Hairstylist in Manhattan for Prom

embudiniembudini Posts: 580Registered Users
Hi everyone!

I haven't been here in quite a while but I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations for where I could get my hair done in downtown/midtown Manhattan for prom. I live in NJ but during the last month of school I'll be interning at the United Nations, so I figure it would be cool to get my hair done in NYC since I can. Plus the salons near me will probably be filled with other girls that day also going to prom.

So I have shoulder length, 3A-B hair and don't want to spend much more than $50 on this. I was thinking of getting my hair blown out and curled and wearing it down for prom (I know, bad me, not wearing it natural) but I've been wearing my hair down everyday for years natural so I want to change things up. Also I'm trying to look in the lower half of Manhattan, as I have to go from my internship, then to get my hair done, then home, so I can't spend all day trekking around NYC to get to my stylist. Lastly, if they do makeup at wherever you might recommend, that would be a plus.

Thank you!
PW: ihaveafotki :toothy2:
Fotki UPDATED! 12-14-2007
3A-3B layered-longer-than-shoulder-length-not-really-CG
Former Tween Scene Columnist

Comments

• Devri1Devri1 Posts: 10Registered Users
    embudini wrote: »
    Hi everyone!

I haven't been here in quite a while but I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations for where I could get my hair done in downtown/midtown Manhattan for prom. I live in NJ but during the last month of school I'll be interning at the United Nations, so I figure it would be cool to get my hair done in NYC since I can. Plus the salons near me will probably be filled with other girls that day also going to prom.

So I have shoulder length, 3A-B hair and don't want to spend much more than $50 on this. I was thinking of getting my hair blown out and curled and wearing it down for prom (I know, bad me, not wearing it natural) but I've been wearing my hair down everyday for years natural so I want to change things up. Also I'm trying to look in the lower half of Manhattan, as I have to go from my internship, then to get my hair done, then home, so I can't spend all day trekking around NYC to get to my stylist. Lastly, if they do makeup at wherever you might recommend, that would be a plus.

Thank you!

I would reccomend Hair Rules in NYC. Here's the link to our Salon Finder, which has a lot of other options for you. Good luck in your search!

Curly Hair Salons & Stylists in manhattan, ny

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file