Frizz!

AdieunoireAdieunoire Registered Users Posts: 4
Most days I get some frizz. It's not a lot, but it's enough to get to me. Any tips?
3a/3b/medium-fine/dense/low porosity

Comments

• kathymackkathymack Registered Users Posts: 9,999 Curl Neophyte
    It could be anything--lack of protein, moisture and or technique. In order for folks to help you, it would be good to have more information about your hair--your hair properties. Here's a link to help you determine yours Live Curly Live Free - Home Once you identify your properties, you can look for people with hair like yours and see what they use (in signatures.) It's a good place to start.

My first guess, based on the products you're using, is that your hair needs moisture. I didn't find them moisturizing enough for my hair. (never used the garnier.) If your hair is fine and/or porous, you need protein, too. It's all about getting the protein/moisture balance right.
    3a (Corkicelli), highlighted, fine, low porosity
    SE PA

HGs: Anything Sevi; Curly Kinks Satin Roots, Curlycue ReNew and Coil Jam; homemade FSG and okra gel; soap bars; UFD Curly Magic; Botanical Spirits Jellies, CJ Repair Me, Aloe Fix
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • AdieunoireAdieunoire Registered Users Posts: 4
    I know for sure that my hair does not
    Ike protein. I did a protein treatment and it it was limp, greasy and even more frizzy!

I know I have 3b hair and it's either normal or high porosity. I haven't quite figured it out fully. I tried washing the night before, using the triple nutrition conditioner as a leave in again (this has always seemed like it was the best before) braided and slept in my satin cap and my hair was even worse today! The KCNT was working well, but now I just seem to have frizz, not too much, but it just looks a little fluffy.
  • kathymackkathymack Registered Users Posts: 9,999 Curl Neophyte
    What was the PT?? A bad reaction to protein is usually hard and straw like.

Many of us rotate products. My hair has always satiated--even back in the shampoo/conditioner only days. I wet, use a rinse out and style every day. Seldom let myself use any one product more then once in five days.
    3a (Corkicelli), highlighted, fine, low porosity
    SE PA

HGs: Anything Sevi; Curly Kinks Satin Roots, Curlycue ReNew and Coil Jam; homemade FSG and okra gel; soap bars; UFD Curly Magic; Botanical Spirits Jellies, CJ Repair Me, Aloe Fix
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • AdieunoireAdieunoire Registered Users Posts: 4
    Just stopping back with an update!

I am trying a new combination the past couple days and my hair is loving it! Still a little frizz, but not bad. Routine this morning is I cowashed with GVPCB and honey, rinsed out then added renpure brazilian keratin then pinned my hair up and washed, came back got a little more, detailed and rinsed out. While it was still wet, added the renpure argan oul condish as a leaving and scrunched in my FSG then plopped for 15 min, took down and let it airdry (had an appt, but usually I diffuse). When I got back (after it finally dried after several hours...) I SOTC with some pomade and spritzed with some water with the keratin condish mixed in. Super soft and shiney! I'll let you know how my 2nd day hair looks!

As for the PT, it was a homemade one that my hair was not a fan. I did a banana DT and my hair seemed to like that, but I want to try a different one next week.

Sent from my DROIDX using CurlTalk App

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file