CurlTalk

SMILE1234567SMILE1234567 BannedPosts: 70Banned Users

Comments

• RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Posts: 31,258Registered Users
    Do I have a big nose? Is it out of proportion? Please take your time to tell me and I don't mind negative comments ^_^ So... Theres a photo below. Please tell me.

Your nose looks perfectly normal and fine to me. Really!
  • diasporadiaspora Posts: 596Registered Users
    Your nose looks perfectly fine to me too. It has a slight bump it looks like, but does not look big or misshapen in any way.
    Formerly Urbancurl.
    Medium-high density, fine-medium, low-normal porosity, 3b/c, permanent color.
    CG, no heat, combs, brushes, parabens.
    Fall/Winter HG=Alba Botanica Soft Hold Style Cream.
    Spring/Summer HG=MGA Sculpting Gel
    Current fave LI=Madre Labs Made by Nature for Baby Conditioner.
    Limit oils, butters, glycerin.
  • midgimidgi Posts: 2,409Registered Users
    There is absolutely nothing wrong with your nose.
    I just want to do what I want to do when I want to do it.
  • SMILE1234567SMILE1234567 Banned Posts: 70Banned Users
  • kimmidawnkimmidawn Posts: 900Registered Users
    I agree, I think your nose suits your face very well, the only thing I noticed "wrong" (I don't mean incorrect, I mean something that might bother you, but that I think makes you unique and cute) is that small bump.
    2b, fine texture, normal porosity & elasticity (CG as of 12/2011)

Low-poo: UFD Rich & Funky
    Cowash: VO5 Kiwi Lime
    RO: Tresemme Naturals, Aubrey Organics GPB, Ion Effective Care, MillCreek Keratin
    PT/DT: IAgirl's PT, GVP CB
    LI: KCKT, Cure Care, CJ CCCC Lite
    Styling: Curl Keeper, As I Am Jelly, UFD Curly Magic, CJ Curl Queen, TIGI Strong Hold Mousse

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2Fkdawn12%2F" class="Popup

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ^^ day 1 of going CG; avatar = 6 months later
  • jeepcurlygurljeepcurlygurl Posts: 19,241Registered Users Curl Dabbler
    I think your nose looks fine and you have a nice profile!

I have my dad's biggish nose plus a bump in the middle from when my sister pushed me down the stairs as a kid. I would never think of changing it. It's me.
    --I'm located in Western PA.
    --I found NC in late 2004, CG since February 2005, started going grey in late 2005.
    --My hair is 3B with some 3A, texture-medium/fine, porosity-normal except for the ends which are porous, elasticity-normal.
    --My long time favorite products are Suave & VO5 conditioners, LA Looks Sport Gel, oils, honey, vinegar.
    --My CG and grey hair progress -- http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/going-gray/179328-jeepys-grey-hair-progress.html
  • *Marah**Marah* Posts: 8,032Registered Users
    I was expecting to see something abnormal. Your nose looks normal to me.. doesn't look super small, doesn't look overly large either. I do see a slight bump on it but a lot of people have that... looks fine to me.
    tumblr_m9jonzYZmu1re7hjjo1_250.jpg
  • The New BlackThe New Black Posts: 16,738Registered Users
    It looks small to me.
    montage-3.gif No MAS.

I am the new Black.

"Hope the Mail are saving space tomorrow for Samantha Brick's reaction piece on the reactions to her piece about the reactions to her piece." ~ Tweet reposted by Rou.
  • sarah42sarah42 Posts: 4,034Registered Users
    I used to be super self-conscious about my nose. I felt it was too big and I didn't like the bump on it. As I've gotten older, it doesn't really bother me anymore. I've grown into it as I've become an adult, and I realize that my nose makes me look like "me." I also know how to pose in the most flattering ways for photos.

ETA: Your nose looks perfectly fine, and I bet you're the only one who would find it noticeable. It's very similar to mine. :)
    ehLB.jpg
  • diasporadiaspora Posts: 596Registered Users
    You and your nose look absolutely fine in each picture. I'm guessing from your posts and your pictures that you are a teenager. That can be a difficult time as far as accepting and loving your looks goes (and as far as many things go!), but it will keep getting better.
    Formerly Urbancurl.
    Medium-high density, fine-medium, low-normal porosity, 3b/c, permanent color.
    CG, no heat, combs, brushes, parabens.
    Fall/Winter HG=Alba Botanica Soft Hold Style Cream.
    Spring/Summer HG=MGA Sculpting Gel
    Current fave LI=Madre Labs Made by Nature for Baby Conditioner.
    Limit oils, butters, glycerin.
  • SpiderSpider Posts: 3,380Registered Users
    I've got a bumpy nose. When I was younger it bothered me more but as I've matured I've come to appreciate it more. It's never stopped me from having a great family, wonderful friends, rewarding jobs, marrying the man of my dreams or having 3 beautiful children . That's all on me ;)
    Don't let your heart be broken. Let it love.
  • MojoDojoMojoDojo Posts: 702Registered Users
    diaspora wrote: »
    You and your nose look absolutely fine in each picture. I'm guessing from your posts and your pictures that you are a teenager. That can be a difficult time as far as accepting and loving your looks goes (and as far as many things go!), but it will keep getting better.

This. Exactly. I had many issues with my nose, and my lips as a teenager. But as I've aged a bit (24 now) I've started to love them because they make me unique.

And your nose is cute. I like it and there's nothing wrong with it. Suits your face well and gives you a very nice profile.
    I AM THE NEANDERTHAL SLAYER!!!
  • RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Posts: 31,258Registered Users
    Look at this picture...gorgeous hair, beautiful skin, nice smile, good bone structure. You're cute as a button. Stop obsessing.
  • riotkittyriotkitty Posts: 1,307Registered Users
    When I was probably about your age I was self-conscious about my nose. I have a large, bumpy, roman nose. My family is very appearance driven and I was given the choice of either a car or or nose job. I'm so glad I chose the car. As I got older and more sure of myself, I started to care less and less about it. People found me plenty attractive.

Recently, I had to have a septoplasty for medical reasons and had the option to do a full rhinoplasty at the same time. I opted to just do the septoplasty because I've had this nose for 32 years now and its a part of who I am.
    Have several allergies and sensitivities.
    Current products
    Low Poo/Cowash: Rio Grande Herb Co Negrita and Amole Deep Treatment Concentrate, Magick Botanicals (MB) Shampoo (diluted)
    Rinse out/Leave in: MB with apricot kernel and jojoba oils added
    Protein Treatment: MB Conditioner for Thinning Hair, IAgirl's protien treatment
    Style: MB Gel mixed with LOTD Aloe Vera Gelly

2b-c, need lots of moisture, likes protein in moderation.
  • NorahBuggNorahBugg Posts: 134Registered Users
    I had a similar nose. I got it "fixed" in college. I had been so self-conscious of it in high school that my parents paid for me to have it done as a graduation present. I didn't end up doing it until mid-way through college, though. I don't regret doing it because the surgeon kept the "character" of my nose. I had fears of coming out looking like a totally different person. My grandpa is the only one in my family with that nose and it still looks like his nose. Only the bump was removed with some tissue at the tip to balance it out.

Looking back, my nose never really looked "bad." I got teased about it though which hurt because I've always been a sensitive and shy person.
  • damsel_flydamsel_fly Posts: 457Registered Users

Look at this picture...gorgeous hair, beautiful skin, nice smile, good bone structure. You're cute as a button. Stop obsessing.

My first thought seeing this picture was "cute as a button!"
  • riotkittyriotkitty Posts: 1,307Registered Users
    I also wanted to add that my nose looked lot more awkward when I was a kid and a teen because my face wasn't finished growing yet. That's a big reason why (ethical) plastic surgeons won't fix the nose of a teenager. I was a lot more attractive at 25 than at 15 because the rest of my features became more structured.
    Have several allergies and sensitivities.
    Current products
    Low Poo/Cowash: Rio Grande Herb Co Negrita and Amole Deep Treatment Concentrate, Magick Botanicals (MB) Shampoo (diluted)
    Rinse out/Leave in: MB with apricot kernel and jojoba oils added
    Protein Treatment: MB Conditioner for Thinning Hair, IAgirl's protien treatment
    Style: MB Gel mixed with LOTD Aloe Vera Gelly

2b-c, need lots of moisture, likes protein in moderation.