Front plops better then back.....tips?

cultoftaupecultoftaupe Registered Users Posts: 2
This is always my problem with my curls. I tried plopping lastnight..overnight plop. My front and sides are to die for...the back is kinda meh. I diffused after I unplopped but still the back is wavy and the front is amazing curl city. Any tips?

I used a Garnier Fructis leave in conditioner, Garnier Fructis Sleek and Shine Serum and TIGI Cat Walk Curlesque Mousse

Comments

• Touch.of.inkTouch.of.ink Registered Users Posts: 297
    Do you sleep on your back?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Hair: Very fine, normal porous (Finally! Yay!), normal elasticity, loves high dew points.
    Daily: Nature's Gate Tea Tree shampoo, GVP CB, Cure Care conditioner, aloe vera gel, Jessicurls products, Spiral Solutions products.
    Monthly: Henna
    As needed: John Masters Organics Sea Mist
    HG Product: BioSilk Rock Hard Gelee (aka BRHG. It even has HG in the name!)
    Last perm: 12/10/10
    CG since: 3/9/12
    Last haircut: 4/17/12
    Gossamer Fringe (my blog)
  • cultoftaupecultoftaupe Registered Users Posts: 2
    No, I am a tummy sleeper. I had a slightly better plop last night. I really tried to bunch up the back and then really worked it with the diffuser this morning . Better, but still not nearly as great as the side and top.
  • Touch.of.inkTouch.of.ink Registered Users Posts: 297
    Is it possible you have different curl types on those areas of your head?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Hair: Very fine, normal porous (Finally! Yay!), normal elasticity, loves high dew points.
    Daily: Nature's Gate Tea Tree shampoo, GVP CB, Cure Care conditioner, aloe vera gel, Jessicurls products, Spiral Solutions products.
    Monthly: Henna
    As needed: John Masters Organics Sea Mist
    HG Product: BioSilk Rock Hard Gelee (aka BRHG. It even has HG in the name!)
    Last perm: 12/10/10
    CG since: 3/9/12
    Last haircut: 4/17/12
    Gossamer Fringe (my blog)
  • craving_curlscraving_curls Registered Users Posts: 44
    My sides and front have a much stronger curl pattern than the back, no matter what I do to it. Here's a couple of ideas, but I'm still trying to figure out how to deal with it. I put WAY more product on the back and scrunch it a lot more before plopping. It needs the help. Second, it depends on where the plop ends up - if it's towards the front, the front gets curlier than the back because the back is held straight while it dries. If it's towards the back, it's more even but the front isn't a curly. I haven't found a way around this, but maybe try to make two mounds out of hair, one in the front and one in the back? I have no idea here, just something I noticed. Instead of plopping, I've just decided to diffuse upside down. Probably not the best for the hair, but I can't stand the funky scalp plopping gives me - I tend to look bald! :?
    CG since 3/2012, Medium Density, Low Elasticity, Porosity (?)
    3a/m/ii

Products loving my hair:
    Co-Wash/LI/RO: DC One Condition
    Gel: KCCC, BC Curl Enhancing Cream, DC AnGel

Moisture loving, oil and protein hating (though it tolerates some in products).
  • Jas76Jas76 Registered Users Posts: 2,283 Curl Neophyte
    Hmm... This is funny, because I have the exact opposite problem!! I guess I'm likely no help to you, but I'll be following this thread to try to gleam some good info!!

Good luck!!
    2c/3a/3b, Fine/med, Dense, high porous, & normal elas.

Lo-poo - Renpure Keratin, SMR, Giovanni SaS
    clarifying - mix Johnson's H2T with low poo
    Co-wash - Suave Nats. clar. or coco.
    RO - GVPCB, Ion Eff. Care, TN.
    LI - SMR, Cure Care, or RO
    Seal - MO or Jojoba
    DT - + honey, ACV, & EVOO to SM masque & GVPCB
    PT - Gelatin!, CNPF
    Styling - FSG, AIF, BRHG, LALS/PS, GF curl spray gel, SM Souffle/Smoothie, LOOB
    Oils - MO!, EVOO, jojoba, GSO, SM Elixer, EVCO, VO5 Hairdressing
  • pedahehpedaheh Registered Users Posts: 4,812 Curl Neophyte
    Could it have to do with the direction you twist your plopping towel?
    I don't plop overnight, but I've noticed that if I twist my towel toward my face, my back gets dryer then the front. If I twist my towel toward the back of my head, the front of my hair gets dryer then the back.
    http://pedaheh.blogspot.com/ (a blog to help new wavies, go to the how do I get started page)
    2a (nc.com) 2bFi (Fia), very fine, thin, low/normal elasticity, porous, CG, doesn't get weighed down
    Cowash: Tresemme naturals
    Rinse out/leave in: Renpure Organics (red)
    Curl enhancer: FSG
    Gel: BRHG, Salon care aloe, Ecostyler Krystal (normal dews)
    PT: ION effective care, IAgirl's gelatin PT
    Low Poo: renpure (red), Ion swimmers

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file