CurlTalk

My old HG

swtndspcyswtndspcy Posts: 692Registered Users
Out of curiosity I tried my pre-cg HG mousse yesterday. All I can say is YUCK! I don't know why I loved this stuff so much. Stringy, producty, dry hair. I can't wait to wash this stuff out. I tried super soaking and scrunching in a lot of thick condish, but still it's just, ew.
I'm so glad I found better options!



Sent from my iPod touch using CurlTalk. Excuse typos!

Comments

  • lcl0706lcl0706 Posts: 959Registered Users
    Haha, what was it? I used to live by VO5 mousse in the red can before CG. Silciones with a capital S.
    :wave: fine, thin, normal/(low?) porosity. Mod-CG. Usually I can't co-wash more than 1x a week, & sometimes I have to use T-Gel in rotation due to scalp issues.

    Co-wash: VO5 Volumizing
    Poo: Giovanni 50:50
    RO:TN, Nexxus Youth Renewal, Alba Coconut
    LI: KCKT
    PT: gelatin PT, ION EC
    Stylers: Giovanni mousse, TIGI Curls Rock amplifier (a-cone), Curls Rock Strong Hold Mousse
    Gels: SCC spray gel

    hairsiggy-4-1.jpg
  • IAgirlIAgirl Posts: 2,540Registered Users
    Like meeting some people you used to know and thinking - how could I possibly ever have gotten along with these people?
  • Touch.of.inkTouch.of.ink Posts: 297Registered Users
    swtndspcy wrote: »
    Out of curiosity I tried my pre-cg HG mousse yesterday. All I can say is YUCK! I don't know why I loved this stuff so much. Stringy, producty, dry hair. I can't wait to wash this stuff out. I tried super soaking and scrunching in a lot of thick condish, but still it's just, ew.
    I'm so glad I found better options!



    Sent from my iPod touch using CurlTalk. Excuse typos!

    It works the other way, too. Something you tried when you first went CG and said, "Yuck". You try it again now, and it's "Wow!" :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Hair: Very fine, normal porous (Finally! Yay!), normal elasticity, loves high dew points.
    Daily: Nature's Gate Tea Tree shampoo, GVP CB, Cure Care conditioner, aloe vera gel, Jessicurls products, Spiral Solutions products.
    Monthly: Henna
    As needed: John Masters Organics Sea Mist
    HG Product: BioSilk Rock Hard Gelee (aka BRHG. It even has HG in the name!)
    Last perm: 12/10/10
    CG since: 3/9/12
    Last haircut: 4/17/12
    Gossamer Fringe (my blog)
  • swtndspcyswtndspcy Posts: 692Registered Users
    lcl0706 wrote: »
    Haha, what was it? I used to live by VO5 mousse in the red can before CG. Silciones with a capital S.

    It was Got2B kinkier mousse. It's funny because I loved it so much and was freaking out because I couldn't find it in stores around here. So I went online to find it and that's when I stumbled on to NC.com. Lol


    Sent from my iPod touch using CurlTalk. Excuse typos!
  • swtndspcyswtndspcy Posts: 692Registered Users
    IAgirl wrote: »
    Like meeting some people you used to know and thinking - how could I possibly ever have gotten along with these people?

    Exactly!


    Sent from my iPod touch using CurlTalk. Excuse typos!
  • proudcurlygirlyproudcurlygirly Posts: 478Registered Users
    :mrgreen: Great thread. Yep, I bet if I tried some of the mousses and gels I used pre-CG that I thought made my hair look great, I would be shocked at how yucky they would feel now! Just goes to show how much you learn about your curls here!

    Thanks NC.com for all I've learned (so far!:laughing6:)
    :icon_smile: UK Curly
    Curl type : Boticelli, 3a, loose curls
    Porosity : High
    Texture : Fine/medium (I think!)
    Co-wash/rinse out/leave in : L'oreal Full Restore 5, GFR&S, Schwarzkopf Bio Pomegranite
    Gels : Umberto Giannini Flirty Curls Scrunching Jelly
    Finish product : Boots Naked Style Frizz Fighter Serum or a pea-sized blob of condish smoothed over canopy
    CG since Feb 2011