2a/b product suggestions please!

WavyShmavyWavyShmavy Registered Users Posts: 5
Hello all -

I don't post much but lurk often.

My hair is 2a on top and becomes more of a 2b toward the ends, especially when my hair is on the longer side. (It's been short/medium length for quite some time.)

I've been co-washing for quite some time now...at least 2 years and I tried using Suave coconut condish among others from the Suave Naturals line. They are all WAY too heavy for my hair. I've recently switched to the Tea Therapy cowash by VO5. My hair likes this line much better. I can't ever EVER go even one day without cowashing as I have a very oily scalp and work out often.

I don't usually use any product at all in my hair. I don't usually need any. I plop after my shower in the evenings and either lay my hair over my pillow or pineapple. I usually have very little frizz but also kinda dead waves. I've been much more focused on the health of my hair overall then how to make it look its best each day.

I am thinking of using some type of gel or mousse to give the waves a bit more definition without weighing my hair down.

My hair is EXTREMELY sensitive to product. I feel like I've tried 100 different types of gels and mousse's but none of them ever work. All too heavy. I've even mixed equal parts gel and water in a spritz bottle and even that leaves me looking greasy.

Do any of you lovely ladies have any product recommendations for hair like mine?

I've attached two photos of my naked hair after 85% air dry.

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Comments

• raindearraindear Registered Users Posts: 356 Curl Neophyte
    My hair is medium/fine, normal porosity, and normal elasticity, and three products that I like are:

Smooth and Shine Curl Activator Gel
    LA Looks Nutra Curl
    Kinky Curly Curling Custard

They all dry with a gel cast, but it scrunches out very easily. Smooth and Shine and Nutra Curl both have protein. If you have been having trouble finding a gel that your hair likes, maybe your hair isn't liking the protein, you might want to check this thread for options:

http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/general-discussion-about-curly-hair/143293-why-why-why-do-all-most-affordable-gels-have-protein-them.html

Good luck on your quest.
    Be Happy!

Type:2b/3ab?
    Texture:Medium/fine
    Porosity:Normal
    Elasticity:Normal

Experimenting with too many products to name here. All this great info keeps my head spinning. :happy6:
  • kimmidawnkimmidawn Registered Users Posts: 900
    If your hair is fine, and you want to try a mousse, lots of wavies have raved about Noodlehead Mousse (available at Sally's). I haven't tried it myself, but I've read lots of good reviews.
    2b, fine texture, normal porosity & elasticity (CG as of 12/2011)

Low-poo: UFD Rich & Funky
    Cowash: VO5 Kiwi Lime
    RO: Tresemme Naturals, Aubrey Organics GPB, Ion Effective Care, MillCreek Keratin
    PT/DT: IAgirl's PT, GVP CB
    LI: KCKT, Cure Care, CJ CCCC Lite
    Styling: Curl Keeper, As I Am Jelly, UFD Curly Magic, CJ Curl Queen, TIGI Strong Hold Mousse

http://public.fotki.com/kdawn12/

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ^^ day 1 of going CG; avatar = 6 months later
  • WavyShmavyWavyShmavy Registered Users Posts: 5
    Thank you both!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file