We’d like your help getting CurlTalk back on its feet!

By participating on CurlTalk — posting, commenting, liking — in the next few weeks, you will automatically be entered to win amazing prizes.

Our latest winner is Savagegirl!

CurlyCanadian, Bomega and EllaJ have also won wonderful prizes! Will you be next? Post, like, comment, GET ACTIVE and help us get CurlTalk ENERGIZED again!

Learn more!

Teased hair and Aquanet

CubanwavyCubanwavy Posts: 293Registered Users
Remember teased hair and Aquanet hairspray. OMG, I used to do that everyday and would brush it out a night. No wonder I thought I had horrible hair. It was horrible.

Comments

• jeepcurlygurljeepcurlygurl Posts: 19,796Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Virtuoso
    Oh my goodness I never teased my hair. It would have been impossible to comb it out again.
    But I do love the look of a good beehive hairdo! : )
    --I'm located in Western PA.
    --I found NC in late 2004, CG since February 2005, joined the forums in May 2005, started going grey in late 2005.
    --My hair is 3B with some 3A, currently at mid back length when dry,  texture-medium/fine, porosity-top is low, middle is medium, ends are porous, elasticity-normal.
    --My long time favorite products are Suave & VO5 conditioners, LA Looks Sport Gel, coconut oil, honey, vinegar.
    --My CG and grey hair progress -- http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/going-gray/179328-jeepys-grey-hair-progress.html
    --My article at NaturallyCurly about going grey. Yes, it's in the senior section. : / -- https://www.naturallycurly.com/curlreading/seniors/how-i-went-completely-gray-and-loved-it
  • anonymous_22139anonymous_22139 Posts: 659Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I had a sister that did the whole ratting and hairspray. She also bleached her hair into a very, very pale ashy white.

It's probably a good thing she kept it shorter than 4" at its longest part.

Remember all the scary stories about black widows nests, starting yourself on fire, or actual rats living in hair ratted beehive hairdo's?

By the time I became a teen, all I wanted was sleek, long, center parted hair. Alas, it was never to be.:hippy2:
  • jeepcurlygurljeepcurlygurl Posts: 19,796Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Virtuoso
    My nephew's pet rat did get stuck in my hair once. But it was just my regular old hair, nothing teased and no hair spray. : )
    --I'm located in Western PA.
    --I found NC in late 2004, CG since February 2005, joined the forums in May 2005, started going grey in late 2005.
    --My hair is 3B with some 3A, currently at mid back length when dry,  texture-medium/fine, porosity-top is low, middle is medium, ends are porous, elasticity-normal.
    --My long time favorite products are Suave & VO5 conditioners, LA Looks Sport Gel, coconut oil, honey, vinegar.
    --My CG and grey hair progress -- http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/going-gray/179328-jeepys-grey-hair-progress.html
    --My article at NaturallyCurly about going grey. Yes, it's in the senior section. : / -- https://www.naturallycurly.com/curlreading/seniors/how-i-went-completely-gray-and-loved-it
  • caramix3acaramix3a Posts: 460Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Never did either one, thank goodness!:)
  • rbbrbb Posts: 4,210Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    jeep -- isn't 'pet rat' an oxymoron? LOL! how scary!
    i never did the tease/aquanet thing either, but i do remember those stories! the one i remember is a nest of some type of bug living in someone's teased hair.....
    anyone watching the mad men series? i'm doing the older seasons from library dvds. i was not an adult at that time, but i do remember lots of stuff, the white gloves, the smoking.... i think it is very accurate. it seems so bizzare. and throw in the teasing/aquanet, which the ladies on mad men seemed to have escaped! LOL!

3a, some 2c & 3b, medium texture, porosity normal, low elasticity :-(
    washing/cowashing, conditioning, protein tx: curl junkie products
    leave in:curl junkie conditioners and treatments as leave in
    styling: curl junkie 
    sealants - jane carter nourish & shine
  • CubanwavyCubanwavy Posts: 293Registered Users
    I get a kick out of the hairdo's on the old Lawrence Welk reruns!
  • curlisue1curlisue1 Posts: 493Registered Users Curl Novice
    I remember smoking while plastering my hair into submission. I'm amazed I didn't catch on fire!!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file