CurlTalk

Just come in for a sec and check this woman out....

fraufrau Posts: 6,130Registered Users
i love what she is wearing. those shoes! and on a bike!
3231210thSt0082Web.jpg
that is all.

Comments

• RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Posts: 31,258Registered Users
    Footwear on a motorized vehicle should be about safety. Those don't look very safe. The clothing is OK...will probably protect her a bit if she falls.
  • midgimidgi Posts: 2,409Registered Users
    Aren't Vespas technically motor scooters...not really a "bike."

Sent from The Brick
    I just want to do what I want to do when I want to do it.
  • theliothelio Posts: 5,374Registered Users
    Those shoes look scary!
  • SariaSaria Posts: 15,963Registered Users
    Pants should fit better. And yeah, completely impractical shoes for riding a bike. Maybe in a movie. ;)
    por-que-no-te-callas.jpg
  • scrillsscrills Posts: 6,700Registered Users
    It's probably just a fashion shoot. Form over function. Look at the Gaussian blur. Definitely photoshopped

I want a Vespa
  • SariaSaria Posts: 15,963Registered Users
    scrills wrote: »
    It's probably just a fashion shoot. Form over function. Look at the Gaussian blur. Definitely photoshopped

I want a Vespa

Definitely is. I think the Vespa looks best, so hopefully that's what they're advertising. :p
    por-que-no-te-callas.jpg
  • fraufrau Posts: 6,130Registered Users

I want a Vespa

BLASPHEMER!! that is a candid street shot from the sartorialist!!! how dare you!!!! :angryfire:
    Saria wrote: »
    Definitely is. I think the Vespa looks best, so hopefully that's what they're advertising. :p

Well.....I can see that glamour and beauty are not appreciated here!

maggie-smith-gif.gif
  • wild~hairwild~hair Posts: 9,890Registered Users
    frau wrote: »

I want a Vespa

BLASPHEMER!! that is a candid street shot from the sartorialist!!! how dare you!!!! :angryfire:

frau, you said it much better than I ever could have. As usual.
  • SilverCurlsSilverCurls Posts: 294Registered Users
    I saw that shot on The Sartorialist the other day and thought it was cool!

All I know is if I were 30 years younger, 30 pounds lighter, and 8 inches taller, I would be rocking that look. :laughing6:
    Formerly misspam.

Reminds me of my safari in Africa. Somebody forgot the corkscrew and for several days we had to live on nothing but food and water. - W. C. Fields
  • medussamedussa Posts: 12,993Registered Users

I want a Vespa

Naturallycurly.com...keeping it real since 1998. :lol:

Scrills, how can you tell it's photoshopped? I just assumed a shallow DoF was used. You have a very good eye if Guassian Blur was indeed used on that image.

Frau, I agree. That's a really cool shot. I like it. icon14.gif

I want a Vespa

Ha!

FRAU!!!!!! I was defending you since everyone said the outfit was impractical. ha!
    medussa wrote: »

I want a Vespa

Naturallycurly.com...keeping it real since 1998. :lol:

Scrills, how can you tell it's photoshopped? I just assumed a shallow DoF was used. You have a very good eye if Guassian Blur was indeed used on that image.

Frau, I agree. That's a really cool shot. I like it. icon14.gif

Well, I'm a PS newbie and Gaussian bur is one of the few tools I can use (I learned that one on my own). The background is a little too blurred for that to be a natural shot. Look at how she (and every single hair on her head) pops out from the background. it's almost 3D.

I could be wrong, but it looks a little edited to me. Shrug
  • wanderlustwanderlust Posts: 650Registered Users
    Those shoes look like they could hurt somebody!!

OT but related, I once saw a woman get off of a Hayabusa (one of the world's fastest motorcycles) in some stiletto boots. Definitely not safe, but I was like "dammm, she's bad!"
    Formerly ladyjag123
  • CGNYCCGNYC Posts: 4,937Registered Users
    She looks cool. Just cool. And I've been trying to think of an excuse to get a Vespa for like...a really long time.
  • claudine19claudine19 Posts: 4,486Registered Users
    Scrills, believe it or not, I have a cheap Vespa knock-off (in pink); if you can make it work, you can have it. Almost being hit a few times and a friend being killed on his motorcycle turned me off to riding it.

I have seen a woman in very high heels riding a motorcycle. No helmet, in traffic, rush hour on a busy road. She did look cool, but her vulnerability was terrifying.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dogs and nature abhor a vacuum.
    http://geaugadoggy.wordpress.com
  • spring1onuspring1onu Posts: 16,528Registered Users
    I'd like to be that cool. How can some people look so effortless?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

spring-smiley.gif?1292867680

Byron,GA> Charleston, SC> Jacksonville, FL> Guilford, CT> Rohnert Park, CA! A southern drawl in sunny Cali! . :D
    The amount of time from slipping on the peel and landing on the pavement is exactly one bananosecond.
    I do have a secret yen for pink in unexpected places. ~ninja dog
    I've decided that I'll never get down to my original weight, and I'm OK with that--After all, 8 pounds 2 oz. is just not realistic.
  • nes223nes223 Posts: 347Registered Users
    Am I the only one who can't see the pic?! :(

All I see is a gray box...
    -nes
    3a/3b
  • xcptnlxcptnl Posts: 15,678Registered Users
    I want a Vespa.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2
    Central Massachusetts

One good reason to only maintain a small circle of friends is that three out of four murders are committed by people who know the victim. ~George Carlin~

In regards to Vagazzling: They just want to get into the goods without worrying about getting scratched up by fake crystals. ~spring1onu~
  • sleepymekosleepymeko Posts: 1,002Registered Users
    That is not a photoshoot, it's street style candids.

I don't really like her look TBH. It's not my style.

This is more of my style -Kanye shrug-

shareen12.jpg

gradi8.jpg

coll7-1.jpg
    Check out my personal blog :afro:

s-event.png
  • xcptnlxcptnl Posts: 15,678Registered Users
    spring1onu wrote: »
    I'd like to be that cool. How can some people look so effortless?

I know huh?

Sent from my iPhone using CurlTalk. Siri may be typing for me.
    Central Massachusetts

One good reason to only maintain a small circle of friends is that three out of four murders are committed by people who know the victim. ~George Carlin~

In regards to Vagazzling: They just want to get into the goods without worrying about getting scratched up by fake crystals. ~spring1onu~
  • DedachanDedachan Posts: 1,644Registered Users
    Anyone can look "cool" in black leather and heels. I want to look this good in comfy dorky clothes:

8218SmileWeb.jpg
    Is that a Fair Isle cardigan? I love Fair Isle sweaters.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • curlylauracurlylaura Posts: 8,352Registered Users
    From what I've seen on travel programmer the French and Italians are always dressed like that* on scooters.

*little to no safety gear.
    Fat does not make you fat. It's actually pretty important.
  • Fifi.GFifi.G Posts: 15,490Registered Users
    That pic makes me want to say, "Chow".

I do like the look (love the shoes) but if I was cruising around on a vespa I would have to wear my painted leather jacket.

aefcb4a8-2332-0472.jpg

aefcb4a8-240c-f5bb.jpg
    When I hear terms like "hipster" I think, who told cliques they could leave high school??

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • irociroc Posts: 7,890Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    My dark hair and dark eyes, I look like I'm trying to pledge a motorcycle gang in black leather.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using CurlTalk App
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ninja, are you serious?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

If anyone needs me, I'm on my way to Ninja's to get the vespa. (my brother and cousin work at NTB. I think they can help me get it working). What kind of vehicle would I need to come get it?
    A medium sized pickup, and stuff to secure it.

I am completely serious. I always had trouble with the transmission or something, so if you've got mechanical support, you'll be fine (I hope).

Tell me when you'll be here and I'll drag it out of the garage. I'll even give you the pink helmet (though I'd strongly prefer you wear something safety-rated rather than just cute.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    this was a fun thread!
    Your threads are always fun, frau. :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]