Corioliss

savisasavisa Registered Users Posts: 4
Hello! I was at the mall the other day, and there is a Corioliss kiosk and of course they see me with my curls and get me over there and I actually couldn't believe my eyes. This thing smoothed my hair with one swipe and then she curled it with the iron. My hair never holds a curl after being flat ironed! Just wondering if anyone here owns a corioliss and what are your results? Is it worth the money and any advice you can give would be great!

Thanks. :P
3b ringlets inspired by Small Talk a product of Tigi Bed Head.

Comments

• curlycaramelcurlycaramel Registered Users Posts: 472
    I have a pair of corioliss and in my opinion they are the best straighteners i have used. I remember when there was all this hype about flat irons and everyone was going crazy over GHD's my friend used hers on my hair and it took a lot for them to warm up, she had to go over my hair more than once and even though it was straight it was puffy and frizzy.

I got sucked in by a woman at the mall too, she said they'd work great on my hair and all the usual talk so my mama bought them for me. and they actually are really good. what i like about them is the end of them is curved where as the ghd's are straight, not as easy to burn your ears!
    i say go head and get them!
    Long thick curls, mix of 3b/3c
  • savisasavisa Registered Users Posts: 4
    Thanks for your input! I really like the curved feature too because I like to add some hollywood waves at my layers :!:

I think I will "go get em"!
    3b ringlets inspired by Small Talk a product of Tigi Bed Head.
  • LadyLibra1982LadyLibra1982 Registered Users Posts: 203
    i think it is a good straightener, but i don't buy into the hype that it's "healthy" for your hair. i think too many people believe that and end up with serious heat damage.

but yeah, other than that... i think it's a great styling tool. i hope you enjoy it! :D
    Lady Libra
    3c/4a???
    i stick with the description "OS thready thick"

my curly fro now is at collarbone when straightened.... basically the length i had when i started transitioning! hooray for growth!!! =)
    i think it is a good straightener, but i don't buy into the hype that it's "healthy" for your hair. i think too many people believe that and end up with serious heat damage.

but yeah, other than that... i think it's a great styling tool. i hope you enjoy it! :D

:? People believe that straightners are "healthy"? I've never heard that one before.
  • LadyLibra1982LadyLibra1982 Registered Users Posts: 203

:? People believe that straightners are "healthy"? I've never heard that one before.

the big sales pitch i've heard the Corioliss people saying you can go from sopping wet curls to dry straight hair with no product using their flat iron, and that their full ceramic plates in addition to some other new-fangled technology exclusive to them actually makes your hair healthier and stronger every time you use it.

now, as i've said on another hair board that may just be the ones here in Indiana... but i just make it my personal responsibility to make sure no one actually buys into that crap. as long as you have common sense enough to protect your hair when you straighten though... i'm all for buying the Corioliss. :wink:
    Lady Libra
    3c/4a???
    i stick with the description "OS thready thick"

my curly fro now is at collarbone when straightened.... basically the length i had when i started transitioning! hooray for growth!!! =)
    Ah i see, i don't think the lady told me all that BS, but like you i thought it would be common sense that applying direct heat to your hair can not be healthy.
    I only straighten my hair maybe once or twice a year and that's protected every time :D
  • curlytwinmomcurlytwinmom Registered Users Posts: 1
    I was sucked in by the kiosk at the mall too, but had just read on another web site that Corioliss were available on ebay pretty reasonable. I got one for $29.99, I don't think it is the same one as the kiosk but I am very happy with it. :D
    Curly mom with 4 girls, twins with curls

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file