Terrified of a cut tomorrow

craving_curlscraving_curls Posts: 44Registered Users
I know, it sounds silly to be terrified of a haircut, but I kinda am. Two weeks ago I went to a Deva Trained stylist who decided it was better to cut my curly hair wet and then used a RAZOR on it... She had it out and sawing away before I could even say anything. So now it looks awful and tangles horribly. The ends are all frayed... Yuck.

I have an appointment tomorrow to get this fixed with another stylist. Any suggestions on what to say to the new stylist to make sure it turns out right... Or did I just happen to get a bad one?

Also, is there any cut that will bring the curl out more?

Thanks in advance for the help - I think I just need a bit of support here. :lol:
CG since 3/2012, Medium Density, Low Elasticity, Porosity (?)
3a/m/ii

Products loving my hair:
Co-Wash/LI/RO: DC One Condition
Gel: KCCC, BC Curl Enhancing Cream, DC AnGel

Moisture loving, oil and protein hating (though it tolerates some in products).

Comments

• 3sunny3sunny Posts: 2Registered Users
    I'm sad to hear of your experience.

Since its not easy to find a stylist to cut curly hair where I am - I learned to cut my own!

I bought a nice pair of scissors and just keep a handle on keeping up with my dry ends.

You can research how to cut curly hair. You just treat each curl on its own.
  • Auntie BubbsAuntie Bubbs Posts: 1,068Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I am so sorry you had that experience. It's shocking that a Deva-trained stylist used a razor. Most stylists who are supposed to know how to cut curly hair know better than that!

What I'd advise is to talk to the stylist before he/she starts to work on your hair, tell them about your experience, esp. what you didn't like about it (ie, the wet cut and the razor), and ask what he/she plans to do to your hair. Ask what his/her method for cutting your hair will be, and then decide if you want to have them cut your hair. Ask what styling products they use too.

HTH and hope you have a better experience!
    That's me with FSG as my styler!!

3b. fine & thick, coarse, dry, medium porosity. Sucks up product and loves ACVs! FSG is my HG!

Currently using:
    Low Poo: TJ's Refresh No Poo: CoWash w/VO-5; Sonoma Soap Company sulfate-free poo
    RO: Yes to Cuc; SSC Lavender Condish; Sally GVP LI: Donna Marie Miracle D&C
    Style: FSG w/Aussie Instant Freeze & CIAB
  • craving_curlscraving_curls Posts: 44Registered Users
    Thanks! I did just that and it turned out great. I can't seem to find someone that can get my hair to curl as much as I can, but she cut it dry and into a lot of different layers, so the curl comes out. Unfortunately I had to lose about 3" of hair (1" of curl to get rid of the damage)...
    CG since 3/2012, Medium Density, Low Elasticity, Porosity (?)
    3a/m/ii

Products loving my hair:
    Co-Wash/LI/RO: DC One Condition
    Gel: KCCC, BC Curl Enhancing Cream, DC AnGel

Moisture loving, oil and protein hating (though it tolerates some in products).

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file