Sleep Masks

poisonivypoisonivy Posts: 1,551Registered Users
Why didn't I discover them earlier! My mom bought me one and I love it! Anybody else?

Comments

• The New BlackThe New Black Posts: 16,754Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I can sleep with socks on my feet, gloves on my hands or something on my head. But I can't sleep with anything over my eyes.
    montage-3.gif No MAS.

I am the new Black.

"Hope the Mail are saving space tomorrow for Samantha Brick's reaction piece on the reactions to her piece about the reactions to her piece." ~ Tweet reposted by Rou.
  • tonsofcurlztonsofcurlz Posts: 323Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I can't sleep without one now. I use ear plugs, too. It's pretty bad, actually. I have to be sure to remember to pack them when I travel. I've tried quite a few masks and my favorite is the Lewis and Clark brand. It is a padded eye mask with light blockers under the eye. I need to buy several more.
    3b, fine texture, low to normal porosity
    Low Poos:
    MOP C Hydrating, JC HCC, Ion Swimmer's Poo
    Condish: GVP Balm, Kenra, Tigi Oatmeal/Honey, DE Coconut
    Leave-In: BWC, Abba Gentle, KBB Nectar, GFTN
    Stylers: CJ AF/CIAB, SS CEJ/FHG, QCCC, Komaza Puddings, EW SAJ or Alba Soft Curl w/KKSS, Kenra, Homemade FSG, AOMM, CK/QB HTSG

Save $5 off your first order at http://www.iherb.com. Use discount code: SOF540.
  • poisonivypoisonivy Posts: 1,551Registered Users
    I have slept so poorly since I had kids (17 years) and my husband always leaves the hall light on for the kids. The light leaking through the door is why I can't sleep. I'm shocked at how much I dream now. Just got a Sleep Master today. Can't wait to try it tonight. I'll check out the Lewis and Clark brand.
  • RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Posts: 31,259Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I can't sleep with anything on me...not pajamas, not socks, not gloves, not earplugs, and definitely not something on my eyes. It's just me and my covers.
  • wild_sasparillawild_sasparilla Posts: 4,306Registered Users
    Tonsofcurlz, I also have trouble sleeping without my mask now! I never use ear plugs, though. I have a molded mask like this one, except it's black and I'm not sure of the brand. I don't like having something pressing down on my eyes, so a molded one like this is ideal.
    OMG, LOOK!!

...It's a siggie. :shock:
  • midgimidgi Posts: 2,409Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I can't sleep in a sleep mask either. I don't like that band on it. It's just not comfy.

Sent from The Brick
    I just want to do what I want to do when I want to do it.
    Hm, a mask with the usual little elastic band would probably bother me, too. Guess I have something else I'm picky about with them! I don't plan on having to buy another anyway.
    OMG, LOOK!!

I like the adjustable elastic band on mine but I can't stand the velcro I find on some. My hair is all tangled up in it by morning! I should try the molded mask in an effort to coax myself out of using one.
    Low Poos:
    Stylers: CJ AF/CIAB, SS CEJ/FHG, QCCC, Komaza Puddings, EW SAJ or Alba Soft Curl w/KKSS, Kenra, Homemade FSG, AOMM, CK/QB HTSG

Save $5 off your first order at http://www.iherb.com. Use discount code: SOF540.
  • NejNej Posts: 2,444Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Love em. Without one I sleep with my pillow covering my face. Apparently this is strange.
    anigif_enhanced-buzz-2027-1364839025-19.gif
    I like the adjustable elastic band on mine but I can't stand the velcro I find on some. My hair is all tangled up in it by morning! I should try the molded mask in an effort to coax myself out of using one.

Fair warning: the one I bought fastens with velcro. I was annoyed by it, too, at first, but after awhile it's like the edges wore off of it and it stopped being an issue. IDEK. I'm sure there are molded ones that don't fasten with velcro, though, and either tie in the back (for side or tummy sleepers) or just have an elastic band. I've never seen one where the elastic band is adjustable - does it work like a bra strap? (Couldn't think of something else with the same mechanism, lol.)
    OMG, LOOK!!

• SarcasmIsBeautySarcasmIsBeauty Posts: 5,640Registered Users
    One time I wore a sleeping mask because I like to sleep in total darkness. Well, when I woke up, I thought I was blind for a sec :goofy:. Yea, never again.
    Turtles: omg please don't put that in your moo moo

Nej: too late... moo moo has been infiltrated.
    I've never seen one where the elastic band is adjustable - does it work like a bra strap? (Couldn't think of something else with the same mechanism, lol.)

Yes, it's just like that - or an adjustable shoulder strap on a computer bag. The Lewis and Clark mask I mentioned up thread is like this. The elastic straps on other masks I've used lose their elastic and make the masks unwearable. I have a big head :(
    Low Poos:

• poisonivypoisonivy Posts: 1,551Registered Users
    Nej wrote: »
    Love em. Without one I sleep with my pillow covering my face. Apparently this is strange.

When my husband would get up and turn the bathroom light on the pillow would go over my head. Check out the Sleep Master. The band is velcro but its not elastic and its very wide. I thought it was really comfortable. The first few night sleeping with a regular mask hurt my ears so I know what you guys are saying.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file