CurlTalk

Conditioner thats good at detangling?

I've just recently started to attempt something like CG, and so far I've found that the conditioners I've tried that are supposed to be good for my hair (silicone free) do a terrible job of detangling my hair. Can someone recommend a CG approved conditioner (for conditioning, not cleansing) that they've found to be especially good at detangling? Preferably on the cheaper end and something I don't have to pay shipping for. Oh and I have super dry ends too so I need something with a lot of moisturizing.

Comments

• Corrina777Corrina777 Posts: 3,193Registered Users
    Have you tried Tresemme Naturals? They have a moisturizing formula with pretty good slip. I also keep a bottle of Kinky Curly Knot Today in my shower to help with any spots that are especially snarled up. If you can find them, Renpure Organics also has some new conditioners that have become pretty popular (there's a keratin formula and an argan oil formula). And if you're not protein sensitive, Giovanni Smooth as Silk is amazing.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    3a/f/iii
    Modified CG since 11/5/11
    CLEANSE: CJ Daily Fix, DevaCare No-Poo, CHS Treatment Shampoo
    RO: SS Caitlin's Conditioner, CJ Beauticurls Strengthening
    LI: SS Repairing Protein Treatment, CHS Silk Leave-In
    STYLE: Re:Coil, Curl Keeper, Deva Ultra Defining Gel, Curls Rock Amplifier,Sweet Curls Elixirs Okra Gel and Hard Hold Gel, SS Curl Enhancing Jelly and Firm Hold Gel
  • KinkyRNKinkyRN Posts: 250Registered Users
    Try VO5 moisture milks. It is anout $1. If your hair is really dry or really thick and low porous the more the better. If ypu still need more slip to help with detangling add EVOO. HTH.

Sent from my SGH-T679 using CurlTalk App
  • greenandchicgreenandchic Posts: 2,584Registered Users
    Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose conditioner has a lot of slip and its CG friendly.

Sent from my ADR6350 using CurlTalk App
    APL BSL MBL WL HL TBL | porous, fine/medium strands, medium density
    My Fotki!
    Below: Typical PS bun
    004-vi.jpg
  • cookiepiecookiepie Posts: 12Registered Users
    I use suave naturals as my cleansing conditioner but it also does a terrific job of detangling, I use a couple heaping handfuls. I rinse then apply Sally's Generic Value Products version of Biolage's conditioning balm. It is very moisturizing. I leave it on while I shave ;) HTH
  • JewelCurlsJewelCurls Posts: 191Registered Users
    I find the Yes to Carrots and Yes to Cucumbers conditioners are both excellent for detangling my hair.
    You can't stop my happiness 'cuz I like the way I am! -Hairspray
    Dangerously open to product suggestion
    3b, thick, angled bob, coarse, low(ish) porosity.
    Favs:
    Poo (when I get buildup): Bumble&Bumble Curly Shampoo
    Lo-poo: L'Oreal EverCurl Cleansing Conditioner
    LI: Aveda Be Curly Prep
    Stylin': Aveda Be Curly Curl Enhancer for a natural full-bodied look, SheaMoisture Smoothie for finger curls.

• openseasonopenseason Posts: 63Registered Users
    JewelCurls wrote: »
    I find the Yes to Carrots and Yes to Cucumbers conditioners are both excellent for detangling my hair.

+1 on both of these!!
    You can buy at Walmart, Target, and Walgreens for about $8. :headbang:
  • SweetSquatchiiSweetSquatchii Posts: 138Registered Users
    cookiepie wrote: »
    I use suave naturals as my cleansing conditioner but it also does a terrific job of detangling, I use a couple heaping handfuls. I rinse then apply Sally's Generic Value Products version of Biolage's conditioning balm. It is very moisturizing. I leave it on while I shave ;) HTH

I am in LOVE with the suave naturals for the co-wash. I used it before I went CG, and I haven't had any build up or gunky feeling at all.

Though I have just begun my first CG attempt, and maybe the fact that I used it before might have helped, it is still very light and easy to use.
    2C, Medium/Fine, Low Porosity, High Density - CG since 5.19.12
    Cowash: Burt's Bee's More Moisture Boabab
    Conditioner/LI: Nature's Gate Tea Tree Conditioner - I don't RO
    Styling Products: KCCC, KY, Deva Arc AnGel, HESMU
  • curledlovecurledlove Posts: 444Registered Users
    If you have Sally's in your area try Gvp conditioning balm. About $6 for a decent size bottle. I can't detangle my hair unless i have this stuff!

Sent from my HTC Glacier using CurlTalk App
    3c/4a
    I made it! Tailbone length stretched, WL curly

Teri Laflesh's book "Curly Like Me" sits on my desk and everytime I get frustrated and an impulse tells me to shave my head, I look at it in hopes that one day my hair will graze the top of my butt.

event.png

event.png
  • BlackAngelPlayahBlackAngelPlayah Posts: 1,419Registered Users
    I've been using TRESemme lately. I imagine they are all roughly the same. The Naturals doesn't have cones in it, but the regular ones are LOADED with them.

I use the regular ones... But will try the naturals eventually.

😜🍸Sent LIVE from my JPhone 4 using some CurlTalk app. 😜🍸

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2FAfroCurls.wordpress.com" class="Popup
    :afro:FroZen:afro:
  • SamiSami Posts: 94Registered Users
    I'm late, but I just wanted to add Herbal Essences Hello Hydration. It's thick and rich and wonderul at detangling!! Not only that, but it makes my hair shiny and soft. Definitely my HG :)
  • PuertoricangirlPuertoricangirl Posts: 428Registered Users
    I use tresseme naturals condotioner and it has amazing slip 😊 i also love the smell!
    3A/3B Fine/Medium curly, Low Porosity, Medium density, long length.

*Shampoo & Conditioner: Shea Moisture Coconut and Hibiscus Curl and shine
    *Leave-in: Kinky Curly Knot Today and GVP Condtioning Balm
    *Cream Stylers: Shea Moisture Curl enhancing smoothie, Coconut and hibiscus styling milk
    Gels: L.A Looks Sports Gel, and Kinky Curly Curling Custard
    *Serum: Curly Hair Solutions Curl Keeper

:blob7:
  • EricachristinaEricachristina Posts: 496Registered Users
    I like the Giovanni Smooth as Silk Deep Moisture Conditioner for detangling. I also use the Suave Naturals coconut conditioner which works fine if I use a lot. The Tresemme Naturals is pretty good but I find that it is leaving my hair a bit frizzy and I don't usually get frizz even without product in my hair so I find this strange.
  • rmc2rmc2 Posts: 349Registered Users
    The best one for me is Trader Joe Tea Tree Tingle conditioner. V05 Moisture Milk something is good too but you need to use a lot of it.
  • pinkwolfpinkwolf Posts: 430Registered Users
    The best conditioner that has given me the best slip was Tresumme Naturals moisturizing conditioner... just wooow!!

Sent from my N861 using CurlTalk App
    *Natural 3C/TWA* :toothy7:
    Wash: BS/ACV, ABS, KC Come Clean
    Conditioner: Garnier WB Honey Treasures
    , Garnier WB Apple & Green Tea
    Pre-Poo: Oils & Honey Mix
    DC: Garnier WB Honey Treasures Mask, SM 10-N-1

PT: Super Mayo Deep Conditioning Treatment
    Styler:
    KCCC, Eco Styler
    Leave-In: KCKT, Garnier WB Coconut & Cocoa Butter LI
    Moisturizer:
    Whipped Shea Butter
    Oil/Sealant:
    EVCO, Jojoba
  • PuertoricangirlPuertoricangirl Posts: 428Registered Users
    Tresseme naturals silicone free conditioner 💗 I use it to detangle and leave it in before styling
    3A/3B Fine/Medium curly, Low Porosity, Medium density, long length.

*Shampoo & Conditioner: Shea Moisture Coconut and Hibiscus Curl and shine
    *Leave-in: Kinky Curly Knot Today and GVP Condtioning Balm
    *Cream Stylers: Shea Moisture Curl enhancing smoothie, Coconut and hibiscus styling milk
    Gels: L.A Looks Sports Gel, and Kinky Curly Curling Custard
    *Serum: Curly Hair Solutions Curl Keeper

:blob7:
  • mermaidwavesmermaidwaves Posts: 41Registered Users
    GVP balm has tons of slip for me, and it's available at Sally's for under $10. It's supposed to be a dupe of the Matrix Biolage conditioning balm, but I actually like the GVP version much better. My absolute, no questions asked, HG is Curl Junkie rehab. It's a DC (although you can use it as often as you want) and unfortunately you do have to buy it online and it isn't cheap, but it is just something else! Also I noticed that if I seal my hair with even just a dab of coconut oil, tangled just don't happen.
    Just starting CG! 5-13

2A, fine, dense, high porosity, highlighted

low-poo: Leonor Greyl bain vitalisant b*
    co-wash: CJ smoothing*
    RO: ^, SS Caitlin's*
    DT: CJ rehab
    LI: CJ rehab
    stylers: CJ CCCC*
    oils: coconut

*experimenting
    HG

loves: aloe, oils, esp. coconut :love10:
    hates: acv, baking soda
    on the fence about polyquats
  • hambo02hambo02 Posts: 480Registered Users
    kinky curly knot today but its 12 bucks ;/
  • curlicious13curlicious13 Posts: 1,632Registered Users
    I like the Jane carter leave in. It's a spray but has a detangle in it & will protect your hair from the sun.
  • Always@nightAlways@night Posts: 566Registered Users
    Sami wrote: »
    I'm late, but I just wanted to add Herbal Essences Hello Hydration. It's thick and rich and wonderul at detangling!! Not only that, but it makes my hair shiny and soft. Definitely my HG :)

+1
  • SamanthascurlzSamanthascurlz Posts: 1,082Registered Users
    JewelCurls wrote: »

I second this with the Yes to Carrots!
    CG, High Porosity, Fine, Low Density, Medium Elasticity
    Suave, V05, GF Go clean gel, ACV rinses, CO, and Gelatine PT.
    [URL="[url=http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/members/samanthascurlz-albums-evolvement-my-hair.html]Curls[/url]"][/url]Curls
  • teewalk21teewalk21 Posts: 32Registered Users
    I absolutely love Trader Joe's Tea Tree Tingle Condish. It had great slip and it's only $4! Works great with finger detangling my mainly 3c curls.
  • curlicious13curlicious13 Posts: 1,632Registered Users
    I have found my HG cheap co wash conditioner!!! Garnier fruictis strength & length. It sulfate & non water soluble silicone free. Gives great slip & my hair smells good. Leaves my hair fluffy & soft.
  • caramix3acaramix3a Posts: 460Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    @curlicious13: Is the Length & Strength Conditioner good as a rinse-out one, and is it very moisturizing, or does it have a lot of protein in it? I already have my co-wash one that I've been using for a long time, the Suave Naturals Tropical Coconut one. Thanks!:)