We’d like your help getting CurlTalk back on its feet!

By participating on CurlTalk — posting, commenting, liking — in the next few weeks, you will automatically be entered to win amazing prizes.

Our latest winner is Savagegirl!

CurlyCanadian, Bomega and EllaJ have also won wonderful prizes! Will you be next? Post, like, comment, GET ACTIVE and help us get CurlTalk ENERGIZED again!

Learn more!

Movie Watchers "Club"

kaybkayb Posts: 5,054Registered Users
Hello, all.

Last year, a few other curlies and myself had a "movie watchers club over in 4A. The premise was for each "member" to pick 2-3 movies in keep with that week's theme. The movies with the most votes would be the ones chosen that week. I liked this setup because I watched movies that I would otherwise not have seen. Needless to say, I miss this form of bonding and have been thinking of restarting one over here, in non-hair.

This is just to see if there is any general interest and how many persons would be willing to participate.

If you have any questions then please not hesitate to ask.

You may see the old thread here.
I ain't thirsty. There's plenty of fish in the sea, but I don't want all of them, can I have some standards? Or do we just have to settle, for someone's who meh and will do.
"
Failed to load the poll.
Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• CurlyCanadianCurlyCanadian Posts: 10,860Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Connoisseur
    Sounds like fun!
    I believe in manicures. I believe in overdressing. I believe in primping at leisure and wearing lipstick. I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles.
    Audrey Hepburn
  • Jess the MessJess the Mess Posts: 5,844Registered Users
    I think it sounds fun too! I'm home alone while the kids are at school and I'm always looking for something interesting/fun to watch when bored.
    High Priestess JessMess, follower of the Goddess of the Coiling Way and Confiscator of Concoctions in the Order of the Curly Crusaders

• claudine19claudine19 Posts: 4,486Registered Users
    Count me in.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dogs and nature abhor a vacuum.
    http://geaugadoggy.wordpress.com
  • HomeGrownHairGirlHomeGrownHairGirl Posts: 296Registered Users
    I definitely remember the movie "club" in 4a. After a while, I went M.I.A. because I was working a lot of side jobs...Have a decent amount of free time now.

I would try to be much more participatory this time around! :thumbleft:
    Yay!

Let's do it, kayb!

(I'll be the group cheerleader, which feels like a really weird thing to say.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kaybkayb Posts: 5,054Registered Users
    Would you guys be okay with starting next week.

Anyone want to pick a theme?

I'm liking "adaptations," but it's up in the air.
    I ain't thirsty. There's plenty of fish in the sea, but I don't want all of them, can I have some standards? Or do we just have to settle, for someone's who meh and will do.
    "
  • legendslegends Posts: 3,073Registered Users
    Sounds like fun! My movie watching has gone way down over the past couple of years and I'd like start again. Count me in.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9650
    Eres o te haces?
  • KetchupKetchup Posts: 375Registered Users
  • theliothelio Posts: 5,374Registered Users
    kayb wrote: »
    Would you guys be okay with starting next week.

Anyone want to pick a theme?

I'm liking "adaptations," but it's up in the air.

Like adaptations from a book???

if so "kite runner"?
    Yes, like book to movie adaptations.

The Kite Runner is a cool vote.

My two are:

1. Fight Club
    2. The Road

:afro:
    "
    The Road by Cormac McCarthy?

My votes are for:

The Leopard
    Stand By Me (never saw it)
    Shutter Island (with Leo DC)

(The Heiress is excellent, but I've seen it twice)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes. I haven't seen it and the movie was made in 2009 with Viggo Mortensen. Link here.

OMG! I love Shutter Island! Wouldn't mind a rewatch!
    "
    I love Viggo (in the dirtiest way possible), but Cormac depresses the bejesus out of me.

If people want to see this one, though, I'll abide by the democracy.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • CurlyCanadianCurlyCanadian Posts: 10,860Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Connoisseur
    Any Romeo & Juliet
    To Kill a Mocking Bird
    No Country for Old Men

*Assuming we're going with stuff we haven't seen yet???
    I believe in manicures. I believe in overdressing. I believe in primping at leisure and wearing lipstick. I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles.
    Audrey Hepburn
    I love that someone voted No in the poll :lol:
    Audrey Hepburn
  • KetchupKetchup Posts: 375Registered Users
    The lovely bones
    The illusionist
    The kite runner

✌📲
  • theliothelio Posts: 5,374Registered Users
    1. The Kite runner
    2. The Road
    3. The Lovely Bones
    4. A Clockwork Orange
    5. Fight Club

My top 5 picks in order.
    So far we have:- please know that I only count the first two submissions/votes.

The Kite Runner (2 votes)
    The Road (2 votes)
    The illusionist (1 vote)
    Romeo and Juliet (1 vote)
    Fight Club (1 vote)
    The Lovely Bones (1 vote)
    To Kill a Mockingbord
    The Leopard (1 vote)
    Stand by Me (1 vote)

Think I got everything.
    "
    I'm voting The Leopard because I haven't seen it. Although I'm not opposed to watching movies multiple times

My fat thumb will make mistakes.
    High Priestess JessMess, follower of the Goddess of the Coiling Way and Confiscator of Concoctions in the Order of the Curly Crusaders

I'd like to put the kibosh on anything by Cormac, but I want to play fair, too.

(Actually, I just really wanted to use the word "kibosh.")
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • missbanjomissbanjo Posts: 3,088Registered Users
    I'll vote for

The Kite Runner
    The Lovely Bones

Southern Colorado Curly
    Mix of 2s med-low porosity, med-fine texture, lots of hair
    I vote for:

The Leopard
    Stand By Me

(or do my suggestions already count as votes?)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    We are now at:

The Kite Runner (3)
    The Lovely Bones (2)

Claudine- your original suggestions do count as votes unless we have to do a run off in which case you may vote again. :tweety:
    kayb wrote: »
    So far we have:- please know that I only count the first two submissions/votes.

The Kite Runner (2 votes)
    The Road (2 votes)
    The illusionist (1 vote)
    Romeo and Juliet (1 vote)
    Fight Club (1 vote)
    The Lovely Bones (1 vote)
    To Kill a Mockingbord
    The Leopard (1 vote)
    Stand by Me (1 vote)

Think I got everything.
    "
    Thank you, kayb. :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My second vote is Lovely Bones. I read it but didn't watch it.

My fat thumb will make mistakes.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file