/treat frizz and smoothing the ends. Working with the protein/aloe sensitivity is what makes it a challenge.
  • KetchupKetchup Registered Users Posts: 375
    Then the acidic rinse may help. Try an ACV rinse
    http://coilyas123.blogspot.com

Coily, Kinky & Nappy.
  • Jo SomebodyJo Somebody Registered Users Posts: 1,578 Curl Neophyte
    It's weird, the coarser sections of my hair are the least frizzy. My frizzy spots have fine hair!
    My hair is in the 4s, low in porosity, high in density and coarse. :happy6:

Love: QB - all of it, Bobeam - shampoo bars, Darcy's Botanicals - Pumpkin Seed Conditioner, Coconut Cupuacu Pomade, KBN - Shealoe Leave-in, Oyin - Juices & Berries, Kinky Curly - Knot Today, Ayurvedic treatments, my Denman and the cloud of kinky goodness on my head that I get to play with! :love8:
  • FronomenalFronomenal Registered Users Posts: 712 Curl Neophyte
    I really don't know what to suggest product wise. I just stick to moisturizing products-- shampoos, conditioners, leave-in conditioners, etc.

I use a smoothing technique while styling my fresh washed, damp hair [Source: Tip 7 Smoothing - Mane and Chic ]. I section, apply leave-in conditioner(s), smooth using my fingers and the palms of my hands and style (braid, twist, Bantu knot etc). After styling, I cover my hair with a satin scarf and a satin bonnet.

For smoothing my ends, I add extra leave-in conditioner & top it off with a layer of castor oil. Twisting last inch or so of my braids (for a future braid- out) works as well.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file