CurlTalk

I finally did it - I bought a Ficcare

Lucky CharmLucky Charm Posts: 1,250Registered Users
I've been lemming a Ficcare Maxima clip for years. The price kept putting me off, but I took the plunge today at Nordstrom. I wanted to see if they were as strong as I anticipated, and if they could really, truly hold my hair.
Well, yes and yes! My hair is so dense, its amost ridiculous. Forget bobbypins and most jaw clips, they dont stand a chance. I love my Flexi-8s, those are very strong too, but change is good and I wanted something different.
I bought the medium sized one for now, as my hair is not long enough to do a french twist, which I know would reqire a large. This clip is very comfortable yet very strong. The jaw part of the clip doesnt snag my hair either, which is important to me.
I find it hard to find nice looking hair accessories for dense hair - theyre either so bulky and obtrusive, or slide out of place. The Ficcare is very sleek and it hasn't budged since this afternoon :thumbup: I can tell this (and of course my Flexis!) are going to be my summer-hair-staples!
- 2C - Coarse Canopy & med/fine underlayers
- MOP C Hydrating 'poo
- LOreal Natures Therapy Moisturizing condish, ION Effective Care, Garnier S&S (old formula)
- treatments: CJ Curl Rehab, CJ Repair Me!
- plopping, diffusing, and clipping the roots

Comments

• tycho19tycho19 Posts: 805Registered Users
    Love mine! Enjoy
    2B/2C wavy
    Don't Breed and Buy While Shelter Dogs Die - Adopt your next best friend!
  • Touch.of.inkTouch.of.ink Posts: 297Registered Users
    I'd never heard of these so I googled it. Is this what you're talking about? ficcare.com If so, they look incredible!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Hair: Very fine, normal porous (Finally! Yay!), normal elasticity, loves high dew points.
    Daily: Nature's Gate Tea Tree shampoo, GVP CB, Cure Care conditioner, aloe vera gel, Jessicurls products, Spiral Solutions products.
    Monthly: Henna
    As needed: John Masters Organics Sea Mist
    HG Product: BioSilk Rock Hard Gelee (aka BRHG. It even has HG in the name!)
    Last perm: 12/10/10
    CG since: 3/9/12
    Last haircut: 4/17/12
    Gossamer Fringe (my blog)
  • CurlsnswirlsCurlsnswirls Posts: 865Registered Users
    I love mine. I have several styles....Maximas, ficcarissimo, superclip and a beak clip. They all work for different styles.
  • Lucky CharmLucky Charm Posts: 1,250Registered Users
    I love mine. I have several styles....Maximas, ficcarissimo, superclip and a beak clip. They all work for different styles.
    I didnt see the other styles at Nordstrom, but they all look amazing on the website! Down the road I'd like to get a couple other sizes and styles to play with - this could be the beginning of an expensive hobby!
    I'm happy with it, its just what I was hoping for :D
    - 2C - Coarse Canopy & med/fine underlayers
    - MOP C Hydrating 'poo
    - LOreal Natures Therapy Moisturizing condish, ION Effective Care, Garnier S&S (old formula)
    - treatments: CJ Curl Rehab, CJ Repair Me!
    - plopping, diffusing, and clipping the roots