Devacut appt. this afternoon!

Auntie BubbsAuntie Bubbs Posts: 1,068Registered Users Curl Neophyte
Soooo.... I have an appt. in a few hours to get a Devacut at CA Styles here in so. CA (Ventura County). It's not at the Devachan salon where I'd like to have gone that did such a great job with Marcipie's cut :) because they're out of my budget, and CA Styles is closer for me. I have some trepedation because I've been to CA Styles before (more than once, and she did a good job, but she sometimes doesn't listen to what I am telling her I want, so the cut looks ok but isn't 100% what I went in hoping for. If that makes sense. She also isn't the most tactful person - she's the stylist who said the back of my head "looked like a buttcrack" when I hadn't SOTC (it was airdrying when I went in).

Still, I think if I keep things in hand and speak up more, which I don't always do, I can end up with a satisfactory appt.
And certainly, I can make sure I have a better appt. than the experience I had at Cappella Salon, which was a disaster.

I'll post before and after photos later!
That's me with FSG as my styler!!

3b. fine & thick, coarse, dry, medium porosity. Sucks up product and loves ACVs! FSG is my HG!

Currently using:
Low Poo: TJ's Refresh No Poo: CoWash w/VO-5; Sonoma Soap Company sulfate-free poo
RO: Yes to Cuc; SSC Lavender Condish; Sally GVP LI: Donna Marie Miracle D&C
Style: FSG w/Aussie Instant Freeze & CIAB

Comments

• MirCurlsMirCurls Posts: 2,660Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    def looking forward to the b/a pics. :D BEST LUCK!
    3a3b
    Natural since 11/25/09
    Then: fine, superdry, non-elastic, porous
    Now: medium, dry, elastic, lower porosity, BSL

Curl Junkie Conditions!
    Eden BW Cleansing Condish Rocks!

~CJ Protein Tx
    ; BEE-U-Ti-Ful Deep Condish
    ~SMasters Method; Pixie-curling
    Dumped clumps for VOLUME!

Marchioness Mir, Magister of Moisturization & Mystic of the Lofty Crown in the Order of the Curly Crusaders
  • Auntie BubbsAuntie Bubbs Posts: 1,068Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Mir, where ya been!!! I've missed you!

I had a very good experience yesterday :) Which I'll go into detail about later. But let me just tell you all that I'm such a scatterbrain, that after promising pictures, I forgot to take them!

I had alot going on yesterday though. It was my mom's 61ist birthday, and on top of all that, she's been trying to get her house spruced up for my younger sister's bridal shower, so she hasn't had time for us (my sisters and I) to set aside for a family bbq for her or anything. So my dad took her out for dinner and we decided to just surprise her with a little dessert get-together after dinner. I had to get her favorite pie yesterday. I had some other errands to run too. And go get my hair cut.
    Well, in the midst of all that, after I got the darn pie, and was riving up to the salon (it's about 30 minutes from me), my sister calls (the other curly one, lol) to tell me not to get the pie (my mom has this one particular pie she loves) because apparently her coworkers bought her like two of them! But I'd already got the pie.
    So I was stressed and annoyed over pie, and forgot everything about pictures. :D
    Anyway, my appt. at the salon went well. I have to redo my hair today becuase I slept on it - I usually sleep in a cap but last night I didn't because I wanted to play with it today anyway. I'll take pictures after I do it today. She was very good about not using Deva on me since she knew I wasn't crazy about the line, she used Enjoy instead. I liked the Enjoy curl cream, it was very moisturizing, but the price is not in my budget unfortunately. If I saw it on sale I wouldn't mind picking it up.
    She also did my eyebrows for me, which was nice, because I love to have them waxed, I'm very lazy with the tweezers ;) And even with all that, her prices are still very good.
    Last, we cleared the air about the "buttcrack" comment, which was good.

See, what I like is that, even though I had a less than positive experience with her the last time I was there (I don't say negative, but it was less than positive) she was nice, and openminded and made it better. I'll go to her again because she genuinely didn't mean for me to have a bad experience, and she is a good stylist who understands how to treat people.
    I had a negative experience at Cappella that was perpetuated by very shabby treatment by the owner, Shai, and he didn't understand that you don't treat people as if their unhappiness is their fault, and you don't make a situation worse by insults and name calling, and then ask them to come back and give you another chance. I mean, no way, I'm not stepping foot in your salon, even if you offer to do my hair for free. I don't want getting my hair done to be that stressful.

Luckily, Jessica at CA Styles did not make getting my hair done a stressful experience. So I'll be giving her a re-review that says, I went back and had a good experience, and I like my hair (and eyebrows :lol: ).

I'll post pictures later today, promise. It'll be of my own styling though!

3b. fine & thick, coarse, dry, medium porosity. Sucks up product and loves ACVs! FSG is my HG!

Currently using:
    Low Poo: TJ's Refresh No Poo: CoWash w/VO-5; Sonoma Soap Company sulfate-free poo
  • raindearraindear Posts: 356Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I am so glad this appointment went well for you. Waiting to see pics.
    Be Happy!

Type:2b/3ab?
    Texture:Medium/fine
    Porosity:Normal
    Elasticity:Normal

Experimenting with too many products to name here. All this great info keeps my head spinning. :happy6:
  • stacytrstacytr Posts: 33Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Yay for a positive haircut experience! :) I look forward to the pics.
    Stacy
    CG since spring '11 and still learning
    2c/3a (I think), high porosity, drugstore dyed (hate my gray!)
  • Auntie BubbsAuntie Bubbs Posts: 1,068Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Pics are coming, promise! I have a horrible, old phone that takes blurry little pictures, it's not a smart phone or anything, so I don't want to use that.
    My hair came out fabulous Wed. after I did it, I had 2nd day frizz Thursday, and looked good yesterday, but today its kind of blah. I'll see how it looks after I un-pinapple it :d

I forgot to mention though, that her prices are stellar. $55 for a cut. I mean, that's outrageously affordable. A cut at the salon from he!! is like $75 more than that. Ridiculous when you consider I paid $140 (after you add in tip) to be unhappy with my hair enough that I cried, and then, months later, to be called a liar and ridiculed by the owner.
    This time around I paid $95 total, cut, waxing, and tip, to be made happy. Such a difference.

Currently using:
  • MirCurlsMirCurls Posts: 2,660Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I just went through a "I don't wanna Curltalk" phase, cause really, I was just fine and happy with my hair, done trying stuff, etc. Now, just wanted to check in and see where the gals are at and what new stuff might be the rage. Though, I'm very happy with my old SS and Curl Junkie and AG stuff and Elucence stuff, seriously.

Yeah, take pics.

The only reason I don't try a Deva type dry cut--though I've been tempted--is that a few times a year, after going 18 months totally no-blow-out, I like to get it blown out. It lasts me 8 to 11 days--I have a dry scalp, so unless I sweat up a storm, my hair stays good for a while--of totally no fuss, get up and it's perfect hair.

I mean, that's such a nice break from "Oh, did I pineapple right and sleep on my curls right, let me refresh..."

I love my curls. My hubby adores my curls. But not having to fuss with hair at all, dang, that's like a vacation. :D
    3a3b
    Natural since 11/25/09
    Then: fine, superdry, non-elastic, porous
    Now: medium, dry, elastic, lower porosity, BSL

Curl Junkie Conditions!
    Eden BW Cleansing Condish Rocks!

~CJ Protein Tx
    ; BEE-U-Ti-Ful Deep Condish
    ~SMasters Method; Pixie-curling
    Dumped clumps for VOLUME!

Marchioness Mir, Magister of Moisturization & Mystic of the Lofty Crown in the Order of the Curly Crusaders
  • LeanneMLeanneM Posts: 211Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I'm so glad you had a positive experience this time! I still can't get over how the owner of that other salon treated you!
    Mod-CG since December 2010.
    Hair type: NC: 2A; FIA: 2cFii; Fine, normal porosity, normal elasticity
    Cleansing: CJ Cleansing Conditioner, Trader Joe's Tea Tree, or Deva No Poo
    Daily conditioner: Deva One C or CJ Beauticurls Strengthening Hair Cond or GPB
    Styling products: Deva B'Leave In + Deva Curl Cream + AnGel; or
    SS CEJ + BRHG; or AG: Recoil + BRHG; or KCKT + KCCC + BRHG
    Treatments: SS protein treatment or CJ Curl Fix or Nexxus Emergencee + CJ Curl Rehab

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file