Looking for a stylist in Paris or Edinburgh

Colette27Colette27 Curl ConnoisseurPosts: 1Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
Hello everyone,

After lurking here for years, I am finally posting because I am in desperate need of help. I am two months into a seven month teaching assignment in Paris. While I might be having great fun here, my hair isn't. I have auburn 3A hair that's now about down to my shoulders (it was about 2 inches above last time I got it cut). I need to find someone to cut it here, but given how hard it is to find a good stylist in the US, I'm afraid to simply walk into a salon. Anyone know of any good, preferably inexpensive, salons in Paris? I speak French relatively well so I can visit a French-speaking stylist (although, is the French word for hair layers "niveaux"?). I will be visiting a friend in Edinburgh this Christmas and we'll be visiting Dublin, so I could visit a stylist in either of those cities.

Also, has anyone had any luck finding Paul Mitchell or Matrix products in Paris? I finally found my perfect combination: Paul Mitchell The Cream and Matrix Gelee but I ran out of The Cream. Even Phyto products leave my hair too frizzy, and the hard water isn't helping things. Does anyone know where I might find these products or have some alternate recommendations? I was eyeing the Kerastase Elasto-Curl Leave-In if I can't find my PM Cream.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Comments

• magillicuddymagillicuddy Posts: 13Registered Users
    I've lived in Paris for 17 years, and for the past 10, I have entrusted my hair (wavy curly auburn a bit past my shoulders, as Lorraine Massey would say a "Botticelli" curly girl) to one person, Laurent at Frank Avogadri Salon, 29, rue de Buci (metro Mabillon or Odéon). The number is 01 43 26 18 03. I don't know if he does it the way the curly hair pros say you should, but people always stop me and tell me how great my hair looks, etc. Someone might want you go to the shampoo right away (I know, a big no no) but tell him Jennifer sent you (he knows me, I'm the only American Jennifer he cuts). He sometimes uses a razor, and all, but my hair is a bit layered. He dries with a diffuser, and let's me "do my thing" when he's finished, which means, I bend over and separate my curls "my way" so that I'll know if I can do the same thing at home.
    Type 3A, longish, layered, reddish, wavy/curly
  • petitfoxpetitfox Posts: 128Registered Users
    I have never had my hair cut in Paris but I believe the french word for layers is "dégradé"
    Good luck!! :D
    2C-3A. PW: on request
    Love:Jessicurl WDT+Too Shea, Coconut Oil, Aveda Rosemary Mint shampoo, BRHG and Curls Rock Creme.
  • cjccjc Posts: 636Registered Users
    I've lived in Paris for 17 years, and for the past 10, I have entrusted my hair (wavy curly auburn a bit past my shoulders, as Lorraine Massey would say a "Botticelli" curly girl) to one person, Laurent at Frank Avogadri Salon, 29, rue de Buci (metro Mabillon or Odéon). The number is 01 43 26 18 03. I don't know if he does it the way the curly hair pros say you should, but people always stop me and tell me how great my hair looks, etc. Someone might want you go to the shampoo right away (I know, a big no no) but tell him Jennifer sent you (he knows me, I'm the only American Jennifer he cuts). He sometimes uses a razor, and all, but my hair is a bit layered. He dries with a diffuser, and let's me "do my thing" when he's finished, which means, I bend over and separate my curls "my way" so that I'll know if I can do the same thing at home.

Hi...its your sis :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ...good advice
    cjc
    3B very thick, curly hair and on the longer side
    Palm Beach County, Fl

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file