We’d like your help getting CurlTalk back on its feet!

By participating on CurlTalk — posting, commenting, liking — in the next few weeks, you will automatically be entered to win amazing prizes.

Our latest winner is Savagegirl!

CurlyCanadian, Bomega and EllaJ have also won wonderful prizes! Will you be next? Post, like, comment, GET ACTIVE and help us get CurlTalk ENERGIZED again!

Learn more!

dimethicone and kids

noooodle!noooodle! Posts: 18Registered Users
im a curly gone CG and id like to start my 3 year old curly on the right path by not frying his hair while young, and on a budget. i use a cheaper no sls,als, paraben or petrochemical cleanser conditioning shampoo and body wash combo. 3 birds, one stone. sounds great, but it conditions by adding the cone, i only actually use this on his head once a week, his hair is beautiful, so i should be fine right? no build up as we dont wash his locks often.. but eventually would i see his hair become grimy-er? there are others i could switch two for double the price. Im into natural for health reasons but also for saving money. i dont boil flax seed every week because its fun, i do it because the flax is way cheaper then the expensive natural gels. get it?

what do we think ladys when it comes to our curly young and "cones"
:tongue1:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

American Kiwi

:chef: “We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.” ~Albert Einstein

Comments

• Goin'GreyGoin'Grey Posts: 301Registered Users
    As a rule of thumb, I do what works. When I went CG I realized I had to give up the cones because only harsh sulfates remove cones. Since I only co-wash and once in a while natural soap wash, I had to give up cones because they would not come out. So I'm off cones and so is my daughter.
    3A, Protein Senitive, Low Porosity,
    Med-Course
    Wash: Suave Naturals Conds (excluding Coconut), CVSB
    Rinse out/Leave In: GVP Cond. Balm, KCKT,
    Style: Naturelle Gel(winter HG), KCCC (summer HG), Flaxseed gel
    SOTC: JCNS
    Love your hair: Love yourself!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file