We’d like your help getting CurlTalk back on its feet!

By participating on CurlTalk — posting, commenting, liking — in the next few weeks, you will automatically be entered to win amazing prizes.

Our latest winner is Savagegirl!

CurlyCanadian, Bomega and EllaJ have also won wonderful prizes! Will you be next? Post, like, comment, GET ACTIVE and help us get CurlTalk ENERGIZED again!

Learn more!

Does anyone Suffer from Pyramid effect?

So i am wondering when 3c girls grow out there hair do they get the pyramid effect? i mean when the hair is all one length all around and it has no volume or shape? my as my hair grows its becoming more noticable. do i cut layers or am i stuck with what it does?

Comments

• monipearlmonipearl Posts: 95Registered Users
    my hair started doing that when i stopped straightening and i was all "no ma'am!"

a good haircut works wonders. i had long layers put in and i have a more rounded shape now. had about 6-8 inches of damaged ends removed as well and still trying to get used to the shortness. hair grows...
    3c-4b. probably.
    medium/coarse texture.
    (extremely)high density.
    low porosity, normal elasticity.
    co-wash: suave naturals daily clarifying condish with drops of rosemary oil.
    detangling conditioner: tresemme naturals.
    deep conditioner: curly kinks curlycue renew, b.a.s.k. cacao bark, honey/evoo.
  • Auntie BubbsAuntie Bubbs Posts: 1,068Registered Users
    She's right. Basically, you need a good cut. Otherwise, you're going to have to find creative ways to put up your hair, or pull back sections of it, to undo the pyramid effect.
    That's me with FSG as my styler!!

3b. fine & thick, coarse, dry, medium porosity. Sucks up product and loves ACVs! FSG is my HG!

Currently using:
    Low Poo: TJ's Refresh No Poo: CoWash w/VO-5; Sonoma Soap Company sulfate-free poo
    RO: Yes to Cuc; SSC Lavender Condish; Sally GVP LI: Donna Marie Miracle D&C
    Style: FSG w/Aussie Instant Freeze & CIAB

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file