CurlTalk

Missing the Humidity!

MaudieMaudie Posts: 508Registered Users Curl Neophyte
This dry winter weather is not doing my hair any favors. :? It's dry, undefined and generally messy looking. While I like winter in general, my hair will be glad for April showers.
Maudie

CO wash-Vo5 Kiwi Lime
Regular CO-Tresemme Naturals Silicone Free
Deep CO-Aussie 3 Minute Miracle

Shampoo-Jhirmack Silver Plus Ageless once a week
Cream-Garnier Fructis Sleek $ Shine Leave-In Conditioning
Gels-LA Looks Sport

Going silver-last hair color 4/10/15

Comments

• medusahairmedusahair Posts: 3,515Registered Users
    I was just saying this on the 3a board. I have through wed of dry weather and then we're back to rainy. I had to add jojoba to the mix yesterday to get proper curls and even then I had no volume.
    I guess I should be thankful it's humid most of the time. I used to think it was a curse
    2c/3a?
    Low porosity, medium texture.
    /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2FMedusahair%2F" class="Popup

If it smells good put it in your hair, if it tastes good spit it out!
  • x_tigerlilyx_tigerlily Posts: 432Registered Users
    :) I'm glad the humidity is gone!

Humidity+my hair=Frizzy, poofy, undefined curly mess!
    3C/4A and too long to handle (and afford!)
  • SuburbanbushbabeSuburbanbushbabe Posts: 15,402Registered Users
    I'm definitely missing the humidity. Deep treating like a fiend!
    My blog - /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fsuburbanbushbabe.wordpress.com%2F" class="Popup
    My FOTKI - /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fwhatsnew.fotki.com%2Fsuburbanbushbabe%2F" class="Popup
    comic-p.jpg

Playing with my hair is a hobby. Fluffy, fine natural 4a. Goal= Healthy, beautiful hair that retains its length.
    Hear that crash? It's me falling off the CG wagon.
  • Gemini13Gemini13 Posts: 5,000Registered Users
    I know, me too, my hair is so much curlier in the summer!
    Brooklyn, NY

Hair: 3A/B, Underlayer of 2B
    HG products:
    Winter- Giovanni Tea Tree (co-wash) & 50/50 (condish); Curl Junkie Curl Assurance Leave-In; Curls Milkshake & Quenched Curls; Re:coil; BRHG
    Summer: DevaCurl No Poo & OneC; CK; Re:coil; BRHG; Honey!!!

fotki pw= crrrls
  • StarmieStarmie Posts: 6,681Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I wouldn't care if I never had to experience another humid day in my life. We've had a couple of bouts of it here recently (very unusual for SA) and I've been at my wits end with my hair. Hate, hate, hate humidity!
    3b in South Australia.
  • sfisher323sfisher323 Posts: 537Registered Users
    You know, that's interesting - I've always loathed the humidity and its relationship to my hair, but I've yet to experience a humid season with my curls. Since I've been wearing it straight for-ev-er, humidity always made my hair an even pouffier, frizzier, mess. Perhaps now that I've banned the straightener, the humidity in NY will be more of a blessing than a curse . . . I look forward to finding out . . . :)
    embracing my inner curl since late Nov 2006
    2b/3a (I think?)
    color-treated red/brown, medium-textured hair
    PJ, currently using Suave citrus smoothie, B2B pom cond, GF C&S leave-in, AG re:coil, LOOB, HE SMU, Jessicurl HCC, CC, AIS
  • jeepcurlygurljeepcurlygurl Posts: 19,250Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    My hair and I would both be happy in the middle of a rainforest.
    I miss summer.
    --I'm located in Western PA.
    --I found NC in late 2004, CG since February 2005, started going grey in late 2005.
    --My hair is 3B with some 3A, texture-medium/fine, porosity-normal except for the ends which are porous, elasticity-normal.
    --My long time favorite products are Suave & VO5 conditioners, LA Looks Sport Gel, oils, honey, vinegar.
    --My CG and grey hair progress -- http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/going-gray/179328-jeepys-grey-hair-progress.html
  • redcelticcurlsredcelticcurls Posts: 17,502Registered Users
    I used to think that summer humidity was bad until I experienced winter dryness frizz. I found summer frizz easier to manage, probably because I expected it and wasn't aware of winter frizz before because I had used tons of 'cones prior to cg. While I had read about winter frizz, I had thought that I would be exempt from it because i had decent control of my hair in the summer. Ha! I guess that shows that I didn't know much.

I am glad that I started cg in June because I may have given up on it if I had started in December.

The rest of me hates the summer heat and humidity though. :lol:
    Kiva! Microfinance works.

Med/Coarse, porous curly.
  • BrioBrio Posts: 1,432Registered Users
    My hair is not liking the cold. Just when you think you have this curl stuff figured out, the weather goes & changes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Frizz Happens!
    my Fotki hair journey/experiment diary PW is brio (and I really need to update it!)

3A hair; coloring with henna/indigo since July 2009; normally follow the CG method. Still searching for my HG products!
  • medusahairmedusahair Posts: 3,515Registered Users
    For real Brio!
    I just got a fab routine down now I have to load my hair up with conditioner and leave it in just to get barely hydrated hair. Come onnnnnnnnn Thurs (back to raining here as usual on Thurs yay!0

I need to cut the crap and use heat on my DT's. I never notice the diff in humidity but I see the error of my ways in a dry week
    2c/3a?
    Low porosity, medium texture.
    /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2FMedusahair%2F" class="Popup

If it smells good put it in your hair, if it tastes good spit it out!
  • juvjoyjuvjoy Posts: 670Registered Users
    Yeah my hair has been coming out kinda "floppy" lately 2 :( Just doesn't have the oomph & thickness w/ this dryness.

Kim