While on the subject of just sayin - food

It is perfectly okay for me to eat a potato and pasta in the same meal. I do not need meat to stay healthy. Eating large quantities of fruits and vegetables will not make me gain weight.

Some of the unasked advice I get during lunch from one certain person...

Comments

• SariaSaria Posts: 15,963Registered Users
    Lots of cultures combine carbs. :dontknow:
    I will never be down with the Dominican combo of spaghetti with rice and beans, though. That one is terrible.
    But potato pizza, potato and pasta soup, potato pierogis, aloo roti, dal puri, and tacos de papa, just to name a few carb-on-carb combos, are perfectly delicious to me!
    por-que-no-te-callas.jpg
  • KookyCurlKookyCurl Posts: 1,980Registered Users
    Saria wrote: »
    I will never be down with the Dominican combo of spaghetti with rice and beans, though. That one is terrible.
    But potato pizza, potato and pasta soup, potato pierogis, aloo roti, dal puri, and tacos de papa, just to name a few carb-on-carb combos, are perfectly delicious to me!

Yum! A local pizza place has cheese tortellini pizza and it is one of my most favorite slices!!!
  • gagirl09gagirl09 Posts: 2,316Registered Users
    Speckla wrote: »
    It is perfectly okay for me to eat a potato and pasta in the same meal. I do not need meat to stay healthy. Eating large quantities of fruits and vegetables will not make me gain weight.

Some of the unasked advice I get during lunch from one certain person...

+1 I have found that true from my new experiences from being a vegan. I stopped focusing on portion size kinda. The only exception is when I eat junk food that is deep fried or sweet drinks then it's like oh jeez. I have a 1 pack forming on this flab of mine. Lol
    Last relaxer: Nov. 24, 2008
    BC: December 19, 2009
    Products: Whatever works!
  • ChikyuuChikyuu Posts: 268Registered Users
    When I get beef at a restaurant, I love it to be super rare. Like puddle of blood on the plate rare. I want that cow to tell me it's life story while I eat it. I'll probably get sick from it one of these days, but it's so worth it.
    PhoneCurtainScale.jpgPhoneFrontScale.jpgWEbcamHaircutscale.jpg
    2c or something MODCG Since December 2011!
    New May 20th Routine
    Low-poo:SheaM
    Co-wash:VO5 KiwiLime or VanillaMint
    LI:TN, Regis OliveOil Condish, GVP CB
    Styler: LALSG
    Daily routine: Cleanse, LI, soak with water, scrunch in gel, plop, pixie diffuse, air dry.

• nes223nes223 Posts: 347Registered Users
    My sister orders French fries and mashed potatoes as her sides at a local restaurant. :)
    -nes
    3a/3b
  • nes223nes223 Posts: 347Registered Users

Yum tacos de papas. Now I'm hungry. I remember the first time I discovered enchiladas de papa in Mexico... I was hooked. I swear I had that for dinner every night for a week straight. If only I could make it myself....
    -nes
    3a/3b
  • legendslegends Posts: 3,073Registered Users
    Little known fact: if a Dominican goes a whole day without rice she/he will immediately drop dead of starvation.
    Eres o te haces?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file