What is global warming?

jenfitzjenfitz Posts: 121Registered Users
I know what recycling is and I believe in recycling but I don't know what global warming is exaclty.

Comments

• juicyfruitjuicyfruit Posts: 751Registered Users
    Global warming means that the average temperature of the Earth is increasing over time. Climate scientists have linked global warming and other types of climate change to increased carbon dioxide and other "greenhouse gases", that have come about through human activity.

Here's a link

Basic Information | Climate Change | U.S. EPA
  • Who Me?Who Me? Posts: 3,181Registered Users
    juicyfruit wrote: »
    Global warming means that the average temperature of the Earth is increasing over time. Climate scientists have linked global warming and other types of climate change to increased carbon dioxide and other "greenhouse gases", that have come about through human activity.

Here's a link

Basic Information | Climate Change | U.S. EPA

Yes, but it's important to note that it's the AVERAGE temperature that's increasing, which has the effect of severe weather--both hot and cold temperatures--and storms. It's a terrible "marketing" mistake that it's called global warming, because the ignorant experience a cold day and use it as "proof" against global warming, when actually its pretty solid evidence.
    "I don't know! I don't know why I did it, I don't know why I enjoyed it, and I don't know why I'll do it again!" -BART SIMPSON

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file