Crafters post your newest creations!

Jess the MessJess the Mess Posts: 5,844Registered Users Curl Neophyte
Pinterest is giving me tons of ideas. Today my DD and I made her some shirts. Found them 4 for $10 at Joann's a few weeks ago and spruced them up. Not quite finished but the first two came out really cute.

4b52cfab-8cf6-2a03.jpg
4b52cfab-8d05-c065.jpg
4b52cfab-8d17-fc77.jpg
4b52cfab-8d28-bafa.jpg

My fat thumb will make mistakes.
High Priestess JessMess, follower of the Goddess of the Coiling Way and Confiscator of Concoctions in the Order of the Curly Crusaders

Comments

• ruralcurlsruralcurls Posts: 2,574Registered Users
    They are so cute!!
  • rouquinnerouquinne Posts: 13,734Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Jess, have you got/seen the books on making over t-shirts and thrift store finds?
    My blog:

http://labellatestarossa.blogspot.ca/

Little Mother of all the Roaches, President-for-Life of the MAC Harlots!
  • nes223nes223 Posts: 347Registered Users
    Cute Jess! :)

I'm currently working on a necklace holder. Still not done. It's a bulletin board I put fabric over and I'm using push pins to hang my necklaces on. ( I wanna find those really big jumbo push pins) and you can see I ran outa ribbon haha.

a6cd8978-07b3-ae24.jpg

Since starting this months ago I found a really huge frame at a garage sale (2$) and I wanna somehow use that instead so I'm calling this my practice one
    -nes
    3a/3b
  • Jess the MessJess the Mess Posts: 5,844Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    rouquinne wrote: »
    Jess, have you got/seen the books on making over t-shirts and thrift store finds?
    I haven't. I've seen tons of tutorials on Pinterest but a book would be fun to have. We had so much fun making them together. Where have you seen the books?

Nes I LOVE that material. It looks like my duvet. And sometimes we need practice pieces. I had a practice shirt with the bow shirt. My first one wasn't quite right and was too big. Practice makes perfect :)
    High Priestess JessMess, follower of the Goddess of the Coiling Way and Confiscator of Concoctions in the Order of the Curly Crusaders

• rouquinnerouquinne Posts: 13,734Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    that is nice fabric, nes. i am a fabric-aholic! :D

the book is called Generation T; 108 Ways to Transform a Tee Shirt. and there's a follow-up.

the one on remaking thrift store finds is called Little Green Dresses.
    My blog:

http://labellatestarossa.blogspot.ca/

Little Mother of all the Roaches, President-for-Life of the MAC Harlots!
  • missbanjomissbanjo Posts: 3,088Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Nes, I've seen those jumbo push pins at Office Max and I think Walmart sometimes. I'm sure Amazon has them too.
    Southern Colorado Curly
    Mix of 2s med-low porosity, med-fine texture, lots of hair
  • HropkeyHropkey Posts: 572Registered Users
    Ive done the second one- fringing, extending the neckline, cropping- all the time. One thing I've seen that helps is to make a small knot at the end of the fringe, it helps it hang better.

I'm not very crafty- I wish I was- but Iove doctoring t-shirts. What I always do with my school shirts is turn it into a cropped, fringed tank top. Then I put a couple pony beads in my school colors on the end of the fringe, and wear it over a regular tank top. It's the perfect way to have fun, interesting spirit wear for sporting events.
    Mod CG as of 10/18/08
    Using: Suave Naturals, L'oreal Vive Pro Nutri Gloss, LA Looks Sports Gel.
    "We’ll not live like this. They will try to bury us with false manifestos, inscribe us in wars against false enemies but we’ll sing songs about dying from loving the wrong cowboy and gospel; our bodies will burn in effigies of promise. I swear."

-Ibi Kaslik
  • Like.AustraliaLike.Australia Posts: 2,544Registered Users
    For the baby's room:

nursery-dresser%2Bpaintings-04232012.JPG

nursery-mobile-04232012.JPG
  • Jess the MessJess the Mess Posts: 5,844Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    LA I love the baby's room deco. Too cute! Is the mobile made from felt?

I thought of knotting the fringe but it was the third shirt I had modified and I was done for the night. I also want to add a lace pocket or something to make it fun.

• sariroosariroo Posts: 1,958Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Making a strip quilt for my child with the left over Dr. Seuss fabric. The back will be the same red lines & characters as the baby quilt.

Also made a pillowcase for a friend's son who loves Wizard of Oz.
    316vq4y.jpg
    Also embroidered the pockets on some ugly jeans I bought on clearance for my daughter. I am working on another pair too.
    316vq4y.jpg
  • Like.AustraliaLike.Australia Posts: 2,544Registered Users
    LA I love the baby's room deco. Too cute! Is the mobile made from felt?

I thought of knotting the fringe but it was the third shirt I had modified and I was done for the night. I also want to add a lace pocket or something to make it fun.

Thanks. :D And, yup, the mobile is made from felt. It was a TON of work - much more than I anticipated!
  • nes223nes223 Posts: 347Registered Users
    Thanks for the comments on the fabric guys! I got it on amazon awhile back.

Couldn't find the jumbo push pins at my walmart but definitely gonna try office max :)
    -nes
    3a/3b

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file