Anyone here used to have 3b as a child?

lauraintheskylaurainthesky Registered Users Posts: 20
I struggled with my hair so much growing up. I had a little "jew fro" as a young child. I grew out my hair when I got to the age where I got hair self-determination to stop the fro. When I was 10, I discovered the wonder of night braiding and never used another brush again.

I would say that it was a solid 3b. I stopped worrying about my hair in later adolescence and just sneered at anyone who told me that I should straighten my hair. (was a two hour endeavor that was not even close to worth it).

then somewhere down the line....realized that my curl pattern and fullness was gradually changing.

At first, it was amazing because I could finally control it! Now, I still like it, but don't want it to continue to fade! I am now getting weird straight pieces in it. It is fine and thin and stylist tell me it would suck if it were not curly.

a pic below.. normal for me except for a bit of an overconditioning mishap!
I may need to face reality and give back my 3a card? well, which is where CG is going to help me.
Hair 3a with annoying strands of 2a/b
low porosity
fine
somewhat low density
good elasticity

DRY

I live in the desert!
cowash: Suave coconut naturals

everything else?????? actively seeking

Comments

• IAgirlIAgirl Registered Users Posts: 2,540 Curl Neophyte
    I wonder if protein might do wonders for your hair. You can go inexpensive - Ion Effective Care from Sally's (trial size) or homemade http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/2/116257-pt-recipe-promised.html or more expensive like Nexxus Emergencee or Curl Junkie Curl Rehab.

I do see a lot of curling in your hair, but it's not happening so much at the top, so a shorter cut may or may not give you the volume you've lost - or some layers.
  • Corrina777Corrina777 Registered Users Posts: 3,204 Curl Connoisseur
    I agree with IAGirl. I also had between 3a and 3b curls as a young child. When I started CG I was somewhere between 2c and 3a. Got a Devacut last week and had lots of shorter layers put in and my curls just sprung right up. I did a thread in General Hair with before and after pics (I can't get pics to post right from my phone).

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    3a/f/iii
    Modified CG since 11/5/11
    CLEANSE: CJ Daily Fix, DevaCare No-Poo, CHS Treatment Shampoo
    RO: SS Caitlin's Conditioner, CJ Beauticurls Strengthening
    LI: SS Repairing Protein Treatment, CHS Silk Leave-In
    STYLE: Re:Coil, Curl Keeper, Deva Ultra Defining Gel, Curls Rock Amplifier,Sweet Curls Elixirs Okra Gel and Hard Hold Gel, SS Curl Enhancing Jelly and Firm Hold Gel
  • lauraintheskylaurainthesky Registered Users Posts: 20
    glad you guys can still see the curl pattern!!!! thinking back, I used to get these spring curls that I could pull into about 3x its length, let go, and boingggggggg! haven't seen one of those for awhile.

I am confused about the whole protein thing. I got some nature's gate protein loo poo and conditioner. My hair turned into parched straw the second it hit my hair in the shower. So I don't know whether it was the specific products or I am protein sensitive.

A stylist was really hesitant to layer my hair because it is so thin, so I'm not quite sure what to do there. Maybe would be better to go to a special curly salon? The deva cut kind of freaks me out. I don't like the thought of having all strands uneven! I get the point of why it works but.......

I did have shoulder length hair a few years ago. I actually kind of lost curl! or I would get some decent first day curl that would die quickly. I think it had to do with the top of my hair being so flat.

I will try and find your pics =)

=)
    low porosity
    fine
    somewhat low density
    good elasticity

DRY

I live in the desert!

• lauraintheskylaurainthesky Registered Users Posts: 20
    In this pic, I did the coconut co-wash and leave in tresemme naturals (no protein, no glycerin or heavy humectant properties).

I played around with my hair and found the 3b hidden underneath straight. Is my only recourse here to put my hair half up half down?

any hair twins?

cross posted in new thread.
    low porosity
    fine
    somewhat low density
    good elasticity

DRY

I live in the desert!

Leave a Comment