Are there any sites for cheap airfare I don't know about?

ursulaursula Posts: 1,461Registered Users Curl Neophyte
I usually check:

Kayak
Bing
Orbitz
Expedia
Travelocity

Any other recommendations? Especially for last-minute flights?
In search of a lost signature...

Comments

• theliothelio Posts: 5,374Registered Users
    have you tried bookit.com?
  • ursulaursula Posts: 1,461Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Thanks, thelio! I don't think I've ever heard of bookit. Unfortunately, couldn't find a better deal there. :angry3: Oh, well! I guess I'll keep looking...
    In search of a lost signature...
  • NetGNetG Posts: 8,116Registered Users
    Actual airline sites, especially if they have agreements with other airlines. I believe I booked my last trip on aa.com (I don't remember which airlines I flew) but I flew multiple airlines from an airline site, for less than the discount sites offered.
    The pews never miss a sermon but that doesn't get them one step closer to Heaven.
    -Speckla

But at least the pews never attend yoga!
  • thosecurlsthosecurls Posts: 27Registered Users
    The deal with searching for the best price is to ALWAYS have your credit card ready to buy as some websites announce the lower prices only for a short while - sometimes randomly and for an hour at a time.
    Clarification Suave Daily Clarifying Shampoo, VO5 Vanilla Mint Shampoo, BS/ACV Rinse
    DT Pure Coconut Oil

*MAY is Celiac Awareness Month*
    Get into the action and educate yourself
    to help support those with
    Celiac Disease or gluten sensitivities
    as it's sadly
    a modern day aliment for some many

• missbanjomissbanjo Posts: 3,088Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Check Southwest's site too. They don't play the travel site game.
    I guess they decided to take a stand.

Sent from my HTC Inspire using the CurlTalk app
    Southern Colorado Curly
    Mix of 2s med-low porosity, med-fine texture, lots of hair
  • SCGSCG Posts: 5,416Registered Users
    NetG wrote: »
    Actual airline sites, especially if they have agreements with other airlines. I believe I booked my last trip on aa.com (I don't remember which airlines I flew) but I flew multiple airlines from an airline site, for less than the discount sites offered.

Yeah, same here. After scouring discount website for weeks and weeks, I finally ended up finding a ticket for a few hundred dollars cheaper than anything that the discount sites were offering! And it was a direct flight, while the others included at least 2 stops!

"And death is at your doorstep
    And it will steal your innocence
    But it will not steal your substance
    But you are not alone in this"

“My ability to turn good news into anxiety is rivaled only by my ability to turn anxiety into chin acne.” - Tina Fey
  • lcl0706lcl0706 Posts: 959Registered Users
    missbanjo wrote: »
    Check Southwest's site too. They don't play the travel site game.
    I guess they decided to take a stand.

Sent from my HTC Inspire using the CurlTalk app

I booked our summer vacation on southwest.com. I like that they dont play the travel site game. Their flight prices at first glance seemed more expensive, but when I compared their flight + hotel vacation prices to the other sites, they werent any worse for the deal together.

Plus we're flying nonstop both ways. And i prefer SW over other airlines. I found travelocity to be the most expensive hands down. And i dont like the hotwire way of thinking - I wanna know what hotel I'm staying in & where its located in relation to everything else I do before I commit to staying in it :)

I guess if that cost me a bit more in the end, it did. No other airline offered nonstop flights to Tampa from where we are, & not spending half the day flying.... that in itself is worth it to me.

Sent from my PG06100 using CurlTalk App
    :wave: fine, thin, normal/(low?) porosity. Mod-CG. Usually I can't co-wash more than 1x a week, & sometimes I have to use T-Gel in rotation due to scalp issues.

Co-wash: VO5 Volumizing
    Poo: Giovanni 50:50
    RO:TN, Nexxus Youth Renewal, Alba Coconut
    LI: KCKT
    PT: gelatin PT, ION EC
    Stylers: Giovanni mousse, TIGI Curls Rock amplifier (a-cone), Curls Rock Strong Hold Mousse
    Gels: SCC spray gel

hairsiggy-4-1.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file