Howdy

CurlOnWheelsCurlOnWheels Posts: 170Registered Users
Hi. My name is Kristen. I've been reading and posting on this board for a few years now, but never formerly introduced myself. I am 29 years old. I was involved in a car accident when I was three and have been in a wheelchair every since. My husband, son, and I just moved to the Austin area from Columbus, Ohio. With the exception of my sister in Houston and some of my husband's colleagues, we know no one here yet. It's quite a crazy adventure. I currently do not work while we adjust to the move, but worked as a kitchen designer back in Ohio.

I have botticelli curls. When I was young, I had pretty straight hair that would only curl after I swam. However, when I was ten, I had three operations in one month and it totally changed the texture of my hair. At the time, we knew I was going to be in the hospital for over a month, unable to bathe/shower for a few weeks of it while I was in ICU, so my Mom thought it would best to French braid my hair. Well, she didn't count on my being high on morphine and nodding my head all of the time. By the time I could sit up and shower, I had a 3 inch knot of hair tangled in the back. It took her three hours and a crochet hook to get it untangled to 1/2 inch in diameter. Finally, she cut it off. Once out of the hospital, I had my hair layered and have since been a curly!
You are sunlight and I moon
Joined by the Gods of fortune
Midnight and high noon
Sharing the sky
We have been blessed
You and I
-- Miss Saigon

Check out my randomness...

Comments

• MichelleMichelle Administrator Posts: 741Administrators, Moderators Administrator
    I wanted to welcome you! You'll get a lot of great information.

Michelle
    NaturallyCurly.com
    Michelle
    co-founder
    NaturallyCurly.com

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file