We’d like your help getting CurlTalk back on its feet!

By participating on CurlTalk — posting, commenting, liking — in the next few weeks, you will automatically be entered to win amazing prizes.

Our latest winner is Savagegirl!

CurlyCanadian, Bomega and EllaJ have also won wonderful prizes! Will you be next? Post, like, comment, GET ACTIVE and help us get CurlTalk ENERGIZED again!

Learn more!

I have no real routine and could really use some help

coconillacoconilla Posts: 46Registered Users
Newish to hair care, and I was wondering if anybody could help me.
I have never had a proper routine, just moisturize when my hair is dry and wash once or twice a week.
I would like to find a routine to help me manage my hair.
Im posting this in 2 categories incase.

My hair is 3c I think. I'm not sure about this whole porousity thing, but from what I've read and from replies I got on here- I think my hair is very porous.

My hair is REALLY frizzy and gets dry so fast. When it gets way too frizzy, i wash it or cover it up lol. I use olive oil to seal in moisture, but it doesn't seem to do much for me. I really don't want to go back to straightning my hair... help!!

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using CurlTalk App

Comments

• ladybug8412ladybug8412 Posts: 40Registered Users
    I'm hoping to get some advice as well. I've just started the CG method, so I CO wash with Tresemme Naturals Nourishing Conditioner. Then I rake my KCKT LI through my hair followed by some L.A. Hair Sports Gel. Then I scrunch my hair with a t-shirt and immediately diffuse with warm heat until my hair's completely dry because my fine hair doesn't do well air drying. I'm still trying to figure out about deep treatments and protein treatments.
    Fine 2b hair, medium density, high porosity, normal elasticity
    High dew points every season except winter, but high humidity year-round
    Modified CG since 5/26/12
    Low 'poo: Nature's Gates Herbal Shampoo
    CO wash: V05 Kiwi Squeeze Clarifying Conditioner
    RO: GVP CB
    DT: GVP CB
    PT: ION EC twice a week; IA Girl's Gelatin PT once a week
    Styler: Just 4 Us Naturals Spring Back Curling Custard, HETT gel, and Ecostyler Krystal
    Methods: diffusing for volume, SOTC
    HG Products: Just 4 Us CC, GVP CB
  • GreatcurlsGreatcurls Posts: 1,782Registered Users
    Have you tried pre-treatment with a DC? Sometimes when my hair wants to "frizz out", I'll do a pre-treatment first. Then that's followed by a DC or PT, depending how the hair feels after the low-poo or shampoo. Before the styling product is put on, I'll use a leave-in.

Also, after the shampoo or when you rinse out the DC/PT, try using a ACV rinse to close the cuticles.

You could also try the Rum and Egg Treatment.

HTH
    Mod CG-Naturally Highly Porous and Dry
    This list is not exhaustive...:happy3:
    CoWash: various
    DT: various

Leave-in
    : CR L/I Collection, various
    Stylers:MC Leave-in, Gorilla Snot
    Spritz/Sealant:Nu-Gro spray w/moisturizer
    *experimenting and loving it!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list