CurlTalk

Boot cut jeans and flat heeled shoes?

CurlswirlCurlswirl Posts: 526Registered Users
Is that a fashion mistake? What shoes/boots do you wear with boot cut jeans?

Comments

• eche428eche428 Posts: 2,782Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Curlswirl wrote: »
    Is that a fashion mistake? What shoes/boots do you wear with boot cut jeans?

I don't think so but that's pretty much my go to outfit.

ETA: I've never worn skimpy little flats with bootcuts though but I do wear sandles if it's an appropriate occassion.
    < member since 2006 (no idea where 1969 came from :toothy10:).

[FONT=&quot]Med/high porosity; color treated; med [FONT=&quot]d[/FONT]ensity 2c/3a.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Summer: (high dew point) co-wash [FONT=&quot]& leave-in [/FONT]Matrix Biolage Cleansing Conditioner for Curly Hair[FONT=&quot]. [/FONT]Ouidad Climate Control Heat & Humidity Gel.[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Spring and Fall: (perfect dew point) co-wash & leave-in Curl Junkie Repair Me! or [FONT=&quot]CJ [/FONT]BeautiCurls Strengthening Hair Conditioner; f[FONT=&quot]ollo[/FONT]wed by [FONT=&quot]CJ Pattern Pusha & [/FONT]Curl Queen.[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot] W[/FONT]inter: (low dew point) add in [FONT=&quot]CJ [/FONT]Coffee-Coco Curl Creme Lite[FONT=&quot].[/FONT][/FONT]
  • medussamedussa Posts: 12,993Registered Users
    Bootcut jeans with ballet flats don't do me any favors. They make me look dumpy.
    I forgot to answer your other question. I wear boots in colder weather and some type wedge/platform sandal in warmer weather.
  • ursulaursula Posts: 1,461Registered Users
    Like medussa, flats with bootcuts would be unflattering on me because I'm only 5' 4". Well, 5' 4" on a good day. :lol: I usually wear wedge sandals with them in the summer and boots with a heel (anything more substantial than a stiletto) during the other seasons.

ETA: I don't think flats with bootcuts is a fashion faux pas if you can pull it off.
    In search of a lost signature...
  • CurlswirlCurlswirl Posts: 526Registered Users
    Thanks for your opinions! It sounds like flats are a bad I idea with bootcut jeans but wedge heels on shoes and sandals are okay?

What about shoes like these with bootcut jeans?
    Clarks Un.loop Olive Oiled Nubuck - 6pm.com

They are very comfortable but on the bulky side so I thought boot cuts could hide the bulk a bit.
  • eche428eche428 Posts: 2,782Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Curlswirl wrote: »
    Thanks for your opinions! It sounds like flats are a bad I idea with bootcut jeans but wedge heels on shoes and sandals are okay?

What about shoes like these with bootcut jeans?
    Clarks Un.loop Olive Oiled Nubuck - 6pm.com

They are very comfortable but on the bulky side so I thought boot cuts could hide the bulk a bit.

Those are really close to the Keens I favor but I'm 5'10" so maybe that's why I like them so much. I don't wear heels or wedges very often because I am so tall. Guess that factors into the equation. :happy3:
    < member since 2006 (no idea where 1969 came from :toothy10:).

[FONT=&quot]Med/high porosity; color treated; med [FONT=&quot]d[/FONT]ensity 2c/3a.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Summer: (high dew point) co-wash [FONT=&quot]& leave-in [/FONT]Matrix Biolage Cleansing Conditioner for Curly Hair[FONT=&quot]. [/FONT]Ouidad Climate Control Heat & Humidity Gel.[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Spring and Fall: (perfect dew point) co-wash & leave-in Curl Junkie Repair Me! or [FONT=&quot]CJ [/FONT]BeautiCurls Strengthening Hair Conditioner; f[FONT=&quot]ollo[/FONT]wed by [FONT=&quot]CJ Pattern Pusha & [/FONT]Curl Queen.[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot] W[/FONT]inter: (low dew point) add in [FONT=&quot]CJ [/FONT]Coffee-Coco Curl Creme Lite[FONT=&quot].[/FONT][/FONT]
  • SariaSaria Posts: 15,963Registered Users
    I wear 'em and I'm only 5'4".
    por-que-no-te-callas.jpg
  • CurlswirlCurlswirl Posts: 526Registered Users
    Do you wear em' with bootcut jeans?
  • SCGSCG Posts: 5,416Registered Users
    I wear flats with my boot cut jeans all the time. I'm 5' 2''. I don't think I look dumpy! I think it's a nice, polished look, actually.

ETA: Just to specify - I wear ballet flats.

"And death is at your doorstep
    And it will steal your innocence
    But it will not steal your substance
    But you are not alone in this"

“My ability to turn good news into anxiety is rivaled only by my ability to turn anxiety into chin acne.” - Tina Fey
    Yes. I like very specific types of flats with them, though. I think some look odd.
    por-que-no-te-callas.jpg
  • kat180kat180 Posts: 6,280Registered Users
    Damn - thats what I wear most days - flats with bootcut jeans. All 5'3" of me :)
  • FieryCurlsFieryCurls Posts: 2,904Registered Users
    I either wear boot cut or skinny jeans and flats, especially ballet, are pretty much all that I wear. I'm 5' 1.5" and I don't look dumpy.
    2qhtm5.png

WNckm6.png
  • spring1onuspring1onu Posts: 16,528Registered Users
    I have nothing to offer other than I swear all y'all look taller in your pictures.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

spring-smiley.gif?1292867680

Byron,GA> Charleston, SC> Jacksonville, FL> Guilford, CT> Rohnert Park, CA! A southern drawl in sunny Cali! . :D
    The amount of time from slipping on the peel and landing on the pavement is exactly one bananosecond.
    I do have a secret yen for pink in unexpected places. ~ninja dog
    I've decided that I'll never get down to my original weight, and I'm OK with that--After all, 8 pounds 2 oz. is just not realistic.
    spring1onu wrote: »
    I have nothing to offer other than I swear all y'all look taller in your pictures.

I think I look pretty short, but I would have sworn SCG was taller than she is, and FieryCurls.
    por-que-no-te-callas.jpg
  • Like.AustraliaLike.Australia Posts: 2,544Registered Users
    I think flats look fine with bootcut jeans. If the bootcut jeans are too long, then yes, it could look dumpy because they'd be dragging or scrunched, but if they fit you, it should be fine.

ETA: I'm only 5' and I wear flats almost exclusively. It's true that I own a lot of heels, but I hate wearing them. Perhaps those purchases were part of my misspent youth. :)
    I'm sure all of you short women are rockin' your bootcuts and flats.

I just know how I look in bootcuts and ballet flats and I'm not a fan of the look for myself. For my body type the winning combinations are bootcut, with a heel of some sort, and skinny/straight-leg jeans with ballet flats.
  • kat180kat180 Posts: 6,280Registered Users
    Cardinal sin: I have bootcuts that are too long but Im too lazy to get them taken up. So I roll them up and then wear them with flats.

I'm a rebel. Oh yeah.
  • FieryCurlsFieryCurls Posts: 2,904Registered Users
    Saria wrote: »

I think I look pretty short, but I would have sworn SCG was taller than she is, and FieryCurls.

I definitely think I look very short.

He's 6' even and he towers over me. I do have my knees bent just a tiny bit in this pic, but it's still pretty accurate in showing what we look like together.

Lilly232-vi.jpg
    2qhtm5.png

WNckm6.png
  • NorahBuggNorahBugg Posts: 134Registered Users
    Since I'm so short, most of my boot cut jeans are too long so I have no choice but to wear them with heeled shoes. I saw a lady in church with boot cut jeans and ballet flats with little studs on them. It was so cute!
  • xcptnlxcptnl Posts: 15,678Registered Users
    SCG wrote: »
    I wear flats with my boot cut jeans all the time. I'm 5' 2''. I don't think I look dumpy! I think it's a nice, polished look, actually.

ETA: Just to specify - I wear ballet flats.

I wear bootcuts with flats (ballet flats as well and flip flops :)). I am 5'7ish"

I also wear them with straight/skinny jeans.

I am all crazy like that :)
    Central Massachusetts

One good reason to only maintain a small circle of friends is that three out of four murders are committed by people who know the victim. ~George Carlin~

In regards to Vagazzling: They just want to get into the goods without worrying about getting scratched up by fake crystals. ~spring1onu~

Maybe it's because most of the pictures I've seen, y'all aren't with anyone else for comparison. Saria, you were the one I was most shocked to see your height because I thought you were tall. :lol: Or maybe I knew and my horrible memory is stepping in again.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Byron,GA> Charleston, SC> Jacksonville, FL> Guilford, CT> Rohnert Park, CA! A southern drawl in sunny Cali! . :D
    The amount of time from slipping on the peel and landing on the pavement is exactly one bananosecond.
    I've decided that I'll never get down to my original weight, and I'm OK with that--After all, 8 pounds 2 oz. is just not realistic.
    Just realized the one pair of jeans I own are bootcut and I wear them with whatever I feel like putting on my foot, mostly flip flops if it's warm. My feet hurt so bad so quickly I don't own many shoes because most are uncomfortable to me if I walk for any length of time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• SCGSCG Posts: 5,416Registered Users

:happy2:

New favorite person.

"And death is at your doorstep
    And it will steal your innocence
    But it will not steal your substance
    But you are not alone in this"

“My ability to turn good news into anxiety is rivaled only by my ability to turn anxiety into chin acne.” - Tina Fey
  • JayneeJaynee Posts: 2,039Registered Users
    I'm 5' tall and I wear flats and boot cut jeans all the time. I rarely wear heels other than heeled boots to work a couple of times a week.

• spiderman5000spiderman5000 Posts: 673Registered Users
    I wear flats with bootcuts all the time only because I'm 6 feet tall. If I ever get the nerve and find an awesome heel that's hot and not too high, and a great pair of jeans, I MIGHT wear heels and jeans. Keyword: might. :)
  • luvscurlzluvscurlz Posts: 109Registered Users
    It's not the best look, it can read a little frumpy especially if you're short. Wedges are very flattering with bootcut jeans and practically just as comfy as flats.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

www.lenasblend.com
  • JosephineJosephine Posts: 14,175Registered Users
    I wear a low heel. It's hard for wedges to fit into bootcut jeans or anything thick. If I'm going out at night and they are long I wear long skinny heels.
  • MunchyMunchy Posts: 5,206Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I think it just depends on how big the "boot cut" is. A lot of jeans now say boot cut but they're more like straight legs or have a slight flare.

If they're very wide at the bottom, I look short regardless of what shoes I'm wearing.

I'm also under 5' tall.
  • jeepcurlygurljeepcurlygurl Posts: 19,250Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    5'4" I wear flats/flip flops/sandals with boot cut, flare, straight, skinny jeans. I've never been a slave to fashion so I wear what feels good and what I think looks good on me.

ETA I've never understood why short = dumpy or unflattering. If clothes fit properly, they should be no different on a short, medium, or tall person.
    --I'm located in Western PA.
    --I found NC in late 2004, CG since February 2005, started going grey in late 2005.
    --My hair is 3B with some 3A, texture-medium/fine, porosity-normal except for the ends which are porous, elasticity-normal.
    --My long time favorite products are Suave & VO5 conditioners, LA Looks Sport Gel, oils, honey, vinegar.
    --My CG and grey hair progress -- http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/going-gray/179328-jeepys-grey-hair-progress.html
  • luvscurlzluvscurlz Posts: 109Registered Users
    Munchy wrote: »
    I think it just depends on how big the "boot cut" is. A lot of jeans now say boot cut but they're more like straight legs or have a slight flare.

If they're very wide at the bottom, I look short regardless of what shoes I'm wearing.

I'm also under 5' tall.

If you get jeans in a dark wash and make sure the hem covers about 3 quarters of your shoes and wear high platforms or wedges it'll elongate you...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

www.lenasblend.com