I gained :(

picklesgirlpicklesgirl Registered Users Posts: 1,955
6 pounds this month. I don't get it I loose 4 pounds over Christmas but on a normal month I gain 6 what the heck. I'm just really frustrated because with baby number 1 I lost 15 pounds so I'm freaking out a bit
Mm59.jpg.png

.png

.png

Comments

• DarkAngelDarkAngel Registered Users Posts: 2,671 Curl Neophyte
    Sounds like you and Shelli have the same things on your mind right now. I know you don't want to hear it but the weight gain is normal. If you are eating okay and remaining semi-active, apparently your body and the little one needed that 6 pounds this month. Look at it this way, you are still at a negative two for the last two months.
    image.php?type=2&o=5&c=1&date=2009-10-07&babyname=Sebastian

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." -- Theodor Seuss Geisel
  • medussamedussa Registered Users Posts: 12,993
    How much have you gained in total?
  • picklesgirlpicklesgirl Registered Users Posts: 1,955
    medussa wrote:
    How much have you gained in total?

I've lost 2 haven't gained any. I'm just at the point where I can't afford to gain with this pregnancy. No more grilled cheese and ham sandwhiches with mayo and lettuce for me

It's so funny I've told a couple of different people and they are all like that normal you're making a baby it happens but my mom who has always been on me about my weight was like I guess you need to watch it a little more this month time for just salads. Gee thanks for the support mom
    Mm59.jpg.png

.png

.png
  • medussamedussa Registered Users Posts: 12,993
    I'm worried about you, pickles. Seriously. Based on your post, I'm assuming you are overweight? You still are supposed to gain. Not lose. Not maintain. Please talk to your doctor. Don't hurt your baby. And don't listen to your mom. :x
  • SystemSystem Posts: 39,060 Administrator
    From what I've read, people gain weight in all different ways.

In my case I was pseudo dieting (ok let's be real here, I was failing at dieting), with the hope to loose 10-15lbs of new relationship weight. And when I found out I was pregnant, all of that went out the window. In the process of listening to my body I craved meat like crazy the first 3 months. Then it switched to carbs - particularly potatoes in months 3-4 and intermittantly in months 3 and 4 I would crave dairy. I'd down like 3 glasses of milk - and I rarely drink milk.

In terms of weight, I packed on quicky the first 4 months and now I barely add pounds each month.

Some people add very little in the beginning and gain weight rapidly towards the end.

So just because you're gaining alot right now or very little right now, it really doesnt matter, because things may speed up/slow down towards the end.

So yea my ass is wide as montana but it's only temporary anyway.

I'm sure your weight loss goals can wait a few months.
  • jennapeachjennapeach Registered Users Posts: 37
    I've lost 2 haven't gained any. I'm just at the point where I can't afford to gain with this pregnancy.

Hold on... is this your doctor's advice? I'm *quite* overweight and my doctor wanted me to gain between 10-20 lbs during my PG. At one point, I had a gallbladder attack and lost 4 lbs in a week and she had a **** fit about me losing that much. I ended up gaining 11 lbs total (didn't put that on until the 3rd trimester).

Even if you're overweight (which I'm just assuming you are from your post), you still need to gain some weight for the benefit of your baby. Pregnancy is not the time to be worried about losing or just maintaining your weight.
    I didn't say that I'm trying to loose weight by being pregnant and I know it's normal even if you're over weight to gain the 10 to 20 pounds or whatever. It's just new to me to gain 6 pounds in one month when with my last pregnancy I lost so much. My Dr doesn't care one way or another he's told me before that as long as I'm ok and the baby is ok he doesn't care if I end up loosing weight. There's no reason to worry about me it's just taking some time to get used to. But I do appreciat all the concern
    Mm59.jpg.png

.png

.png
  • shellibeanshellibean Registered Users Posts: 4,500
    Promise you wont just eat salad like your mom suggested! You should tell her that asalad doesn't have all the nutrients that the baby (and you)needs.
    A closed mind is a wonderful thing to lose.

"...you could have a turd on your head and no one would notice."~Subbrock

"I had an imaginary puppy, but my grandpa ate him."~Bailey
    shelli wrote:
    Promise you wont just eat salad like your mom suggested! You should tell her that asalad doesn't have all the nutrients that the baby (and you)needs.

Oh don't worry I'm not going to deprive myself duh I'm pregnant I'm supposed to eat how often can you use the shut up I'm pregnant excuse lol. And yes if I'm hungry for one of my grilled cheese and ham actually we're out of ham so it will be turkey with mayo and lettuce then I'm going to eat it (they are fab by the way you must try) It was just a shock for the nurse to say you gained 6 pounds this month when the last two times she would say you've lost 4. I just better not gain 6 next month :wink: that's me telling me that not anyone else and I'm not going to like starve myself if I do I'll just deal with it.
    Mm59.jpg.png

.png

.png
  • deezee02deezee02 Registered Users Posts: 1,509
    picklesgirl- i gained all my weight my second trimester, Dr. said it is perfectly normal to gain a lot at that point b/c the baby is growing so fast
    58eCm4.png
    SCxkm4.png

Come swag with me!
  • sundaysunday Registered Users Posts: 535
    I honestly think that your weight can vary so much when you are pregnant b/c of water weight. I remember one month when I gained five pounds and the nurse who weighed me made me feel really bad about it, even though she shouldn't have said anything. But when I went back the next month I weighed a pound less. So you never can tell. Pregnancy does weird things to your body.

BTW jennapeach - that is one cute baby in your avatar!
    3 something
    fotki pw: sunday
  • SweetPicklesSweetPickles Registered Users Posts: 850
    From what I've read, people gain weight in all different ways...Some people add very little in the beginning and gain weight rapidly towards the end.

So just because you're gaining alot right now or very little right now, it really doesnt matter, because things may speed up/slow down towards the end.
    So true. I gained some in the first trimester, most of it in the second, and lost some of the weight I had gained in the third, especially in the last several weeks. That second trimester was really hard, watching the scale go all crazy like that. But things evened out.

Unrelated question for Jennapeach:
    Did M. ever end up getting that commercial she tried out for?? My Creepy membership got deleted so I never got to hear how it turned out. I've been dying to know if I should be looking for her on TV!
    Hair type: Completely confused: mostly 3a, some 3b parts, and even 2 in places; very fine and thin.
    Products: Elucence clarifying & MBC; CK, F/X Curl Booster Fixative Gel (when I can find it)
  • jennapeachjennapeach Registered Users Posts: 37
    Did M. ever end up getting that commercial she tried out for?? My Creepy membership got deleted so I never got to hear how it turned out.

SP! Hee... so sweet of you to ask. Nah, we never heard back from it, but I'm ok with that. We're actually going to wait to do more auditions until M is a little older. I guess there are labor laws that predispose 12-18mo as a slow time, so it'll be a good chance to get head shots done and all that jazz. Thanks for asking!

Picklesgirl sorry for the guano! If it helps, I lost weight consistently my first and second tris and didn't have a net gain until about 7 months along. And, it wasn't for lack of trying. :lol:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file