CurlTalk

I know we've discusssed this ad naseum here but...

FreeCurlsFreeCurls Posts: 4,408Registered Users
why are women so nasty in the work bathroom? I go into a stall and there's a streak of red the length of the seat. ugh. next stall a mess. next stall open and used tampons hanging out of the receptable. ugh. It's just nasty.
[FONT=&quot]Sterling Cooper Draper Pryce & FreeCurls[/FONT]

Comments

• iris427iris427 Posts: 6,002Registered Users
    the tragedy of the commons
    3027585431_55b6195e50_s.jpg3028374752_0df4d81a1b_s.jpg3028422696_8dcef38baa_s.jpg
    TickerTicker.aspx?&TT=bdy&TT1=bdy&CL=29&CT=&CG=F&O=m_nestbirds&T=t_b14&D=20080913&M1=&D1=2009&T2=&T1=Baby+Iris&CC=0&CO=&step=5&radio=A
  • katethegreatkatethegreat Posts: 801Registered Users
    ick
    "Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that frightens us."
    -Marianne Williamson
  • internetchickinternetchick Posts: 6,191Registered Users
    Oh ick. I went into the public bathroom and someone had done a yooge #2 and didn't flush. Eeewww.
  • CocoaCoilyCocoaCoily Posts: 2,648Registered Users
    OMG! It's the same way here! I am constantly amazed. And I'm constantly disgusted by the woman funk odor. What's worse is that there are signs in each stall to remind women to flush poperly.

It got so bad that I wrote an open letter from the anonymous "Women For a Remnant Free Toilets". Whatever, that didn't work either.
  • rainshowerrainshower Posts: 4,420Registered Users
    when women do stuff like that, i think it's deliberate.

i can't imagine how a woman's wiping routine could go so awry that she'd end up leaving a streak of "red" or any other color on the toilet seat or in the toilet. :? she did flush right? and assuming that she faced the toilet to flush with her foot, how could the red not catch her eye?

and as long as there is tissue on the roll, your tampons/pads should be wrapped first before disposing of them in the stall bins or trashcans.
    "Dogs stink too, but I like dog stink." ~ rileyb
    i don't go as far as complaining about odor, after all, when you have to make a bowel movement at work, where else should you go? i just quietly turn around and find another restroom when i walk into a stinky bathroom.

but leaving skid marks. :shock: come on now. flush 2 or 3 times until all traces have disappeared. it's one thing to have to smell lingering odor. it's another to have to see the residue that someone else left behind.
  • KateRobertsKateRoberts Posts: 286Registered Users
    I feel sorry for the poor janitors :(
  • FreeCurlsFreeCurls Posts: 4,408Registered Users
    she did flush right?
    our toilets are automatic flushers thank goodness but still there are times when things don't work right and there are remnants.

yesterday there were skidmarks.

• ScarletScarlet Posts: 3,125Registered Users
    FreeCurls wrote:
    why are women so nasty in the work bathroom? I go into a stall and there's a streak of red the length of the seat. ugh. next stall a mess. next stall open and used tampons hanging out of the receptable. ugh. It's just nasty.

Because some women are pigs.
    The first lesson of economics is scarcity: There is never enough of anything to satisfy all those who want it. The first lesson of politics is to disregard the first lesson of economics - Thomas Sowell
  • gekko422gekko422 Posts: 4,869Registered Users
    The guys used to tell me horror stories of the men's bathroom in our office in NY, apparently someone would throw up in the sink at least once a week.

Our bathroom is a public bathroom, but it is always clean and tidy. I can't imagine the bathrooms y'all are talking about.
    Democracy is not a spectator sport.

You know why pandas are endangered? Cause pandas ain't got no game.

Jesus loves you, but I'm his favorite.
  • PeppyPeppy Posts: 3,290Registered Users
    I feel sorry for the poor janitors :(

I do too. But I don't trust that the janitors disinfect properly. Do they just wipe it so it LOOKS clean?
    Peppy wrote:
    But I don't trust that the janitors disinfect properly. Do they just wipe it so it LOOKS clean?

probably. and if i were a janitor and encountered a nasty-a$$ restroom, out of sheer frustration and hatred for the employees and my job, i'd probably do a quick spray and wipe too just to get out of there.

but if you are donned in your lavatory intergalactic hazmat suit like me, you won't have to worry about unsanitary conditions. :lol:
  • afrosheenqueenafrosheenqueen Posts: 5,400Registered Users
    rainshower wrote:
    Peppy wrote:
    But I don't trust that the janitors disinfect properly. Do they just wipe it so it LOOKS clean?

probably. and if i were a janitor and encountered a nasty-a$$ restroom, out of sheer frustration and hatred for the employees and my job, i'd probably do a quick spray and wipe too just to get out of there.

but if you are donned in your lavatory intergalactic hazmat suit like me, you won't have to worry about unsanitary conditions. :lol:

:lol:
    4a/b Texlaxed hair w/ highlights. Medium texture & high porosity.

HG's: CJ Daily Fix, Bobeam Cheris Hibiscus shampoo bar, KC Spiral Spritz, Knot Today, CJ Rehab, KBB LL Hair Mask, Cassia, KCCC, oil blend of Avocado, Camellia, Jojoba, & Meadowfoam oils

SL APL BSL MBL
  • medussamedussa Posts: 12,993Registered Users
    rainshower wrote:
    when women do stuff like that, i think it's deliberate.

i can't imagine how a woman's wiping routine could go so awry that she'd end up leaving a streak of "red" or any other color on the toilet seat or in the toilet. :? she did flush right? and assuming that she faced the toilet to flush with her foot, how could the red not catch her eye?

and as long as there is tissue on the roll, your tampons/pads should be wrapped first before disposing of them in the stall bins or trashcans.

Aaaaah, but you're assuming she was using a tampon. Streaks can happen when a soiled pad accidentally touches the rim of the bowl, while you're sitting. If it's on the seat, up near the top, you can assume there was some blood that traveled toward buttocks.

But I totally agree with you that, if you turn around to flush, you can see the mess and wipe it.
  • SnarlsSnarls Posts: 2,537Registered Users
    Ha!

When I saw the title of this thread, I thought "oo, hope it's about poop!" :lol:

My boss (male) calls skid marks "scarring the bowl."

What always cracks me up is how men often have this notion that the lady's room is all dainty and delicate, with chaise lounges and little pillows scattered about, and perfume mists falling from the ceiling. If only!

The worst is when the stink escapes the room.
    formerly Castella
    (my dogs aren't snarly, my hair is)
    thanks for that very vivid description Medussa! :)

FreeCurls wrote:
    thanks for that very vivid description Medussa! :)

I'm sorry. But I thought we already went there with talks of tracks and women funk odor.

Sorry. :oops:
    just messing with you but your description really took me there! :)

• LAwomanLAwoman Posts: 2,949Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I don't know but it continues to perplex me as well!!

I cannot even describe the nastiness that I see on our floor's bathroom....it's just horrific.
    medussa wrote:
    Aaaaah, but you're assuming she was using a tampon. Streaks can happen when a soiled pad accidentally touches the rim of the bowl, while you're sitting. If it's on the seat, up near the top, you can assume there was some blood that traveled toward buttocks.

actually, i wasn't envisioning tampon or pad. i was thinking that she was wiping herself while squatting over the toilet and when she tossed her tissue behind her, some blood dripped from her body to the tissue to the seat before it landed in the toilet. but still, if she turned to face the toilet before flushing, how could she not see the accident she made?
    rainshower wrote:
    actually, i wasn't envisioning tampon or pad. i was thinking that she was wiping herself while squatting over the toilet and when she tossed her tissue behind her, some blood dripped from her body to the tissue to the seat before it landed in the toilet. but still, if she turned to face the toilet before flushing, how could she not see the accident she made?

Okay. I get you now.
    the streak looked to me like it had been smeared across the seat as if she had tried to clean it up but didn't finish the job. It was broad not stringy if you knwo what I mean. ugh.

• g-stringrannyg-stringranny Posts: 2,701Registered Users
    Some woman actually pooped on the floor in the bathroom at my last job. Another woman stepped in it by mistake. :lol: I have seen blood on the wall and on the floor. Do these women leave this stuff in their bathrooms at their homes? :?:
    AKA lotsawaves
    AKA new2curls
  • CurlyCanadianCurlyCanadian Posts: 10,780Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Some woman actually pooped on the floor in the bathroom at my last job. Another woman stepped in it by mistake. :lol: I have seen blood on the wall and on the floor.

:shock: :shock: :shock:
    I believe in manicures. I believe in overdressing. I believe in primping at leisure and wearing lipstick. I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles.
    Audrey Hepburn
    Women are also nasty in the kitchen/breakroom at my work. I advised everyone at work yesterday that I didn't care how they kept their kitchens in their homes, but I refused to be subjected to that filth at work. I cleaned the microwave and I told them that if I found a spill or explosion of food left in it I would hunt the person down. If no one confessed to it I would have the contents of their stomach examined. They all laughed but knew I meant business. I am such an evil ****! :twisted:
    AKA lotsawaves
    AKA new2curls
  • CanItBeChristineCanItBeChristine Posts: 6,343Registered Users
    The bathrooms in my office building are DISGUSTING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(So I use the one in the swanky hotel a few blocks away on my lunchbreak :oops: )
  • jennyfurrensjennyfurrens Posts: 708Registered Users
    I notice it in the University library. I think it's almost psychological. If you're in a place that isn't 'swanky' as CIBChristine said, then maybe people kinda 'let go' and make a mess cos they know it doesn't matter. I've yet to find a dirty toilet cubicle in a hotel or nice restaurant, because people there would feel embarrased doing it?

Ok now I look like I'm trying to explain myself :lol: I am equally disgusted as you all at that sort of thing. My friend, in her anthropology course, said one of their assignments was to write a report on 'an enclosed public space'. Her friend did elevators and she did toilets. She said it was fascinating. In our library there is a trend of writing on the wall - but not just random stuff. Like a problem page where people come back and answer then say how things have gone 3 months down the line.

Anyway I digress - I won't use an entire bathroom with many cubicles if someone's made a mess of one. It's just nasty. Oh how I long for perfumed ceilings and reclining sofas!

cleanse: OS shampoo. PureNuffStuff cleanser.
    condition: Aussie 3MM. Jessicurl Aloeba.
    style: B2Basics GreenTeaGel. T&G Curl Balm. JCarter Nourish&Shine.

pw: curlywurly
    Jenny, I love your avatar. I am into fairies. I have one at my front door and a large picture in my bedroom.
    AKA lotsawaves
    AKA new2curls
  • Way WavyWay Wavy Posts: 117Registered Users
    YIKES! Unsanitary restrooms are one of my biggest phobias! I have nightmares about having to go and not finding an acceptable place. :shock: :cry:

The public restrooms in my nightmares have every manner of disgustingness described here, as well as doorless stalls and water on the floor. AND they're often unisex (esp. with the doorless stalls). It's just too horrible...
  • jennyfurrensjennyfurrens Posts: 708Registered Users
    Speaking of water on the floor.... one of THEE worst public restrooms has to be the University Union on a friday night. One night they flooded so there was water 2 inches deep from one of the toilets but there was no where else to go and after a few drinks you NEED to go. my jeans were soaked up to my shins :? nasty.

cleanse: OS shampoo. PureNuffStuff cleanser.
    condition: Aussie 3MM. Jessicurl Aloeba.
    style: B2Basics GreenTeaGel. T&G Curl Balm. JCarter Nourish&Shine.

pw: curlywurly