CurlTalk

it's pretty cold today...

FreeCurlsFreeCurls Posts: 4,408Registered Users
how are you wearing you hair? I decided to wear it in a french braid to protect my curls. did you change your style today because of the weather?
[FONT=&quot]Sterling Cooper Draper Pryce & FreeCurls[/FONT]

Comments

• internetchickinternetchick Posts: 6,191Registered Users
    Temp isn't so much of a factor for me. I like to wear my hair down a lot as it makes me feel goddessy :lol: , but if necessary I will wear it up or back to keep it out of whatever I am doing. On really hot days I will wear it up too. I have a lot of hair and it is very thick, so it can really add to the heat.
  • KaiaKaia Posts: 8,815Registered Users
    Temperature isn't as big a factor for my hair as humidity. When it's really dry, my hair looks like crap, and I usually pull it back in a clip. I don't know how to do anything fancy like a french braid. :oops:
    *Poster formerly known as Bailey422*

Here's all you have to know about men and women: women are crazy, men are stupid. And the main reason women are crazy is that men are stupid. ~ George Carlin
  • Who Me?Who Me? Posts: 3,181Registered Users
    I rolled out of bed at about 8:30 (I usually leave for work at about 8:20), put it in a ponytail, put a big stocking hat over it, and went off to work. 8) I usually do something cuter than a ponytail....but today I think it had more to do with being hungover than it being cold outside!
    "I don't know! I don't know why I did it, I don't know why I enjoyed it, and I don't know why I'll do it again!" -BART SIMPSON
  • FreeCurlsFreeCurls Posts: 4,408Registered Users
    I wasn't thinking style-wise so much as protection-wise. the cold air can be so harsh that I just felt that I needed to keep it as covered and tucked in as much as possible today.

• MizKerriMizKerri Posts: 1,701Registered Users
    I straightened it so I could wear a hat to keep warm and not have awful hair when I took it off at work.

If a news story breaks and no one on the Internet comments, did it really happen?
  • MunchyMunchy Posts: 5,206Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Ponytail all this week. I never pay attention to weather unless I'm straightening and it will rain or be really humid.
    maybe that's what it is. I've been wearing my hair strightened for the last two weeks... must be a subconscious thing then.

• SuburbanbushbabeSuburbanbushbabe Posts: 15,402Registered Users
    3 degrees. Wash and go. My hair froze :oops: but I have a car commute so it thawed again.
    My blog - /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fsuburbanbushbabe.wordpress.com%2F" class="Popup
    My FOTKI - /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fwhatsnew.fotki.com%2Fsuburbanbushbabe%2F" class="Popup
    comic-p.jpg

Playing with my hair is a hobby. Fluffy, fine natural 4a. Goal= Healthy, beautiful hair that retains its length.
    Hear that crash? It's me falling off the CG wagon.
  • BefrizzledBefrizzled Posts: 3,854Registered Users
    I've been wearing my hair straight. When the wind is blowing or I've got a hood of some sort on, I know my straight hair won't get messed up, but my curls sure will. Winter usually means straight for me. That and I'm getting a kick out of my new style and feel like a rocker with it straight. I don't want to lose that just yet. :lol:
    Under construction.
  • velvet pawsvelvet paws Posts: 1,250Registered Users
    I wear mine straight a lot in the winter too. The air is so dry my hair just goes limp. Plus, I can wear hats when it's straight without horrible things happening.
    3A / 2B / 2C wavicelli

.png

.png
  • mazeymazey Posts: 709Registered Users
    MizKerri wrote:
    I straightened it so I could wear a hat to keep warm and not have awful hair when I took it off at work.

Same here. Straight hair is so much better when it is 0 degrees.
    Madonna getting upset with her daughter for dressing too slutty is like Mr. T getting upset with his son for pitying too many fools.
  • zmanzzzzzmanzzzz Banned Posts: 3,826Banned Users
    maybe the mods could make a forum where you could talk about your hair. :wink:
  • SystemSystem Posts: 39,059 Administrator
    zmanzzzz wrote:

What a great idea, Z!
  • zmanzzzzzmanzzzz Banned Posts: 3,826Banned Users
    zmanzzzz wrote:

What a great idea, Z!

lets make one where we only talk about me. :D
  • CurlyCanadianCurlyCanadian Posts: 10,773Registered Users Curl Dabbler
    MizKerri wrote:

:lol:

Same here! And it's just too damn cold to chance going out with it wet. It's looking like it might be straight for a while!
    I believe in manicures. I believe in overdressing. I believe in primping at leisure and wearing lipstick. I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles.
    Audrey Hepburn
    zmanzzzz wrote:

What a great idea, Z!

I don't know the people on the hair board anymore. It's like a foreign land. Maybe we should make a hair-board for the non-hair board crowd :wink:

• redcelticcurlsredcelticcurls Posts: 17,502Registered Users
    FreeCurls wrote:
    zmanzzzz wrote:

What a great idea, Z!

I don't know the people on the hair board anymore. It's like a foreign land. Maybe we should make a hair-board for the non-hair board crowd :wink:

A fair amount of us here are over there too. :wink:
    Kiva! Microfinance works.

Med/Coarse, porous curly.
  • SystemSystem Posts: 39,059 Administrator
    I have been moving quite a few threads back to the hair board WHERE THEY BELONG because there have been quite a few popping up here, on the non-hair board. I know this thread started out belonging there, but now I have to see which direction this thread will lead before I do that.

We do have to keep the forums separate, otherwise, why have different forums?