What are good hair products for medium 2a hair?

jenfitzjenfitz Registered Users Posts: 121
My hair tends to get frizzy and it's almost straight. My hair is long. Thanks in advance

Comments

• asianrunnerasianrunner Registered Users Posts: 2,251 Curl Neophyte
    What do you currently use? Are you CG?
    Coarse texture, normal-high porosity, normal elasticity (Komaza Care), very weak waves
    cleanser: Redken Fresh Curls Shampoo, CJ Daily Fix

rinse out: GVP Conditioning Balm, CJ Beauticurls, CJ Smoothing

jellies/creams: CR Curl Maker, KCCC
    gels: CJ CQ, CJ Pattern Pusha, BRHG

• jenfitzjenfitz Registered Users Posts: 121
    What do you currently use? Are you CG?

I use Shampoo to make hair shiny sorry but I don't remember the name of the brand and I'm not using the CG method yet.
    If you can list what brands (shampoo, conditioner, styling products) you use it would be very helpful. What are your goals?
    Coarse texture, normal-high porosity, normal elasticity (Komaza Care), very weak waves

• rapunzel4everrapunzel4ever Registered Users Posts: 557
    Something with magnesium sulfate/sea salt will help to get more waves, like beach effect waves ;-)
    Stop brushing hair (if you haven't already) when dry and only detangle with a lot of conditioner in the shower.
    What is your routine now?
    2B/C-3A) fine - low porosity
    Routine:
    Wash: Daily Fix,SMT, Kesham, Urtekram
    RO: Motions CPR Li, Inecto Cocos co, AO GPB, KCTT
    acv-rinse, sometimes honey-rinse
    LI: coconut oil (winter), CJBC-LI
    Styling: AVG, Etos Solid Power Gel, Taft gel, CJPP, JCCC, BRHG
    Plopping~Pixiecurl diffuse~clipping
    KrullenWijzer.blogspot.nl
    If you can list what brands (shampoo, conditioner, styling products) you use it would be very helpful. What are your goals?

My shampoo and conditioner is tresemme and I just use a brush and hair spray to style my hair. I really want to enhance my waves.
    Something with magnesium sulfate/sea salt will help to get more waves, like beach effect waves ;-)
    Stop brushing hair (if you haven't already) when dry and only detangle with a lot of conditioner in the shower.
    What is your routine now?

I usually brush my hair before I get a shower because if I don't I get a lot of knots in my hair.
  • jakrussel3jakrussel3 Registered Users Posts: 423
    I used to get a lot of knots in my hair, but I don't anymore now that it's conditioned better and I'm no longer using sulfates. I find it works best to either rake your fingers through your hair in the shower when there's a bunch of conditioner in your hair or to use a very wide toothed comb while in the shower with a ton of conditioner in your hair.

This link actually has a lot of good, basic information to get you started. It'll provide a foundation that you can build on later. It has a lot of the same info that the Curly Girl book does. Live Curly Live Free - Home
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Hair Properties: 2A/2B, Medium-fine, Normal porosity, Normal elasticity, Medium density
    Low Poo: DevaCare, Yes to Cuc's
    Rinse Out: DevaCare One Condition, Yes to Cuc's
    Cowash: Suave Naturals Lavender, Yes to Carrots Scalp Conditioner
    Curl Cream: AG ReCoil, Organix Moroccan Oil Curl Cream
    Gel/Mousse: Sweet Curls Elixirs FSG w/ Mag Sulfate added, Sweet Curls Elixirs hard hold gel, DevaCurl Frizz Free Foam, Aquage Uplifting Foam
    Protein: Spiral Solutions Protein Spray for daily use
    Here is a link about going CG:
    The College Curly

You can do a search for drugstore shampoos, conditioners and gels. Never brush your hair. When you get in the shower, coat your hair with lots of conditioner and slowly work through it w/ a wide tooth comb.

Also search for drugstore styling products. There are some drugstore curl enhancers out there but I'm not super familiar w/ most. My fav drugstore is Garnier Pure Clean gel.

Here is another link about different techniques. I really like the icequeen method!

http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/general-discussion-about-curly-hair/112371-techniques-links-supersoaker-spritz-condish-plopping-frizz-clipping-icequeen-etc.html

• CubanwavyCubanwavy Registered Users Posts: 293
    I am wavy, but more of a 2c. I do not brush my hair, ever. I used to and thought I had unruly frizzy hair, well, it doesn't like to be brushed. I currently cleanse with WEN pomegranate and use Herbal Essences Totally Twisted Curl Boosting Foam ( it doesn't dry crunchy and gives good hold for my waves). I would think as a 2a you would need something very light for styling so as not to weigh down your waves.

Does the shampoo you use have sodium lauryl sulfate or any sulfate? That can cause drying. I've noticed when I used a shampoo with sulfates more often than not, I had frizzy poufy hair.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file