Read/unread indications

NetGNetG Posts: 8,116Registered Users
Every once in a while (such as about 30 seconds ago) all of my unread threads switch to read, without me hitting the "mark all as unread" button. I think someone else posted on this before, too. Usually it only happens for me on the hair board, but it just wiped out the non hair board for me, too.
The pews never miss a sermon but that doesn't get them one step closer to Heaven.
-Speckla

But at least the pews never attend yoga!

Comments

• PeppyPeppy Posts: 3,290Registered Users
    I was the other person who posted the question. Gretchen said she didn't know the folders were supposed to change color after you read the topic. She said she would check into it, but that's the last I heard. I'm still having the problem too.
  • GretchenGretchen Administrator Posts: 10,840Moderators Curl Virtuoso
    Just keep reminding me. I've a million things to work on, and havne't had time for this one.

it's on the list.

Gretchen
    NaturallyCurly.com co-founder
    3A

You are beautiful!
  • NetGNetG Posts: 8,116Registered Users
    Just another reminder. :-)
    The pews never miss a sermon but that doesn't get them one step closer to Heaven.
    -Speckla

Just another reminder.......unless it was fixed today, it's still doing it. This is the first board I'm visiting today. When I switch to the non-hair board, all the topics will be marked "read" even though I haven't been there in two days. Thanks.
    What browser are y'all using?

Gretchen
    3A

You are beautiful!
    It looks like someone made a change-and it's worse for me now! Now, everything new since last time I was at NC.com is marked unread, even after being read, but everything from last time I was on NC.com, even if not a board I visited is marked read.

I'm using Netscape.
    -Speckla

What version of Netscape? Have you tried it w/ a different browser?

We haven't changed anything. i posted something on the php help forum, but no one's ever heard of the problem.
    The only response I got was this:

This will happen if you log out then in again, or if you open your forum in a different window than the window you were using to view the forum.

I've never experienced it "randomly"..

Gretchen
    3A

You are beautiful!
    It's working again now.....there's *something* going on....
    -Speckla

I swear we're not messin' with you! Keep me posted.

Gretchen
    3A

You are beautiful!
    It was working, and now it's not again.

Could it have to do with how busy the server is? That it doesn't track cookies correctly if it's busy? It seems to always work when things are running fast, but not always when slower-and seems to work less since more members have joined (keeping the server busier.)
    -Speckla

AND.....it's working again.
    -Speckla

Still having same problem.......works and then doesn't. I'm using AOL....same as I was using with the old board. It worked fine on the old board. :cry:
    It's been working for me since my last post-but I just signed on, and everything was marked read. Now, the new posts since I signed on are showing up as unread even after I read them.
    -Speckla

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file