new to cg and need advice

crecre Registered Users Posts: 1
Hello all,

hopefully I can get some good advice, Im new to cg and im transitioning to my natural curls, Ive never had a relaxer or anything, but I have been blowdrying and straightening my hair for quite a long time, I am 2.5 months in and I am losing my patience, this curl type business is quite frustrating lol, nonetheless I am hanging in there. I am trying to do as much research as possible for my hair type but im not even sure what that really is lol, ive been using the shea moisture line so far, and i like the way it cleanses my hair but i dont think theres enough moisture and when my hair dries after using the products the only part of my hair that really curls is the very front and back and underneath my canopy, my canopy doesnt seem to be curling so much it waves and then once it dries it sort of frizzes, ive done braiding, twisting and bantu knots but when it dries there is no definition in my canopy it frizzes. my hair when it was straight was about to the middle of my back ive cut it and now its shoulder length pretty much basically i just want to know what are the best products to use during my transition and what could i do to get my canopy to start curling?

i think i am 4a/4b
im using sheaoisture curl enhancing smoothie the restoring shampoo and conditioner i wash 2-3 times a week and condition pretty much everyday

Comments

• Sweet_CurlsSweet_Curls Registered Users Posts: 16
    I have not been able to get the Shea Moisture products to work for me. They make my hair frizzy and undefined too. They also weigh my hair down. I use Tresemme Naturals conditioner as a leave-in. It leaves my hair shiny and moisturized for my wash and go. However, I have to use a little more product to tame the canopy. I think the canopy is a little more difficult because it is more exposed to the elements. I hope that helps! Good luck! :-)
    Natural since Dec. 2004:toothy8:

Check me out at:
    www.curllove.blogspot.com :love5:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file