Honey Mister

Touch.of.inkTouch.of.ink Registered Users Posts: 297
So, I had this mister from a sample toner. I didn't like the toner (it made me break out), so I dumped it out, rinsed, and made a honey mister. (Filled the spray bottle with distilled water and added a little dollup of honey.)

You know how when the day is hot and arid, and you just need a little mist pick me up? And you spray this light mist on your hair?

You know what you get? Yup, a sticky face, neck, arms, and clothes. My hair is probably sticky too, but I can't tell. I'm not all that sticky, but just enough that I notice it.

I might try again with less honey, because I have a shallow learning curve when it comes to my hair :)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Hair: Very fine, normal porous (Finally! Yay!), normal elasticity, loves high dew points.
Daily: Nature's Gate Tea Tree shampoo, GVP CB, Cure Care conditioner, aloe vera gel, Jessicurls products, Spiral Solutions products.
Monthly: Henna
As needed: John Masters Organics Sea Mist
HG Product: BioSilk Rock Hard Gelee (aka BRHG. It even has HG in the name!)
Last perm: 12/10/10
CG since: 3/9/12
Last haircut: 4/17/12
Gossamer Fringe (my blog)

Comments

• HairObsessedHairObsessed Registered Users Posts: 138 Curl Connoisseur
    Oooh, you sound like a bear's dream come true, covered in all that honey. ;)

Maybe you could try a little bit of conditioner instead of honey?
    Wave Pattern: 2A
    Hair Properties: Normal/Low Porosity, Medium Density, Medium Texture w/Fine Straight Underlayer
    Co-wash: Suave Naturals, Cure Care
    Low-poo: Renpure Brazilian Keratin
    Rinse Out & Leave In: Tresemme Naturals
    Gel: LA Looks Mega Mega Hold Gel, Garnier Fructis Spray Gel
  • Touch.of.inkTouch.of.ink Registered Users Posts: 297
    Oooh, you sound like a bear's dream come true, covered in all that honey. ;)

Maybe you could try a little bit of conditioner instead of honey?

Yup. If you hear of a bear in the suburbs in So Cal (we had one out here just the other day), you'll know it's because of the wonderful aroma coming from my hair/clothes/skin.

I've tried a little conditioner, but I'm doing something wrong, because I can't get it to work. (Or, because subconsciously, I think it's coming out wrong because I was raised to make sure you rinse all the conditioner out of your hair.)

Early programming, Sometimes no matter how you try, you never get over it :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Hair: Very fine, normal porous (Finally! Yay!), normal elasticity, loves high dew points.
    Daily: Nature's Gate Tea Tree shampoo, GVP CB, Cure Care conditioner, aloe vera gel, Jessicurls products, Spiral Solutions products.
  • CubanwavyCubanwavy Registered Users Posts: 293
    I'd be worried about bees, if I had honey in my hair!
    Cubanwavy wrote: »
    I'd be worried about bees, if I had honey in my hair!

Bees and I have a deal, they don't bother me and I don't bother them. (Which means when they fly by me, I don't wave or swat at them :))

I understand they're just hard working girls in a tough world :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • HairObsessedHairObsessed Registered Users Posts: 138 Curl Connoisseur
    Whoa! Bet that bear was there looking for some honey!

I was kinda weirded out by using my rinse out conditioner as a leave it, but my not-so-dried out ends put a stop to thinking it was weird. :)

Thus far for misting, I've only tried was a mixture of water, a tiny bit of conditioner, sea salt, and a tiny bit of gel. It was a disaster and made my hair really fluffy. Ick.
    Wave Pattern: 2A
    Hair Properties: Normal/Low Porosity, Medium Density, Medium Texture w/Fine Straight Underlayer
    Co-wash: Suave Naturals, Cure Care
    Low-poo: Renpure Brazilian Keratin
    Rinse Out & Leave In: Tresemme Naturals
    Gel: LA Looks Mega Mega Hold Gel, Garnier Fructis Spray Gel
    Whoa! Bet that bear was there looking for some honey!

I was kinda weirded out by using my rinse out conditioner as a leave it, but my not-so-dried out ends put a stop to thinking it was weird. :)

Thus far for misting, I've only tried was a mixture of water, a tiny bit of conditioner, sea salt, and a tiny bit of gel. It was a disaster and made my hair really fluffy. Ick.

Hmm... I might have to try that. I think I want some fluffy hair.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • swtndspcyswtndspcy Registered Users Posts: 692
    Veg. Glycerin is cheap and relatively easy to find. It's what's in most bought refresher sprays. Of course it can backfire in less than ideal dews. AVJ or AVG is also a possibility. That is usually found in refresher sprays.
    But I have tried honey and agave in misters, they always feel sticky or give holy crap crunch that only an oil will break.

Sent from my iPod touch using CurlTalk. Excuse typos!
  • WurlyLoxWurlyLox Registered Users Posts: 4,858 Curl Neophyte
    A dollop of Re:Coil in water works well for me, since I'm often wanting to revive/reinforce curls. But I also like about a tablespoon FOTE AVG in water. Haven't tried combining the two, LOL. I just keep the former on hand mostly now since that's what I already have mixed up for super soakering after I wash my hair.

A little Deva Set it Free also works well, but I wouldn't go out and buy it just for that. It also builds up if I do it too much, making me have to wash my hair sooner than I might otherwise - probably due to the beeswax it contains.

None of these make it crunchy unless you really wet the hair with it so that your gel or other styling products are totally reactivated.
    2C/3A/3B - modified CG - fairly fine now, normal/low porosity/normal elasticity

Current Main Rotation: MG217 medicated or Aim2Health 'poos for scalp, Elucence cond., Spiral Solutions Protein & Deeply Decadent Cond., CJCCCC reg or lite,CJ Pattern Pusha,, Giovanni LA Hold Hair Spritz + lots more, sporadically

HG Method: Super Soaker + Smasters-ing, brief upside down diffusing w/360o diffuser then clips/clamps & air dry. Newly gray - stopped my henna glosses!

www.fotki.com/auntnett

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file