HELP finding a GOOD non GUMMY co-wash

strawbegonestrawbegone Posts: 36Registered Users
Been trying the poo-less routine for a more than a month now, but I'm having some trouble sticking to it. Mainly cause my 2b - 3a fine/med yet thick locks and my sensitive scalp can't stand the coating after two or three co-wash/ finishing rinse cycles, I can't help but go for the poo. My hair doesn't looks good, the build-up makes it dull and heavy and my scalp can itch like the dickens.

So that being said, anyone out there know of a cheap co-wash that rinses out cleanly?? I have a bottle of VO5 Kiwi/Lime but I got discouraged with it early on because it left my hair frizzy even with a better finishing conditioner like Elucence. I've tried Suave Berry Smoothie and that made my scalp itch almost instantly after using it.

On the up side I have found some great finishing conditioners. I'm growing to love EMBC. Have used the Elucence poo to cleanse that heavy coating of conditoners and love that product too, but if I poo too often I notice my hair turning dry and strawlike again. Also, thank those who posted and turned me on to Activate. I just used their poo since it was sulfate free and found my hair soft, full and supple after using it with the EMBC. Based on everything I read, I'm likely to return to ULTA for the conditioner real soon! Thanks for the heads-up! Now if I can just find that light CO-WASH!! :x
2a/2b canopy 3a/3b underneath
Modified CG, co wash diluted VO5, LOVE Elucence MBC & MBS! Activate's nice too.
Still looking for a styling product...suggestions welcome!

Comments

• teela1978teela1978 Posts: 278Registered Users
    There's a recent thread on the going shampooless thread about everyone's favorite conditioners for CO washing. That might be a good place to start.
    Fine Wavy (2a)
    Weeklyish shampoo with CO's inbetween to keep down the grease.
  • strawbegonestrawbegone Posts: 36Registered Users
    I 've been to that thread teela1978...it was a great thread until some creepy spammers seemed to screw it up. That's why I tried to keep it rolling with a new post. Wish there was something nc.com could do to toss these creeps from out great website! :evil:
    2a/2b canopy 3a/3b underneath
    Modified CG, co wash diluted VO5, LOVE Elucence MBC & MBS! Activate's nice too.
    Still looking for a styling product...suggestions welcome!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file